Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Word is both United and City have only offered £10m
Brilliant

No wonder United are after him at that price

Unread 20-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Tumescent Throb

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18922208

[SIZE="7"]ARSENAL DISMISS UNITED'S OFFER

[SIZE="1"]oh and by the way, they also dismissed City's and Juventus', whoever they are

Unread 20-07-2012, 02:28 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Brilliant

No wonder United are after him at that price
Bobby Cassy says Fergie wants Bainsey, Lucasy and Van Persey.

Unread 20-07-2012, 02:29 PM
dunk

Quote:
Bobby Cassy says Fergie wants Bainsey, Lucasy and Van Persey.

Does he be gorra

Unread 20-07-2012, 02:41 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Word is both United and City have only offered £10m
Hmm, I wonder who'll eventually be the highest bidder?
I'm on tenterhooks.

Bainesy it is then

Unread 20-07-2012, 02:43 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Hmm, I wonder who'll eventually be the highest bidder?
I'm on tenterhooks.

Bainesy it is then
Persie won't go to City if they've still got Tevez, Aguero and Balotelli. That's my opinion. If he was only about money he'd have left Arsenal ages ago. He's not exactly short of a few quid.

Unread 20-07-2012, 02:47 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Persie won't go to City if they've still got Tevez, Aguero and Balotelli. That's my opinion. If he was only about money he'd have left Arsenal ages ago. He's not exactly short of a few quid.
I agree with you, but I don't think he'll have much choice - City will come in with an obscene second bid which we won't match.
Apart from anything else Wenger will want to sell to anybody but United. His pride won't allow it.

Unread 20-07-2012, 03:05 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
Can't see Van Persie as the type to play abroad

Unread 20-07-2012, 03:26 PM
Blagger

It's a bit of an odd signing, but I'd love him at United. At times last season he completely unplayable, and not just against lesser talented teams. If he can retain a mere resemblance of that form then £15m is bargain, imo.

Unread 20-07-2012, 03:26 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blagger
It's a bit of an odd signing, but I'd love him at United. At times last season he completely unplayable, and not just against lesser talented teams. If he can retain a mere resemblance of that form then £15m is bargain, imo.
£20m minimum.

Unread 20-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Blagger

Quote:
£20m minimum.
It's not set in stone, bearing in mind he's got one year left and Arsenal have to sell.

Unread 20-07-2012, 03:44 PM
Father Christmas

Wages might be an issue. Presumably Rooney's would have to match whatever RVP would get

Unread 20-07-2012, 04:10 PM
silv

Quote:
It's not set in stone, bearing in mind he's got one year left and Arsenal have to sell.
£15m £20m... who cares? Pay the going rate ffs. We paid £8m for Bebe ffs. Van Persie could put in at least 3 seasons of majestic play.

I dont believe we are even in for him, its more %@#$&!s no doubt but if he is showing an interest then sign him. Hes an unbelievable player. Tbh it doesn't even fathom the thought of him playing for United. Ive never even considered it as a transfer.

Only really City because they are buying anyone and everyone. I dont think they will be desperate for him now because they have just won the league and the need for the Hollywood signing isnt as apparent as it was before.

Unread 20-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
£15m £20m... who cares? Pay the going rate ffs. We paid £8m for Bebe ffs. Van Persie could put in at least 3 seasons of majestic play.

I dont believe we are even in for him, its more %@#$&!s no doubt but if he is showing an interest then sign him. Hes an unbelievable player. Tbh it doesn't even fathom the thought of him playing for United. Ive never even considered it as a transfer.

Only really City because they are buying anyone and everyone. I dont think they will be desperate for him now because they have just won the league and the need for the Hollywood signing isnt as apparent as it was before.
Dount we'll still have him when he's 28 tbf

Unread 20-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Dr Gonzo

Quote:
Like us and the Berbster ??

Unread 20-07-2012, 04:15 PM
utd99

Once a departure has become inevitable it's pretty much down to where the player wants to go. If Van Persie has made his mind up and his reps have agreed personal terms behind the scenes, then that's where he will end up. At this point I don't think it's a case of Arsenal holding out for the best bid.

Same reason we had to sell Becks to Real when we could have gotten more from Barcelona. The deal was done.

Unread 20-07-2012, 04:26 PM
utd99

Van Persie has known that this moment would be coming for at least 6 months, if not longer, given the situation with Fabregas, Nasri and the rest. He's had loads of time to assess the landscape, have his reps sound out potential suitors and weigh up the options.

We are less than a month from the start of the season, he knows where he is going. Whatever choice he's made, it's all done bar the shouting.

Unread 20-07-2012, 04:30 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Van Persie has known that this moment would be coming for at least 6 months, if not longer, given the situation with Fabregas, Nasri and the rest. He's had loads of time to assess the landscape, have his reps sound out potential suitors and weigh up the options.

We are less than a month from the start of the season, he knows where he is going. Whatever choice he's made, it's all done bar the shouting.
Barring city coming in late and saying "actually Robin- we'll double what they're offering... come to us". Nasri had agreed to join us last year remember...

Unread 20-07-2012, 04:34 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Barring city coming in late and saying "actually Robin- we'll double what they're offering... come to us". Nasri had agreed to join us last year remember...
Anything's possible of course. None of us know the truth, so it's all speculation. At this point though I'd bet good money his mind is made up.

Unread 20-07-2012, 05:32 PM
Sloane

bid confirmed by SAF
Quote:
"Obviously Arsenal have given out the fact that we've made a bid for him," the manager told MUTV.

"We try to keep business as close as possible to us until the moment we conclude a deal. There's no point talking about something that might not happen.

"There are other clubs interested in the player. We've shown an interest and that's where we're at at the moment."
Closed Thread