United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Sparky***

Default This whole kaka thing all over the news at the moment..

..says on the SSN ticker that Milan are "considering" a big offer from the bitters.

Putting aside the completely surreal nature of all this, Milan would be daft not to snatch City's hands off at this offer. £100m + for 1 player? They could rebuild half their squad with that money.

Unread 15-01-2009, 07:53 PM
Part 36 Offer

he's overrated imo

Unread 15-01-2009, 07:54 PM
Hopskipjump

not interested in winning any trophies in the next few years then

Unread 15-01-2009, 07:58 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
he's overrated imo
at 100 million? Perhaps you're right.

Unread 15-01-2009, 07:58 PM
magic_cantona

Mark Hughes comments make me laugh:

"The money involved is something we feel, from a football and business point of view, works,"

"The process has moved forward at a pace this week but people shouldn't be thinking that it is just a whim."

"It's been done with structure and understanding," he said.

"We're all very much involved in that process; myself from a football point of view and (chief executive) Garry Cook and (chairman) Khaldoon Al Mubarak from a club and business point of view.

"It would be naive to think I have not been involved in discussions over this transfer. I have had meetings about it and have had an input."

£#%&! off Mark, you silly @#%&!.Oh aye, it makes perfect sense.All that cash will be easily recouperated with huge ticket sales, Champions League entry/wins, Competition bonuses etc.And yes, it's no 'whim' is it?Kaka is obviously a little known player that City have had their eye on for years.

£#%&! off.

Unread 15-01-2009, 08:00 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Mark Hughes comments make me laugh:

"The money involved is something we feel, from a football and business point of view, works,"

"The process has moved forward at a pace this week but people shouldn't be thinking that it is just a whim."

"It's been done with structure and understanding," he said.

"We're all very much involved in that process; myself from a football point of view and (chief executive) Garry Cook and (chairman) Khaldoon Al Mubarak from a club and business point of view.

"It would be naive to think I have not been involved in discussions over this transfer. I have had meetings about it and have had an input."

£#%&! off Mark, you silly @#%&!.Oh aye, it makes perfect sense.All that cash will be easily recouperated with huge ticket sales, Champions League entry/wins, Competition bonuses etc.And yes, it's no 'whim' is it?Kaka is obviously a little known player that City have had their eye on for years.

£#%&! off.
Yeah. Like he has any say whatsoever in the transfer process.

"Mark, we're going to try and sign Kaka."

"Ok then."

Unread 15-01-2009, 08:03 PM
koppas

They should have gone for Messi. Kaka aint even the second best player in the world.

Unread 15-01-2009, 08:06 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
"Mark, we're going to try and sign Kaka."

"Ok then."
Followed by an expertly timed hitching up of his trousers.

Unread 15-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Milan would be daft not to snatch City's hands off at this offer. £100m + for 1 player? They could rebuild half their squad with that money.
Financially you're right, it would make sense. I think they are rightly concerned with the larger implications of it. They aren't a club to sell against their wishes and won't want to be perceived as such. And based on the Beckham loan, I don't think they even realise they need to rebuild their squad.

Unread 15-01-2009, 08:14 PM
koppas

Mark Hughes says this move makes sense from a business view.

Idiot.

Unread 15-01-2009, 08:15 PM
Spiffy

It's not looking good. AC Milan TV has scrapped it's scheduled programme to announce they are considering a bid of 120M euros from City. They've got some Itie on 5Live saying that this is to break it to the fans gently and that as Berlusiconi is also Italy's PM, there are political reasons why turning down that much money for 1 player would harm his political career as he'd be seen as greedy during a recession. It's looking like he's off.

Unread 15-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Spaniard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
he's overrated imo
Nah he is brillaint...but obviously nothing like worth that kind of money.

Bet Richard Scudamore is rubbing his #@&%! with glee. The next tv contract will be huge if Citeh keep throwing silly money around.

Unread 15-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopskipjump
not interested in winning any trophies in the next few years then
Ahem...

Unread 15-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
It's not looking good. AC Milan TV has scrapped it's scheduled programme to announce they are considering a bid of 120M euros from City. They've got some Itie on 5Live saying that this is to break it to the fans gently and that as Berlusiconi is also Italy's PM, there are political reasons why turning down that much money for 1 player would harm his political career as he'd be seen as greedy during a recession. It's looking like he's off.
you think they'd take a swap deal with o'shea?

Unread 15-01-2009, 08:19 PM
armchair

They'd be lucky to get three players for that money.

Unread 15-01-2009, 08:20 PM
Spaniard

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
They should have gone for Messi. Kaka aint even the second best player in the world.
Messi would refuse to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Financially you're right, it would make sense. I think they are rightly concerned with the larger implications of it. They aren't a club to sell against their wishes and won't want to be perceived as such. And based on the Beckham loan, I don't think they even realise they need to rebuild their squad.
Any way that you look at it, this makes sense.

Unread 15-01-2009, 08:25 PM
taff

if by some mad twist this actually goes through, city will end up with a player who (a) doesn't want to be there and (b) has major reservations about the quality of the club he's signed for. sounds like a £#%&!ing dream, eh? he'll probably be on prozac before the end of the season.

Unread 15-01-2009, 08:28 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
if by some mad twist this actually goes through, city will end up with a player who (a) doesn't want to be there and (b) has major reservations about the quality of the club he's signed for.
you mean Robinho right

Unread 15-01-2009, 08:28 PM
MJ Ramone

Hughesie really £#%&!ed me off again today with his Press Conference.
That arrogant shrug & deadpan delivery "Of course we're interested in quality players....if a player of that quality becomes available then I'm always interested" etc
Yeah, because Kaka has 'suddenly become available' & it only stands to sense he'd want to join a Club like City..

As if there's nothing more natural in the World than City being in for the best players in the World!...as if it's just the way it is.
A Club in a relegation scrap, a Club who haven't won anything for a lifetime, a Club where Shaun Goater is a living Legend etc..

You'd at the very least expect Hughes to have a bit of self awareness. To have a bit of a smile on his face about it...to admit how crazy the whole situation is.

Unread 15-01-2009, 08:30 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaniard

Any way that you look at it, this makes sense.
Okay, let's look at it from the perspective of the millions of Milan fans around the world, to whom Kaka is a hero. Does it still make sense to crush your entire fan base for one big lump of cash, especially as it will probably be misused to sign David Beckham and a few more players of that level?
Closed Thread