United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-01-2014, 01:09 PM
believe

I love how he's gone from clueless £#%&!wit to tactical genius overnight

I can't wait to see him pointing and shouting at Mata next week when we're 2-0 down against Cardiff.

Unread 25-01-2014, 01:11 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

I can't wait to see him pointing and shouting at Mata next week when we're 2-0 down against Cardiff.
Only with the fickle reds.

Pointing, shouting, being ignored

Unread 25-01-2014, 01:11 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blagger
At least we won't play the standard 4-4-2 anymore.
"Get out on that left wing Mata - i wanna see chalk on them boots son!"

Unread 25-01-2014, 01:15 PM
Blagger

Quote:

No one's said that. Just that he might not be that bad, you know, 'cause he's brought in Mata. Right? Yeah? No. I don't believe it either.

Unread 25-01-2014, 01:18 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blagger
No one's said that. Just that he might not be that bad, you know, 'cause he's brought in Mata. Right? Yeah? No. I don't believe it either.
I just can't see it because I've actually seen him manage now. Never before have I seen such a bewildered figure on a touchline.

Anyway, JL has probably got Mata hod carrying for a two week apprentice to get him up (down) to fitness, before he even thinks of kicking a ball the Moyes' way.

Unread 25-01-2014, 01:21 PM
dunk

'Hooray! We've broken our transfer record for another forward player, all those defensive issues caused by poor coaching and unimaginative tactics will now just melt away...'

£#%&!ing hope they do. Never underestimate the power of confidence, and the additional confidence a stellar signing can bring

Unread 25-01-2014, 01:25 PM
ZiggyStardust

We'll have to wait and see where Moyes plays him and how he adapts to our team
My fear is that he becomes a bit lost like Kagawa but to a lesser extent

I think if we are going to start Mata, Rooney and Van Persie in the same side then Moyes will have to complement those 3 with someone like Valencia or Welbeck playing one of the wide positions when playing tough opponents to provide better defensive balance given the problems we have in centre midfield and at the back

I hope to see a fluid interchanging of positions between Rooney, Mata, Van Persie and whoever plays with them
Then the natural width can come from the full back area otherwise we will still be slow and predictable in attacking areas

Given what I have seen from Moyes Utd this season I will believe it when I see it

Unread 25-01-2014, 01:41 PM
Hieronymous Biff

Has Mata ever played deeper? Don't see why he can't play where Scholes played alongside Carrick. Especially at home to the lesser teams. Scholes hardly excelled defensively but that set-up worked, and Mata has got to be be more mobile than he was for his last few seasons.

Unread 25-01-2014, 01:42 PM
Camel

can't see moyes playing rooney, rvp, mata and januzaj all together unless we're desperately chasing a goal to draw level or to nick a win in a game we should be winning comfortably...so the last 20 mins against cardiff and most of the matches of the rest of the season it is then.

Unread 25-01-2014, 01:42 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hieronymous Biff
Has Mata ever played deeper? Don't see why he can't play where Scholes played alongside Carrick. Especially at home to the lesser teams. Scholes hardly excelled defensively but that set-up worked, and Mata has got to be be more mobile than he was for his last few seasons.
so 4-4-2 then

Unread 25-01-2014, 01:44 PM
Blagger

Quote:
I just can't see it because I've actually seen him manage now. Never before have I seen such a bewildered figure on a touchline.

Anyway, JL has probably got Mata hod carrying for a two week apprentice to get him up (down) to fitness, before he even thinks of kicking a ball the Moyes' way.
The guy is a #@&%!, NQAT.

Unread 25-01-2014, 01:59 PM
Hieronymous Biff

Quote:
so 4-4-2 then
Yus, or 4231. Whichevers.

Unread 25-01-2014, 01:59 PM
Barracuda

Sometimes you get to a point where you have too many options and too many players to rotate with, that it causes problems. We might be heading towards that if we're not careful.

The easy answer is to ditch the archaic 4-4-2 and the few players it suits - Young and Valencia - and play a system that suits the genuinely good players you have.

I'm a bit concerned Moyes is still going to £#%&! this up though, I don't think he has the balls to leave out or move Rooney if fit, and rightly so because he's a great striker - but so is Percy - which means Mata, despite being far and away the best No. 10 at the Club now, won't be playing there if the two strikers are fit and available. He's had the same problem with Kagawa, but now he's got Kagawa and a better version of Kagawa to play with.

Players are undoubtedly going to be shunted around into positions that are not their best to accommodate others - it's still not a natural fit ... assuming of course that none of the better players are sold?

Great options on paper, and great that we have a number of really good forwards and strikers to choose from - but Moyes is going to have a job keeping them all in their correct positions on a regular basis. He might feel obliged to fit them all in somehow, but the best functioning team does not necessarily contain all the big players.
Closed Thread