United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Hieronymous Biff

Default Re: Rooney hasn't got Ronaldo as a safety net this season - it is his moment of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
So you're saying Rooney was sensational?

I'm not getting into it anyway, because he's been great the last few games and has taken it to another level since I posted that.
His touch has improved in tighter spaces. He's getting caught in possession less, and aside from last night with a few silly flicks doesn't give the ball away as cheaply. His awareness seems to have improved.
All I hope is that this is a new plateau he's gone onto, and not just a pique in his form.
Someone's overstretched themselves.

Unread 11-03-2010, 12:29 PM
antonin jablonsky

Default Re: Rooney hasn't got Ronaldo as a safety net this season - it is his moment of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hieronymous Biff

Unread 11-03-2010, 12:33 PM
dodger

A chelsea fan said to me last night that this is the worst United team for 15 years and we're totally reliant on Rooney. The words had just escaped his lips when Park scored. Great moment.

Unread 11-03-2010, 12:34 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
A chelsea fan said to me last night that this is the worst United team for 15 years and we're totally reliant on Rooney. The words had just escaped his lips when Park scored. Great moment.
Didn't know you knew mario?

Unread 11-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Ouch

Unread 11-03-2010, 12:35 PM
borsuk

Quote:
So you're saying Rooney was sensational?
no. this man was saying he was sensational.

i suspect he might know what he's talking about tbh.

Unread 11-03-2010, 01:17 PM
Argentina

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
no. this man was saying he was sensational.

i suspect he might know what he's talking about tbh.
Can't be arsed getting the exact quotes regarding player like Liam Miller, Djemba tiwns and Bellion.
Also said he's fine with the Glazers. Does that mean you and I should be too?

Like I said, things Ferguson says are calculated, but you can't have a debate with 99% of you lot because you love Rooney and can't be objective. I don't blame you, love clouds the mind.

Unread 11-03-2010, 01:19 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

Can't be arsed getting the exact quotes regarding player like Liam Miller, Djemba tiwns and Bellion.

Like I said, things Ferguson says are calculated, but you can't have a debate with 99% of you lot because you love Rooney and can't be objective. I don't blame you, love clouds the mind.
You're weird.

Unread 11-03-2010, 01:32 PM
borsuk

Quote:

don't remember fergie ever describing any of those as sensational but hey, knock yourself out, find the quote.

fergie as an authority on football matters? yeah, i'd say so.
fergie as an authority on corporate ownership, second-hand cars and childhood illnesses? nah, probably not.

rooney has been criticised plenty for poor performances. but if you can't see that he was absolutely superb yesterday then there really is no hope for you.

Unread 11-03-2010, 01:32 PM
Spiffy

Quote:

OK I'll bite. SAF has been known to lie to the fans previously, that is true. Now we agree on that can you tell me in what areas Rooney is lacking and who is better than him? Is Drogba, Torres or Tevez better than Rooney for example? It'd be interesting to see where you position him when comparing him to world class strikers.

Unread 11-03-2010, 01:34 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
don't remember fergie ever describing any of those as sensational but hey, knock yourself out, find the quote.

fergie as an authority on corporate ownership, second-hand cars and childhood illnesses? nah, probably not.

rooney has been criticised plenty for poor performances. but if you can't see that he was absolutely superb yesterday then there really is no hope for you.
SAF is an authority on footballing matters. When was the last time he said one of our players was shit? Never. You therefore can't accept all the praise if there is no criticism of the underperformers. For all we know, SAF thought Forlan was sensational for us.

Unread 11-03-2010, 01:38 PM
borsuk

Thumbs up Re: Rooney hasn't got Ronaldo as a safety net this season - it is his moment of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
SAF is an authority on footballing matters. When was the last time he said one of our players was shit? Never. You therefore can't accept all the praise if there is no criticism of the underperformers. For all we know, SAF thought Forlan was sensational for us.
i have a cat
the cat has four legs
dogs have four legs
my cat is a dog

Unread 11-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
i have a cat
the cat has four legs
dogs have four legs
my cat is a dog

Can't believe there are some people still doubting Rooney's ability.

The internet is full of morons.

Unread 11-03-2010, 01:44 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
i have a cat
the cat has four legs
dogs have four legs
my cat is a dog
But Franter has only got three legs.

Unread 11-03-2010, 01:46 PM
dunk

This thread needs a....

wibble

Unread 11-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
i have a cat
the cat has four legs
dogs have four legs
my cat is a dog
I hate to break it to you but it probably isn't.

So you have no qualms about accepting the opinion of someone who in the past has lied to us? We all know Rooney is probably the best player in the world but if SAF said I was eating pasta, I'd check before I ate it, or whatever the quote was. He has form of lying to people so surely to blindly accept everything he says is being a tad naive.

Unread 11-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop

Can't believe there are some people still doubting Rooney's ability.

The internet is full of morons.
Just to clarify, I do not doubt Rooney's ability. I said he was better than Ronaldo when we had them both. I've said countless times that I wouldn't swap Rooney for any other player in the world. It's Argentina who thinks he's not all that great.

HTH.

Unread 11-03-2010, 01:55 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
I hate to break it to you but it probably isn't.

So you have no qualms about accepting the opinion of someone who in the past has lied to us? We all know Rooney is probably the best player in the world but if SAF said I was eating pasta, I'd check before I ate it, or whatever the quote was. He has form of lying to people so surely to blindly accept everything he says is being a tad naive.
aye alright fergie doesn't slag players off in public therefore everything else he says can't be trusted

i mean, honestly, where to £#%&!ing start with that? i doubt there's a person alive who hasn't lied. big £#%&!ing deal. and which lie are you talking about? not slagging players off isn't lying, it's keeping things in-house. if a player is shit then fergie doesn't praise them, he just tells the media to £#%&! off. fergie has given us his opinion of the glazers, which i disagree with. i have no reason to think he's lying. from his point of view it's probably a damn sight better than the plc.

fergie's comments of players are pretty authoritative imo. i honestly can't remember him praising a player's performance unless they had played well. that's different, btw, from refusing to criticise players publicly and it's different from talking in general terms about a player's potential.

i don't accept everything fergie says blindly. i consider his views on football matters to be pretty well based and when they concur with the evidence of my own eyes i tend to find them pretty convincing.

Unread 11-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Argentina

Quote:

Against Arsenal, he was absolutely superb. For 60 minutes, the best I've seen him play in a United shirt. Against Villa in the seond half he was very good.
Last night he wasn't up to much in terms of overall play. Just like at Everton.
Villa away he was great. Just like away in Milan. I'm not talking about scoring goals, I'm talking about displays. Last night he wasn't up to much.
Fletcher MOTM, Ferdinand not far behind, Park, Valencia, Neville all ahead of Rooney last night in terms of performance.

It's no bad thing to say Rooney didn't play all that well but scored two goals

Unread 11-03-2010, 02:06 PM
borsuk

Quote:
It's no bad thing to say Rooney didn't play all that well but scored two goals
of course it's not bad. wrong, silly, plain daft but not bad.

milan couldn't cope with him. his movement, hold up play, passing, touch, closing down - he was top class last night, absolutely top class.
Closed Thread