United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-02-2010, 12:21 PM
dodger

Default Fabregas Handball

I assume the FA will be giving Fabregas retrospective ban for his handball last night? The ball was goalbound and he stuck an arm above his head to deflect it. Straight red.
Obviously the FA are hot on this stuff, as we know with the Ferdinand ban, so I'll be expecting to hear about this soon. I'm susprised Sky and the papers aren't all over it already. They must still be preparing copy.

Unread 11-02-2010, 12:22 PM
antonin jablonsky

Default Re: Fabregas Handball

I'd be more interested in the FA's opinions on the freekick that led to the handball and how it was gained.

That and Liverpool's penalty claim earlier.

Unread 11-02-2010, 12:22 PM
carlosartorial

Ferdinand has been given an extra game for it.

Mad.

Unread 11-02-2010, 12:24 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Dont forget he was booked during the freekick being organised and a deliberate handball is also another yellow meaning if Webb had the balls to give it he would of had to book him again.

Unread 11-02-2010, 12:25 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I'd be more interested in the FA's opinions on the freekick that led to the handball and how it was gained.

Well this is how I saw it: Gerrard tried a dive and when he realised how obvious it looked, even by his standards, he claimed for a light push on one of the other puffs.

Unread 11-02-2010, 12:26 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky

Gerrard 'trips over blade-of-grass' obvious free-kick!:shakehead:

He then realises he will be up for ridicule again so starts screaming for Kuyts one which Kuyt didnt even appeal for!

The cherry on the top was after it hit Fabregas' hand, it came back to Gerrard and he was too busy appealing to properly set himself for the shot!

Utter @#%&! of a man

Unread 11-02-2010, 12:26 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Dont forget he was booked during the freekick being organised and a deliberate handball is also another yellow meaning if Webb had the balls to give it he would of had to book him again.
Surely keeping out a goalbound effort is a straight red? Would be if he was on the line, no difference is there?

Unread 11-02-2010, 12:27 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Well this is how I saw it: Gerrard tried a dive and when he realised how obvious it looked, even by his standards, he claimed for a light push on one of the other puffs.
and the penalty, classic Stevie G, throw your right leg out, left leg crumples, throw your arms forward and hit the ddeck.

Unread 11-02-2010, 12:28 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Surely keeping out a goalbound effort is a straight red? Would be if he was on the line, no difference is there?
United player yes, anybody else...no

Unread 11-02-2010, 01:22 PM
Lok

The scouser in our office hasn't shut up about this all morning. He says it was an obvious penalty.

Since when do they give penalties for hand balls outside the box?

http://videos.sapo.pt/2AmIbGgqlRsaHo1MC3n9

Unread 11-02-2010, 01:32 PM
SilverSurfer

missed Motd last night - anyone got a gif/link to the Gerrard dive? Unless - that bit at the start of the clip is what everyone is referring to?

Unread 11-02-2010, 01:35 PM
Sparky***

reina should compete for spain in the olympics. I've never seen anyone get 100+ yards up the pitch in the time he manages every week to shout at the ref.

Unread 11-02-2010, 01:42 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
reina should compete for spain in the olympics. I've never seen anyone get 100+ yards up the pitch in the time he manages every week to shout at the ref.
Does my £#%&!ing head in!

How as a keeper does he honestly think a ref is gonna listen to him about something that happened on/around the opponents box?

Does he honestly think a ref will believe he has had a better view?

(not on about this 1 incident in particular, but it seems to be every time they have any incident when St Steve is looking for summat)

Unread 11-02-2010, 02:00 PM
naes_sean

Diving @#%&!.

Unread 11-02-2010, 03:02 PM
TravellingRed

£#%&! the scouse @#%&!s, I'm glad Fabregas did get away with it, it will wind the vermin up more.
Stevie Me, what a £#%&!ing #@&%!, dives then appeals for Kuyt being pushed, who fair play to didn't appeal and got up to get the ball back. If it was one of ours who was acting like that we'd hear no end of it in the papers, the rat faced, cheating @#%&!.

Unread 11-02-2010, 03:09 PM
Hieronymous Biff

http://www.deephorizon.info/index.php

Unread 11-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Ashley's Grime

I noticed on Tuesday night Paul Jewell said that Ricardo Fuller did exactly the same as Rio and it would be interesting to see if he got a ban.....not a £#%&!ing dickiebird so far.

Unread 11-02-2010, 04:59 PM
Grimson

Quote:
There's 19 yards of difference. I don't think you can assume a goal from that range, just because a TV replay shows that the shot was on target.

Unread 11-02-2010, 05:04 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
The scouser in our office hasn't shut up about this all morning. He says it was an obvious penalty.

Arsenal 1 - 0 Liverpool[Cesc Handball No 2 Yellow] - SAPO Vídeos
£#%&! me, you can see why even the officiating bodies think Howard Webb has turned into a really shite referee over the last year or so. He seems to consistently £#%&! up every time I see him. Should have booked Gerrard for diving before that non-existent free-kick on Kuyt and the ridiculous failure to spot Fabregas' handball

Unread 11-02-2010, 05:07 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

Arsenal 1 - 0 Liverpool[Cesc Handball No 2 Yellow] - SAPO Vídeos
Correct
Closed Thread