United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-12-2017, 11:53 PM
saffers

Default Mourinho is spot on, the football gods have favoured City this season

Absolutely a good team but what has gone on in the last few weeks in terms of refereeing favours and general fortune suggests it is their destiny to win the league.

All about going for the CL now and making sure we are the ones breaking records in the league next season. That means getting Mou absolutely everyone who he wants. City if they go on to finish the job wont be retaining the league.

Also lay off Lukaku, easy scapegoat after his mistakes but he's not the main reason we lost. Face up to the fact that Mourinho still doesn't have his main setup ready + key players of the current squad missing.

I am convinced we will be champions next season. Absolutely crazy that there are people suggesting a managerial change.....

Unread 10-12-2017, 11:55 PM
ZiggyStardust

Seriously saffers I’m not in the mood for your ultra red bullshit

Give it a rest for a while

Unread 10-12-2017, 11:57 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Seriously saffers I’m not in the mood for your ultra red bullshit

Give it a rest for a while
In the mood to open the thread and have a whinge though eh.

Suck out.

We have had a good season, the team we are up against has 14 wins out of 15 ffs.

Write off Mou at your peril.

Unread 10-12-2017, 11:58 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Absolutely a good team but what has gone on in the last few weeks in terms of refereeing favours and general fortune suggests it is their destiny to win the league.

All about going for the CL now and making sure we are the ones breaking records in the league next season. That means getting Mou absolutely everyone who he wants. City if they go on to finish the job wont be retaining the league.

Also lay off Lukaku, easy scapegoat after his mistakes but he's not the main reason we lost. Face up to the fact that Mourinho still doesn't have his main setup ready + key players of the current squad missing.

I am convinced we will be champions next season. Absolutely crazy that there are people suggesting a managerial change.....
Well, that ain't going to £#%&!ing happen with mr "we've got 80% more twitter mentions than everyone else" as chief exec

Unread 10-12-2017, 11:59 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Well, that ain't going to £#%&!ing happen with mr "we've got 80% more twitter mentions than everyone else" as chief exec
The pressure is on now.

All I know is that I trust someone like Mourinho to rise to the challenge. We will be better as a result of the stakes being upped.

City sorting themselves out will do wonders for us long term.

Unread 11-12-2017, 12:01 AM
Tiberian

In ancient myth the Gods often favour those who pay tribute to them. City are doing this by committing to play football. Sadly Utd are inviting their wrath, one long ball at a time.

Unread 11-12-2017, 12:05 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
In ancient myth the Gods often favour those who pay tribute to them. City are doing this by committing to play football. Sadly Utd are inviting their wrath, one long ball at a time.
Anyone who thinks United don't play football is deluded. Sure we adapt our game in certain big games but it's still football. It just doesnt look great at times due to us lacking key players in key positions. Nobody called Chelsea dull this time last year cruising to 13 wins on the bounce playing a similar style to this Mou team. Going to the etihad and giving the ball up but crushing peps boys on the counter. We don't have a costa or a hazard atm tho.

Unread 11-12-2017, 12:09 AM
The taste of...

The most annoying thing today was that although we had already accepted it use........ our long balls were £#%&!ing shite to a player who couldn't hold on to an anvil unless he was teeing up the opposition on our six yard line

Unread 11-12-2017, 12:09 AM
utd99

Quote:
What the £#%&! are you talking about?

Unread 11-12-2017, 12:10 AM
Cream

Quote:
Unfortunately, Mourinho is not the type to trust average players with expansive attacking football against the best opponents.

Poggers out = disaster planning.

We desperately need a couple of Griezman level signings. It would have a massive positive effect.

Don't even want to think about Lukaku right now.

Unread 11-12-2017, 12:11 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Anyone who thinks United don't play football is deluded. Sure we adapt our game in certain big games but it's still football. It just doesnt look great at times due to us lacking key players in key positions. Nobody called Chelsea dull this time last year cruising to 13 wins on the bounce playing a similar style to this Mou team. Going to the etihad and giving the ball up but crushing peps boys on the counter. We don't have a costa or a hazard atm tho.
Or a Moses, Alonso, Gary Cahill either.

Say the board gives Mourinho £300 million to spend in the summer. Do you think his approach in big games will change? The results might due to better individual quality but it will likely be a slightly more refined version of what he is showing us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
What the f*** are you talking about?
The footballing Gods.

Unread 11-12-2017, 12:13 AM
utd99

Quote:
Or a Moses, Alonso, Gary Cahill either.

Say the board gives Mourinho £300 million to spend in the summer. Do you think his approach in big games will change? The results might due to better individual quality but it will likely be a slightly more refined version of what he is showing us.
If he trusted the team more, yes.

Regardless of what he says in interviews (I don’t even watch anymore, too cringe) he clearly doesn’t rate/trust most of this squad in big games.

Unread 11-12-2017, 12:14 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:

To be fair we’re doing al OST as well as any Fergie team an the same point. Problem is we’re up against a team with unlimited resources and are going to break every record going this season.

Just a shame it’s those unappreciative blue bastards

Unread 11-12-2017, 12:14 AM
utd99

Quote:
The footballing Gods.
Oh.

Unread 11-12-2017, 12:16 AM
Part 36 Offer

Sorry but Mourinho is full of £#%&!ing shit. Sick to death of hearing from the @#%&!.

Unread 11-12-2017, 12:20 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
If he trusted the team more, yes.

Regardless of what he says in interviews (I don’t even watch anymore, too cringe) he clearly doesn’t rate/trust most of this squad in big games.
Tbf Mourinho had Ozil, Di Maria, Kaka, Ronaldo, Higuain and Benzema and he still sent them out to kick Barca off the pitch. Then blamed Uefa.

Unread 11-12-2017, 12:40 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Tbf Mourinho had Ozil, Di Maria, Kaka, Ronaldo, Higuain and Benzema and he still sent them out to kick Barca off the pitch. Then blamed Uefa.
Was that the team that scored 120 goals?

Unread 11-12-2017, 12:47 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Was that the team that scored 120 goals?
No, that was the year after. But even if it was the issue was whether his big game approach is really about the players he has.

I thought we’d be far more aggressive today. Really use the crowd. But it seems that where Guardiola is concerned this is it for Mou.

Unread 11-12-2017, 01:01 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
No, that was the year after. But even if it was the issue was whether his big game approach is really about the players he has.

I thought we’d be far more aggressive today. Really use the crowd. But it seems that where Guardiola is concerned this is it for Mou.
Who knows if we would have been bolder with Bailly and Pogba playing. I think it’s fair to say that with Mkhitaryan going off the boil, Ibra still not fit that he was forced to play too many players he has no faith in. In those circumstances what do you do? Risk a 1-5 by going toe to toe, or risk the wrath of the supporters by being negative? He obviously opted for the latter, but the players didn’t help by being shit (and shit scared) in critical moments.

Unread 11-12-2017, 01:06 AM
jem

Quote:
All I know is that I trust someone like Mourinho to rise to the challenge.
city have been lucky, but they are going to walk the league. mourinho can't even get the basics right. we deserved to lose.
Closed Thread