Unread 03-06-2017, 11:53 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Wouldn't you..?
Rinse Cathy? Definitely

Unread 03-06-2017, 11:53 PM
Neo

Fairly gutted that it's that @#%&! of a club that have gone on to retain it. An extremely efficient team, but hardly a memorable one. Still, to beat Bayern, Atletico and Juventus on the way is quite an achievement, irrespective of the shocking refereeing in the quarter final second leg against Bayern. Ronaldo's goalscoring numbers in the latter stages have been ridiculous.

No doubt they'll go out and be even more ruthless in the transfer window now. I expect them to add De Gea and Mbappe to their squad, whilst offloading Rodriguez and Morata for about £50m each. I despise them as a club, but they get shit done, and absolutely demand the European Cup in a way that I can only wish United did.

Zidane already on as many Champions League wins as Fergie is about as damning an indictment as you can get on our failings in Europe over the years. We're currently light years behind, too, despite what some might say.

Unread 03-06-2017, 11:54 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Rinse Cathy? Definitely
And think of Ronaldo while you were doing it?

Unread 03-06-2017, 11:56 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
And think of Ronaldo while you were doing it?
Yes. Ofcourse. Him too.

Unread 03-06-2017, 11:56 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Fairly gutted that it's that c*** of a club that have gone on to retain it. An extremely efficient team, but hardly a memorable one. Still, to beat Bayern, Atletico and Juventus on the way is quite an achievement, irrespective of the shocking refereeing in the quarter final second leg against Bayern. Ronaldo's goalscoring numbers in the latter stages have been ridiculous.

No doubt they'll go out and be even more ruthless in the transfer window now. I expect them to add De Gea and Mbappe to their squad, whilst offloading Rodriguez and Morata for about £50m each. I despise them as a club, but they get shit done, and absolutely demand the European Cup in a way that I can only wish United did.

Zidane already on as many Champions League wins as Fergie is about as damning an indictment as you can get on our failings in Europe over the years. We're currently light years behind, too, despite what some might say.
Compare that to our transfer strategy in summer 99 & 08

Unread 04-06-2017, 12:13 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

Unread 04-06-2017, 12:20 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
Depends on your definition of modern but it's hardly a new thing. Look what happened to LVG's Ajax side over 20 years ago.
Constant escalation though. At least LVG got a couple of years out of that group before they were cropped.

No doubt the Real fans are ecstatic and so would we be in their shoes. However with the outside perspective it is hardly an achievement to stir the neutral, they should be winning it with the players they have.

Suppose it is the long term effect of the original Galactico team, may not have won as much as they hoped at that time but it confirmed Madrid as the place for superstars to go. European football would be so much more interesting with the talent spread and the Likes of AC Milan, Inter, Roma, Ajax, Porto, Benfica, Dortmund providing more that just the plucky underdog role. PL teams as well of course.

Unread 04-06-2017, 12:56 AM
20 times

Rafa must be crying into his cheesecake. The fat £#%&!ing bastard

Unread 04-06-2017, 01:04 AM
Why Don?

What a downer.

Their fans don't deserve this but neither would most of ours I suppose.

Unread 04-06-2017, 03:08 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stannage
Juventus wearing 3 gold stars?
I think Italian teams give themselves 1 gold star for every 10 league championships and a silver one for every 5.

Unread 04-06-2017, 04:49 AM
browser

As much as I'd have enjoyed a Juve win, it's nice to see Zidane remain a cut above even when he goes into management. He must shot golf nuggets that lad. Some career

Unread 04-06-2017, 10:15 AM
andyroo

whataguy

Unread 04-06-2017, 10:21 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
As much as I'd have enjoyed a Juve win, it's nice to see Zidane remain a cut above even when he goes into management. He must shot golf nuggets that lad. Some career

Wouldn't mind a go on Mme Zizou either

Unread 04-06-2017, 10:28 AM
Sandman

Only 9 European cups behind them

Unread 04-06-2017, 10:39 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Only 9 European cups behind them

Pisses me off that the one time we got ourselves in a position to truly dominate and maybe rack a few up, finally, we get hamstrung by the finances of the club, raided by Madrid and come up against a Barca side being one of the best of all time.

Even in '99 we didn't press home our position, slumped on re-inforcing the side/squad and bottomed out

Unread 04-06-2017, 04:24 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Pisses me off that the one time we got ourselves in a position to truly dominate and maybe rack a few up, finally, we get hamstrung by the finances of the club, raided by Madrid and come up against a Barca side being one of the best of all time.

Even in '99 we didn't press home our position, slumped on re-inforcing the side/squad and bottomed out
Thats the really maddening thing, in another era we would very likely have picked up a few more and caught Liverpool. And that's even before getting to the blood bags
Closed Thread