United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-05-2017, 11:00 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Never been a huge Pirlo man mysekf.

Totti though, what a man. Possibly the greatest Italian player ever.

Del Piero, Buffon,Cannavaro, Maldini, Nesta, Baresi, Baggio might have something to say about that....

Unread 28-05-2017, 11:01 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Del Piero, Buffon,Cannavaro, Maldini, Nesta, Baresi, Baggio might have something to say about that....
It would probably be "yeah he is tbf"

Unread 28-05-2017, 11:02 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Baggio certainly a great. Though for all his excellence a bit of a nearly man when it came to winning things.

Both league titles he won as a bit-part player. From his mid-20s on he had more success at smaller clubs.

For the record, Totti is as naturally talented as anyone Italy have produced. Nqat.
Yeah I don't tend to judge how good a player is by trophy count, that seems to be a recent trend where most of the best players end up at a handful of clubs.

Like I said, I'm of the opinion that Baggio was levels above Totti. One of the players in the group behind the few GOATS. Totti isn't in that group for me.

Unread 28-05-2017, 11:20 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaAndCoke
Yeah I don't tend to judge how good a player is by trophy count, that seems to be a recent trend where most of the best players end up at a handful of clubs.

Like I said, I'm of the opinion that Baggio was levels above Totti. One of the players in the group behind the few GOATS. Totti isn't in that group for me.
Baggio was phenomenal. But so has Totti been. It's worth repeating, 250 Serie A goals. Despite never playing for the favourites

But even the goals don't tell the story. In terms of talent, he was absurd. Easily one of the most talented in history.

Unread 28-05-2017, 11:32 PM
andyroo

Missed a trick not subbing him off after ten minutes.

Unread 29-05-2017, 03:48 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Baggio was phenomenal. But so has Totti been. It's worth repeating, 250 Serie A goals. Despite never playing for the favourites

But even the goals don't tell the story. In terms of talent, he was absurd. Easily one of the most talented in history.
Tbf Roma were on hell of a team circa 2000 after Splurging on Batistuta etc.

Totti is certainly not the greatest Italian football of all time for me, I had relatively little fear of him when we played against them, for one.

Unread 29-05-2017, 05:55 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Not to mention Rivera who was better than all of them.

Unread 29-05-2017, 06:51 AM
believe

Gooooolllsagioooos

Unread 29-05-2017, 07:38 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Tbf Roma were on hell of a team circa 2000 after Splurging on Batistuta etc.

Totti is certainly not the greatest Italian football of all time for me, I had relatively little fear of him when we played against them, for one.
He was very dangerous in the away leg in 2007. I remember being at the game (don't tell Whip ) and feeling everything they did was going through him. They looked a decent side then, but collapsed second leg. Of course Baggio was playing for Inter when we beat them in '99, which is easy to forget. That can't be a major part of the judgement. He did Real Madrid some damage in his time.

Anyway, I didn't say he categorically is the greatest. That's always a futile argument really with no right or wrong answer. Just that the argument can be made, which it has been in Italy. A good starting point is him scoring 250 Serie A goals mainly from the no10 position.

Unread 29-05-2017, 07:39 AM
Part 36 Offer

Totteh

Unread 29-05-2017, 07:45 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Totteh

Nice bit of Totteh in there...

Unread 29-05-2017, 08:43 AM
Throw

Quote:
Del Piero, Boban,Cannavaro, Maldini, Nesta, Baresi, Baggio might have something to say about that....
Agree

Unread 29-05-2017, 08:55 AM
waynes ear's

Del Piero shits all over this £#%&!ing helmet

Unread 29-05-2017, 09:09 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Del Piero shits all over this £#%&!ing helmet
True. Classic Ears phrasing.

Unread 29-05-2017, 09:16 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw
Agree

I seen what you did

Best human ever tbf

Unread 07-06-2017, 08:08 AM
waynes ear's

offered a trial by Pescara

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...s-zdenek-zeman

Quote:
“I spoke with him last week and he still wants to play, but it all depends on the conditions.

“I believe he still wants a competitive challenge, and to that end I’m always happy to give him a trial.”

Unread 07-06-2017, 10:09 AM
Baron

Cheeky @#%&!s

Unread 07-06-2017, 10:21 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Cheeky @#%&!s
by one of his former managers too
Closed Thread