United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-09-2009, 12:11 PM
believe

Default Re: Football - Best Feeling Ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
In no order:

First date with my girlfriend (sounds soppy as shit but I knew the moment I met her that I'd spend the rest of my life with her)

Seeing my brother come out of hospital - he was found unconscious in his house and they believed he'd been like that for 2 days. The doctors were pretty certain that he wouldn't make it and were starting to talk about switching the life support machines off. After 6 months he came out. I'm not ashamed to say I cried.

The birth of my son - it was a complicated labour (all 37 hours of it!). When he eventually came out I cried (I'm a soppy @#%&!).

My mums wedding - my dad treated her like shit the whole time they were married. They divorced when I was young and my mum devoted her whole life to raising us and didn't date anyone for 15 years. She sacrificed a lot for us and to see her finally happy and settled was amazing.

Proposing to my girlfriend - Cheesy as £#%&! near the eiffel tower but it meant a lot to us as it was where I first took her when we got together. I've a friend who lives in Paris so I got him to find me some local violinists who played our song as I got down on one knee I also had a photographer hiding taking pictures so it's a memory I'll be able to treasure forever.
you're family are going to be devastated when you eventually come out

Unread 22-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
In no order:

First date with my girlfriend (sounds soppy as shit but I knew the moment I met her that I'd spend the rest of my life with her)

Seeing my brother come out of hospital - he was found unconscious in his house and they believed he'd been like that for 2 days. The doctors were pretty certain that he wouldn't make it and were starting to talk about switching the life support machines off. After 6 months he came out. I'm not ashamed to say I cried.

The birth of my son - it was a complicated labour (all 37 hours of it!). When he eventually came out I cried (I'm a soppy @#%&!).

My mums wedding - my dad treated her like shit the whole time they were married. They divorced when I was young and my mum devoted her whole life to raising us and didn't date anyone for 15 years. She sacrificed a lot for us and to see her finally happy and settled was amazing.

Proposing to my girlfriend - Cheesy as £#%&! near the eiffel tower but it meant a lot to us as it was where I first took her when we got together. I've a friend who lives in Paris so I got him to find me some local violinists who played our song as I got down on one knee I also had a photographer hiding taking pictures so it's a memory I'll be able to treasure forever.
fair play to you for that post. neither married or a dad yet myself.

Unread 22-09-2009, 12:13 PM
J_RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
In no order:

never really understood this , what If she doesn't feel the same and how could you ever be sure, do you live in a film ?

Unread 22-09-2009, 12:16 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_RED
never really understood this , what If she doesn't feel the same and how could you ever be sure, do you live in a film ?
I guess you never know. But if you don't put yourself out there and give someone everything you've got, you'll never get someone to do the same.

Unread 22-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
i've just puked.

Unread 22-09-2009, 12:21 PM
J_RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I guess you never know. But if you don't put yourself out there and give someone everything you've got, you'll never get someone to do the same.
Beautiful, man. Beautiful

Unread 22-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Lok

Quote:
Beautiful, man. Beautiful
I'm like a modern day Shakespeare

Unread 22-09-2009, 12:34 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Brockman
Anyone who says that football is better than sex is obviously doing it wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
I was on the floor crying.

Unread 22-09-2009, 12:43 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
When you two get divorced, you're going to crumble and die inside.

Unread 22-09-2009, 12:44 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
...if you don't put yourself out there and give someone everything you've got, you'll never get someone to do the same.
so true. never expect or demand it in return. unconditionally love your woman like you do Utd and what you get in return will be the same

nice other post, too, Lok.

Although I would say there is nothing in the world like a true Utd moment (Ole, Macheda, Cougar's free kick - a personal favourite - and Sunday). That millisecond of joy is the ultimate high, something that I have never experienced outside of football...what else makes you jump out of your seat and run around like a mad, ecstatic child.

Unread 22-09-2009, 12:49 PM
Sparky***

For spontaneous, unexpected rush of adrenaline and excitement - I think probably only winning the lottery would come close to moments like sunday.

You can try and compare it to sex, but that's a different kind of excitement and enjoyment altogether. Same goes for when your kids are born, marriage etc etc. Totally different kind of buzz. It lasts longer and is less intense. I don't remember the last time i broke down in tears because I scored a last minute £#%&! just before the club was closing.

Unread 22-09-2009, 12:55 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
For spontaneous, unexpected rush of adrenaline and excitement - I think probably only winning the lottery would come close to moments like sunday.

You can try and compare it to sex, but that's a different kind of excitement and enjoyment altogether. Same goes for when your kids are born, marriage etc etc. Totally different kind of buzz. It lasts longer and is less intense. I don't remember the last time i broke down in tears because I scored a last minute £#%&! just before the club was closing.
To be fair, you can't remember the last time you scored a last minute £#%&!

I understand what you're saying though. United is an instant buzz because of the spontaneity of the game. If people were being honest they wouldn't look back and say that Sunday was one of the best days of their lives. But all of us know that the feeling we got when that midget poked the ball home is (if only for a couple of seconds) something that normal life doesn't match.

Unread 22-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
To be fair, you can't remember the last time you scored a last minute £#%&!

I understand what you're saying though. United is an instant buzz because of the spontaneity of the game. If people were being honest they wouldn't look back and say that Sunday was one of the best days of their lives. But all of us know that the feeling we got when that midget poked the ball home is (if only for a couple of seconds) something that normal life doesn't match.
Yeah, i usually wrap the game up before half time.

Unread 22-09-2009, 01:01 PM
no fun

here you go

1. birth of first son

2. brighton bomb

3. ole 99

4. roddy antic 1983

Unread 22-09-2009, 01:04 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
here you go

1. birth of first son

2. brighton bomb

3. ole 99

4. roddy antic 1983

Unread 22-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yeah, i usually wrap the game up before half time.

Unread 22-09-2009, 01:09 PM
J_RED

I can understand people putting birth of child etc , but its not really comparable is it ? I mean its not like you are sitting with your Wife / GF having a routine day and looking like nothing spectacular is going to happen and then POW ! a kid flies out from nowhere is it ? you have quite a few months to get your head around the idea , you know whats coming you know its going to happen you even get a fair idea of when and how. I dare say holding him/her in your arms for the first time or when they wrap their tiny hand around your Finger must be pretty special. But better than That goal in that Final on that night, not for me NQAT!

Unread 22-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Lok

Quote:
I can understand people putting birth of child etc , but its not really comparable is it ? I mean its not like you are sitting with your Wife / GF having a routine day and looking like nothing spectacular is going to happen and then POW ! a kid flies out from nowhere is it ? you have quite a few months to get your head around the idea , you know whats coming you know its going to happen you even get a fair idea of when and how. I dare say holding him/her in your arms for the first time or when they wrap their tiny hand around your Finger must be pretty special. But better than That goal in that Final on that night, not for me NQAT!
You don't have kids do you? Maybe it seemed better to me because there were complications and it was a massive relief when he came out ok.

As already said, it's just a totally different type of buzz.

Unread 22-09-2009, 01:34 PM
J_RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
You don't have kids do you? Maybe it seemed better to me because there were complications and it was a massive relief when he came out ok.

As already said, it's just a totally different type of buzz.
No no Kids how did you guess it's the massive relief bit I can't really understand ( although not in the context of your post obviously) it just seems a bit pessamistic for the best moment of your life to be when something didn't happen like someone has mentioned John Terry missing that Penalty , IMO it wasn't nearly as good a feeling as Ole scoring not even close!

Unread 22-09-2009, 01:39 PM
dodger

Quote:
Not really, you have no idea until it pops out. Possibly different for women but that's definitely the feeling for most blokes.
Closed Thread