United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-09-2009, 11:34 AM
Smeggs

Default Football - Best Feeling Ever?

i'm pretty sure the scoring a goal is better than sex thing has been around for years but how do you rank the best moments in your life agianst the ones you have got through United?? Do events in 'real' life surpass it easily or is it a close call?

For sheer rush of the moment I haven't experienced anything like it. I'm talking Barca and Moscow here, one i was at and one i wasn't, last minute winners, league winning matches....

i can't even begin to comprehend a life without United in it.

Unread 22-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Lok

Default Re: Football - Best Feeling Ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
i'm pretty sure the scoring a goal is better than sex thing has been around for years but how do you rank the best moments in your life agianst the ones you have got through United?? Do events in 'real' life surpass it easily or is it a close call?

For sheer rush of the moment I haven't experienced anything like it. I'm talking Barca and Moscow here, one i was at and one i wasn't, last minute winners, league winning matches....

i can't even begin to comprehend a life without United in it.
Whilst the 'high' of united is incredible, nothing united related would get into my top 5 moments.

Unread 22-09-2009, 11:42 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Whilst the 'high' of united is incredible, nothing united related would get into my top 5 moments.
I think 3 or 4 of my top 5 moments are football related tbh.

Unread 22-09-2009, 11:45 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
I think 3 or 4 of my top 5 moments are football related tbh.
Really? Up until the age of 18 I'd probably agree.

Maybe it's just because I'm lucky enough to have experienced some incredible things.

Unread 22-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Sparky***

Speaking as someone who is neither a father or married, I'd say about 3 out of my top 5 life moments are United related.

Moscow, Barcelona and fa cup semi final in 1999 probably.

Sunday is number 6 I think.

Unread 22-09-2009, 11:57 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
What are your top five moments, if you don't mind sharing?

I could put getting married in, but I can't say I was particularly blown away by the actual day itself.

Birth of my son is in there as a given.

As for other moments of pure, unadulterated 'wow'.....mostly football really.

it's an interesting one - for fast emotional highs and outpouring of emotion, its hard to beat.

Birth of the kids was far from fast, but very emotional, wedding was great fun but different in it's appeal

I would have thought Sunday has to be up there in my lifetime with

- first premiership win
- CL 99
- CL 07 (the main outpouring came with terrys miss, i thought we were gone)
- FA cup V Vermin 99
- Juve Semi semis 99

what have i obviously missed?

red @rmy

No drug can give you the same buzz like that 4th goal going in on Sunday.

Ole's goal 99 still makes me buzz every time I see it.

thatsfuctit

thanks Sparky - that was a good one too

Unread 22-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Kent Brockman

Anyone who says that football is better than sex is obviously doing it wrong.

Unread 22-09-2009, 12:00 PM
J_RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy

Hard to beat or replicate in any way, the feeling when that ball went in , the glance at the linesman, the shock, the realisation as split seconds go that was up there

Unread 22-09-2009, 12:01 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_RED
Hard to beat or replicate in any way, the feeling when that ball went in , the glance at the linesman, the shock, the realisation as split seconds go that was up there
I was on the floor crying.

Unread 22-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Brockman
Anyone who says that football is better than sex is obviously doing it wrong.
think it was lineker (aboust scoring) he was with michelle and not his current bird when he said that though.

Unread 22-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Lok

Quote:
What are your top five moments, if you don't mind sharing?
In no order:

First date with my girlfriend (sounds soppy as shit but I knew the moment I met her that I'd spend the rest of my life with her)

Seeing my brother come out of hospital - he was found unconscious in his house and they believed he'd been like that for 2 days. The doctors were pretty certain that he wouldn't make it and were starting to talk about switching the life support machines off. After 6 months he came out. I'm not ashamed to say I cried.

The birth of my son - it was a complicated labour (all 37 hours of it!). When he eventually came out I cried (I'm a soppy @#%&!).

My mums wedding - my dad treated her like shit the whole time they were married. They divorced when I was young and my mum devoted her whole life to raising us and didn't date anyone for 15 years. She sacrificed a lot for us and to see her finally happy and settled was amazing.

Proposing to my girlfriend - Cheesy as £#%&! near the eiffel tower but it meant a lot to us as it was where I first took her when we got together. I've a friend who lives in Paris so I got him to find me some local violinists who played our song as I got down on one knee I also had a photographer hiding taking pictures so it's a memory I'll be able to treasure forever.

Unread 22-09-2009, 12:05 PM
antonin jablonsky

I've just puked.

Unread 22-09-2009, 12:06 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Thumbs up Re: Football - Best Feeling Ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
In no order:

First date with my girlfriend (sounds soppy as shit but I knew the moment I met her that I'd spend the rest of my life with her)

Seeing my brother come out of hospital - he was found unconscious in his house and they believed he'd been like that for 2 days. The doctors were pretty certain that he wouldn't make it and were starting to talk about switching the life support machines off. After 6 months he came out. I'm not ashamed to say I cried.

The birth of my son - it was a complicated labour (all 37 hours of it!). When he eventually came out I cried (I'm a soppy @#%&!).

My mums wedding - my dad treated her like shit the whole time they were married. They divorced when I was young and my mum devoted her whole life to raising us and didn't date anyone for 15 years. She sacrificed a lot for us and to see her finally happy and settled was amazing.

Proposing to my girlfriend - Cheesy as £#%&! near the eiffel tower but it meant a lot to us as it was where I first took her when we got together. I've a friend who lives in Paris so I got him to find me some local violinists who played our song as I got down on one knee I also had a photographer hiding taking pictures so it's a memory I'll be able to treasure forever.
Before you get ripped I'd like to say that was a top post

Unread 22-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I've just puked.

Unread 22-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Kent Brockman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I also had a photographer hiding taking pictures so it's a memory I'll be able to treasure forever.

Post the photos so we can share your joy.

Unread 22-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy

Surely the buzz of Sunday whilst high as a kite will be a bit better..?

Unread 22-09-2009, 12:08 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Brockman
Post the photos so we can share your joy.
Or £#%&! over my girlfriend

United moments would make my top 10 but it's a different sort of buzz. It's an instant high but it doesn't last as long.

Unread 22-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Surfers do Charlie

There's only really the final scene of The Railway Children that gets close for me.
Closed Thread