United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-09-2009, 08:25 AM
koppas

Default This whole "timekeeping" really is silly

Manchester City got an extra two minutes to try and score against us. They should be pleased, surely?

Unread 21-09-2009, 08:38 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Default Re: This whole "timekeeping" really is silly

Correct. Hughes the #@&%!: they got the time...
They? Idiot

Unread 21-09-2009, 08:42 AM
koppas

I know. There was me thinking there was two teams on the pitch instead of just one.

Unread 21-09-2009, 08:43 AM
Terry Silver

Spot on.

All we heard before the game was that city were coming for the win.

In fairness, when Rooney's late freekick was headed clear I was shitting it that Tevez was going to take it down and punt it clear for Bellamy to run on to... thankfully he just gave it straight back to Rooney...

Unread 21-09-2009, 08:51 AM
koppas

He should've been happy with the 4-3 defeat. Fergie was spot on. It should/could have been 6-0/7-0 although I'll give them one goal because Bellamy's goal was a beauty.

Unread 21-09-2009, 08:58 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
I know. There was me thinking there was two teams on the pitch instead of just one.
agreed.

if they'd have scored it wouldn't have been an issue, obviously. it's perspective -they were hanging on for dear life and we scored. they had the opportunity to turn it around and win it, but they didn't. united didn't know they had that long to play, it was an open game. £#%&!wits.

Unread 21-09-2009, 09:01 AM
wiganste

It makes it sweeter that we won it deep into injury time. I love it when everyone carries on, like it's only United that benefit from stoppage time goals

Unread 21-09-2009, 09:04 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
It makes it sweeter that we won it deep into injury time. I love it when everyone carries on, like it's only United that benefit from stoppage time goals
Yup.

Overheard some bloke in the office just say: "See United scored in the sixth minute? £#%&!ing typical. It's how they always win games..."

Me: "So when did United last score an injury time winner then?"

@#%&!: "Er, well everyone knows they do it..."

Me: "Great argument".

Unread 21-09-2009, 09:14 AM
Zorg

No no no, lads, you don't understand. Injury time is only for the benefit of Manchester United, no other team ever has any. The same applies to penalties - no other team ever has a slightly iffy one given in their favour.

Unread 21-09-2009, 09:17 AM
forzagarza

96 was not enough imo

Unread 21-09-2009, 09:25 AM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
He should've been happy with the 4-3 defeat. Fergie was spot on. It should/could have been 6-0/7-0 although I'll give them one goal because Bellamy's goal was a beauty.
It was a cracking strike but god awful defending. O'Shea needs to be taken back to defending school.

Unread 21-09-2009, 09:50 AM
koppas

O'Shea gets a raw deal imo.

Unread 21-09-2009, 09:57 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
It was a cracking strike but god awful defending. O'Shea needs to be taken back to defending school.
Stupid back heel to lose possession by Rooney then Park ran the wrong way leaving O'Shea alone. All of their goals were very very avoidable.

Unread 21-09-2009, 10:58 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
agreed.

if they'd have scored it wouldn't have been an issue, obviously. it's perspective -they were hanging on for dear life and we scored. they had the opportunity to turn it around and win it, but they didn't. united didn't know they had that long to play, it was an open game. £#%&!wits.
..that's the whole 'affair' in a nutshell.
Didn't Liverpool score at Craven Cottage last season in added on added time?

It makes me laugh the way we have been getting late goals like this for years & it's never an impressive charector trait of ours..it's never down to the hunger & belief of the players..it's never down to the sheer will of the Fans ...it's always down to a 'dodgy Ref' Every single time.

We're the only Club in the Country who's every goal, victory & trophy is dissected, questioned & 'tainted' by the masses.

I wouldn't want it any other way to be honest.
Our victories emotionally wreck so many people!

Unread 21-09-2009, 10:59 AM
Flix

Hughes claimed after the game that City "deserved at least a point if not all 3", which would imply he thought the were as good, if not better than us. So surely in added time they had as much chance of scoring, if not more.

Unread 21-09-2009, 12:52 PM
captain scarlet

Agree with all of this and have had a great time since yesterday driving the point home in arguments and watching frustrated spanners struggling for a come-back.

Don't think I have enjoyed post match banter ever as much.

Unread 21-09-2009, 01:28 PM
antonin jablonsky

Hughes is demanding an explanation of the added time. Someone should send him a tape of MOTD II yesterday, they managed to sum it up in about 20 seconds and show that the ref may have added 1 second too long.

Unread 21-09-2009, 01:31 PM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Hughes is demanding an explanation of the added time. Someone should send him a tape of MOTD II yesterday, they managed to sum it up in about 20 seconds and show that the ref may have added 1 second too long.
Yup.

Unread 21-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Zorg

The worst thing is this way of saying 'they' got the time to score. They?

Hughes said 'unfortunately United were given a little bit more time than they should have'.

Even the interviewer afterwards said to him 'do they get that too often Mark? Do they get favours in added time?'

I am just stunned at the level of unbridled stupidity in this country, I really am. Otherwise intelligent people not grasping the most basic of blindingly self-evident concepts. 'Favours in added time?', what the £#%&!? So 1) only United are allowed possession in added time and 2) the city players all conspired to let Owen score.

I mean, what was to stop city nicking the ball from the kick-off after Bellamy's goal and scoring a 4th? United were really down, city were elated - they could have gone for it and I wouldn't have fancied Rio or Foster in those circumstances.

Unread 21-09-2009, 02:01 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
The worst thing is this way of saying 'they' got the time to score. They?

Hughes said 'unfortunately United were given a little bit more time than they should have'.

Even the interviewer afterwards said to him 'do they get that too often Mark? Do they get favours in added time?'

I am just stunned at the level of unbridled stupidity in this country, I really am. Otherwise intelligent people not grasping the most basic of blindingly self-evident concepts. 'Favours in added time?', what the £#%&!? So 1) only United are allowed possession in added time and 2) the city players all conspired to let Owen score.

I mean, what was to stop city nicking the ball from the kick-off after Bellamy's goal and scoring a 4th? United were really down, city were elated - they could have gone for it and I wouldn't have fancied Rio or Foster in those circumstances.
Spot on.
Closed Thread