United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-09-2009, 04:25 PM
Harri Jaffa

Default Ryan Giggs is the the best player ever to play for Manchester United

Better than Best, Ronaldo, Keane imho.

Unfortunatly never had the pleasure to see Edwards, but I truly cannot believe that he was better.

LEGEND

Unread 20-09-2009, 04:26 PM
waynes ear's

Default Re: Ryan Giggs is the the best player ever to play for Manchester United

i have to hold my hands up and say, Ryan Giggs infuriates the £#%&! out of me sometimes, but today he was £#%&!ing untouchable

Unread 20-09-2009, 04:26 PM
dunk

Default Re: Ryan Giggs is the the best player ever to play for Manchester United

I'd be tempted to agree. Truly the whole package.

19 seasons. Incredible.

Unread 20-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Better than Best, Ronaldo, Keane imho.

Unfortunatly never had the pleasure to see Edwards, but I truly cannot believe that he was better.

LEGEND
dont be stupid

Unread 20-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
dont be stupid
Who is better?

Who has given more pleasure, joy and trophies?

Nobody

[SIZE="1"]Maybe I am a little giddy after the game

Unread 20-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Tronics

Awesome player.

took that 2nd half by the scruff of the neck.

put in some awesom balls throughout and played that left wing position like it was '99

what seperates him and players like Ronaldo is their character.

Unread 20-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Camel

Quote:
dont be stupid
i don't think it's stupid in the slightest. contestable, yes.

Unread 20-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Who is better?

Who has given more pleasure, joy and trophies?

Nobody

[SIZE="1"]Maybe I am a little giddy after the game
he is absolute fantastic but best was better and in his short time so was ronaldo

Unread 20-09-2009, 04:35 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Outstanding today. He seems to get quicker as he gets older.
Legend.

Unread 20-09-2009, 04:38 PM
dunk

SWP must be having £#%&!ing nightmare flashbacks to Giggs sitting him on his arse about 4 times.

He turned that City right hand side to blacmange in that 2nd half, just incredible.

As for being the best ever, in terms of ability, longevity, achievements and loyalty, only Sir Bobby Charlton comes close to being as complete a servant as Ryan Giggs. IMO.

Unread 20-09-2009, 04:38 PM
taff

given the length of time that giggs has been with united, it stands to reason that he'll have peaks and troughs. the peaks are some peaks though.

Unread 20-09-2009, 04:57 PM
El Chalten

made Micah Richards look like a @#%&!.

nft.

Unread 20-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chalten
made Micah Richards look like a @#%&!.

nft.
Pre match I thought he would struggle if played wide left against the pace of Richards and Wright-Philips, and at half time there were signs of that happening. Second half he destroyed that side of their team, astonishing performance.

Unread 20-09-2009, 05:05 PM
Ethers

Quote:
he is absolute fantastic but best was better and in his short time so was ronaldo
Plonker.

Unread 20-09-2009, 05:09 PM
Gog Coch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I'd be tempted to agree. Truly the whole package.

19 seasons. Incredible.
Yup, thats what clinches it by a mile. Unbelievable and I saw Duncan Edwards.

Unread 20-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Plonker.
in termns of footballing skill and quality you think giggs is a better player than george best?

grow up

he's right up there but he isn't the best player ever to play for us

Unread 20-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Jez Quigley

I think he is up there for sure.

It depends on your criteria - but i love him to bits and would be in any all time Utd team for sure.

Unread 20-09-2009, 05:27 PM
ralph

He's a legend, thats all the matters and a great player too.

Unread 20-09-2009, 05:29 PM
thatsfuctit

to maintain such high standards for so £#%&!ing long is amazing, to accrue so many medals is amazing, Georgie was before my time, so i can't really judge, just know the regard in which he was held.

how do you measure it as "united's best?'

-> Talent?
-> Dedication?
-> Appearances?
-> Longevity?
-> Use of said talent?
-> Proffesionalism.

Unread 20-09-2009, 05:35 PM
rebelcountyred

he's a united great, not as good as best but who was, if there was an alltime united X1 he'd be in the team, no doubt about that.
Closed Thread