United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-05-2013, 12:03 PM
saffers

Default Nanners going nowhere?

Meanwhile, Ferguson has insisted he has no plans to offload any of his star men this summer.

Ferguson has already confirmed he has a few ideas in mind for the summer, even though executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward claimed on Thursday there was no need for 'major retooling' of the Red Devils squad.

There are some players who appear surplus to requirements though, including midfielder Anderson and wide-man Nani, both of whom have failed to match expectations since their arrivals in 2007.

Nani has made more of an impact but his contract is due to expire next year and so far, the respective parties are poles apart in their valuations. However, Ferguson insists no one is going anywhere.

'We have no plans to sell anyone,' said Ferguson. 'That's a fact. There is no need for us to sell anyone. Nani played last week at Arsenal and he did well.

'When he is in form there are very few better than him. So I think we will bring him back in pre-season training and he will be all right.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...p-surgery.html

Would make sense to buy just 2 if Nani and Wazzer go nowhere. With Zaha already in and nani staying we could probably just focus on central midfield.

Unread 04-05-2013, 12:05 PM
bobbledinho

Read somewhere Nani hasn't signed a new contract yet so may depend on the outcome of those negotiations. Fergy doesn't tell the truth anyway. Loves a wum.

Unread 04-05-2013, 12:07 PM
magic_cantona

Yeah, keep Nani - then don't play him. He's been available and just not getting picked, so why does he want to hang on so bad?

Think Ferie will sell. (And I like Nani)

Unread 04-05-2013, 12:33 PM
believe

this almost certainly means the end for Nani and Rooney.

Unread 04-05-2013, 12:34 PM
aardvark

just trying to increase his price by saying we want to keep him.

Unread 04-05-2013, 12:35 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
this almost certainly means the end for Nani and Rooney.

Unread 04-05-2013, 12:39 PM
RuffyPup

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Meanwhile, Ferguson has insisted he has no plans to offload any of his star men this summer.

Ferguson has already confirmed he has a few ideas in mind for the summer, even though executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward claimed on Thursday there was no need for 'major retooling' of the Red Devils squad.

There are some players who appear surplus to requirements though, including midfielder Anderson and wide-man Nani, both of whom have failed to match expectations since their arrivals in 2007.

Nani has made more of an impact but his contract is due to expire next year and so far, the respective parties are poles apart in their valuations. However, Ferguson insists no one is going anywhere.

'We have no plans to sell anyone,' said Ferguson. 'That's a fact. There is no need for us to sell anyone. Nani played last week at Arsenal and he did well.

'When he is in form there are very few better than him. So I think we will bring him back in pre-season training and he will be all right.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...p-surgery.html

Would make sense to buy just 2 if Nani and Wazzer go nowhere. With Zaha already in and nani staying we could probably just focus on central midfield.

Unread 04-05-2013, 12:41 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark
just trying to increase his price by saying we want to keep him.
Yup.

Unread 04-05-2013, 12:47 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Nanners going nowhere?
no change there then

Unread 04-05-2013, 12:51 PM
saffers

http://vimeo.com/47789849

Unread 04-05-2013, 12:51 PM
MJ Ramone

Why does he come out with stuff like that? ..why not just keep his counsel?
Of course there will be outgoings.
It would be ridiculous to give Ando yet another chance for a start (& I've been one of the final few to believe there's a decent player in there somewhere) ..Nani will surely be moved on - he's made it pretty clear that Young & Valencia are his first choice.
Hernandez would be a huge loss but at some point the lad is gonna get pissed off with being on the bench every week.

Decisions need to be made regarding Fletcher & Scholes too.

Unread 04-05-2013, 02:14 PM
Tiberian

The sad part about Nani probably going is that when he had a run in the team in his best position his form over an 18 month period was as good as any wide player in Europe. In the future when we talk about his time at Utd and debate if he was a success or failure that spell can not be ignored.

He has been marginalized in favour of Valencia, a workhorse, good player with a limited attacking skillset, defensively strong and easy for his teammates to play with but Nani is as talented as anyone at Utd and his attacking production has always been better than he is given credit for. Last season he matched the combined goal/assist ratio of Valencia despite the widespread belief that he had a poor season.

I was really looking forward to seeing how he would link up with Kagawa and Van Persie this season, 3 of the best technical players in the league.

Unread 04-05-2013, 02:40 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Why does he come out with stuff like that? ..why not just keep his counsel?
Of course there will be outgoings.
It would be ridiculous to give Ando yet another chance for a start (& I've been one of the final few to believe there's a decent player in there somewhere) ..Nani will surely be moved on - he's made it pretty clear that Young & Valencia are his first choice.
Hernandez would be a huge loss but at some point the lad is gonna get pissed off with being on the bench every week.

Decisions need to be made regarding Fletcher & Scholes too.
both should retire.. fletcher has been out the best part of 2 seasons, scholes should have stayed retired.. if froggson does'nt sign a midfielder or two and says having scholes and fletcher back are like new signings, then the £#%&!er needs to be taken away by the men in white coats..

Unread 04-05-2013, 03:02 PM
Neo

Anderson still being here in August will be inexcusable.

If he's still here then Ferguson should have his knighthood taken back and his statue should be torn down.

Unread 04-05-2013, 04:45 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Anderson still being here in August will be inexcusable.

If he's still here then Ferguson should have his knighthood taken back and his statue should be torn down.
That's keeping it in perspective, pol. And I loathe the fat fraud

Unread 04-05-2013, 05:00 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
That's keeping it in perspective, pol. And I loathe the fat fraud
Same here - how many chances does Lard Almighty need? The @#%&! cant even be arsed to get in shape. He £#%&!ing wobbles ffs

And he's got an arse the Kim Kardashian would be proud of.

Awful bastard. A few quality games, followed by lots of £#%&!, shameful shows.

Unread 16-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Jethro

Offered a contract extension according to the usual social media outlets.

Unread 16-07-2013, 11:55 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Makes sense for all parties

I don't think anyone came in that Nani really wanted to leave Utd for and hopefully Moyes puts the same faith in Nani that Fergie had in Valencia

Unread 16-07-2013, 11:57 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Sure I read we offered him a new deal last week. Spurs have shown interest but offered him half the wages we did.

Unread 16-07-2013, 11:58 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Best business of the summer if true

Now, play the @#%&! Moyes you bastard.
Closed Thread