United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Baron

Football Big Nanners

9 league goals + 1 in Europe
13 league assists (top of the pile)

8 of his 10 goals have been with his weaker foot.

Ronaldo aside (because he is £#%&!ing ridiculous) - our other wingers have contributed (in their best league seasons):

Beckham: 11
Giggs: 13
Kanchelskis: 14

Back in August I said he'd be a player of the year candidate if he carried on the form he had at the start of 2010 - he's already got more goals & assists than the whole of last term & far more key contributions than Nasri, Bale, Malouda etc...

Good article from David Pleat on his contribution Saturday (during the match thread I was banging on about how it was him vs the whole City defence on his tod).

I wonder if he'll get recognition from the football writers or PFA come April.

He certainly deserves it.

Unread 14-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Big Norm

Default Re: Big Nanners

If he improves his choice of final ball/decision he will be a world beater.

Unread 14-02-2011, 04:16 PM
Harri Jaffa

He's no Ronaldo

Unread 14-02-2011, 04:22 PM
toseeunited

Thumbs up Re: Big Nanners

As long as SAF doesn't £#%&! him off to the left wing as soon as Tony comes back he'll continue to grow into one of the best wingers in Europe.

I'm sick of the @#%&!s at OT who moan about him week-in week-out, despite the fact that without him going forwards we would be nowhere near the threat.

His 3 touches for his goal on Saturday were first class.

Unread 14-02-2011, 04:25 PM
dunk

I remember my dad saying of Ronaldo in about 2005, as yet another wayward shot flew into the stands rather than using a better option, 'don't worry, eventually, he will make the right decision, or they will fly in.' I think the same will eventually be true of Nani, and he's not doing half bad as he is.

His ability to beat a man from a standing start is spellbinding. The number of times I have seen him fronted by a defender or two, seemingly stifled, only to throw a jink, a feint and a touch of acceleration to find the space he was after, usually leaving the defender flumoxed, is amazing. I think he did Zabaleta 6,7, 8 times, left Kompany clueless and on his arse too.

Love Nanners. Wish we had another one.

Unread 14-02-2011, 04:28 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
As long as SAF doesn't £#%&! him off to the left wing as soon as Tony comes back he'll continue to grow into one of the best wingers in Europe.
I do wonder what will happen when Valencia is back & firing....

Unread 14-02-2011, 04:28 PM
Ginners

has developed into a world class player tbh, shame he hates manchester

Unread 14-02-2011, 04:40 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Commented in the match day thread that in the first half he was unplayable. Improved drastically since Ronaldo left and stepped up to the plate following Valencia's injury.

Fergie surely can't move him back over to the left, give Valencia a chance center midfield as he's had various international games there and done well.

Unread 14-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
If he improves his choice of final ball/decision he will be a world beater.
At Real Madrid.

Unread 14-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Coracao

If Valencia returns with no problems, Nani will have to go out to the left.

Team > Individual.

Unread 14-02-2011, 04:43 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
At Real Madrid.
Indeed
As soon as he takes the 'next step' in his development he'll be whining about his "dreams" nqat

Unread 14-02-2011, 04:46 PM
ScarFace

Too £#%&!ing greedy. The amount of times he shoots when a pass would of probably resulted in a goal, out weighs the times he does score.

Better than he used to be though.

Unread 14-02-2011, 04:49 PM
toseeunited

Exclamation Re: Big Nanners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
If Valencia returns with no problems, Nani will have to go out to the left.

Team > Individual.
That's the point though, for the good of the team he has to be played on the right where he has proved he helps the team with goals and assists

Unread 14-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
He's no Ronaldo
Maybe not at the moment, but if keeps proggressing at his current rate he will eventuly become even an even better player than his fellow-countryman & then knowing our luck, Real Madrid will put in an insulting £80 Million bid & David Gill will accept it in the blink of an eye, just like he did with, Ronaldo.

Unread 14-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
That's the point though, for the good of the team he has to be played on the right where he has proved he helps the team with goals and assists
So does Valencia.

Nani can also do it playing from the left. If Giggs was 26, then we'd be able to keep Nani on the right. But he isn't.

Unread 14-02-2011, 05:01 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
So does Valencia.

Nani can also do it playing from the left. If Giggs was 26, then we'd be able to keep Nani on the right. But he isn't.
Too be fair too, Giggs it has too be said that he is doing a great impersination of a 26-year old player, in fact I belive he is playing better now than he was about 9 years ago.

Unread 14-02-2011, 05:10 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
So does Valencia.

you're not suggesting that valencia will come straight back in to top form, the form that nani is in are you?

and i don't doubt that nani can play well on the left, but he is stronger on the right, do you agree?

it makes no sens for valencia to play on the right at the expense of an in form full of confidence nani.

Unread 14-02-2011, 05:15 PM
Zorg

Hansen singled him out on MOTD and made the good point that he was able to get the cross in for Rooney's goal because Zabaleta was crapping himself so much at what was about to happen that he stood off him.

Unread 14-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Hansen singled him out on MOTD and made the good point that he was able to get the cross in for Rooney's goal because Zabaleta was crapping himself so much at what was about to happen that he stood off him.
On this occasion, Hansen was absolutly right

Unread 14-02-2011, 05:18 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
i said the same to my old man at the game, now that nani can cut inside and shoot (and score) with his left foot, as well as beat his man down the right and cross it in, he's unplayable.

city's fullbacks are £#%&!ing shocking though, giggsy loves playing against richards, who has the turning circle of a £#%&!ing bendy-bus!!
Closed Thread