United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-11-2009, 10:44 PM
Stickman

Default Re: I'll miss Nanners

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
standards have slipped at this club and fans on here won't admit it or just can't see it

example...

there was a time where ashley cole was seen to have had a good game if he kept ronaldo quiet, it's now a case of Valencia having a good game because he kept coke quiet...
that's right....our right winger has a good game for keeping a left back quiet.... not troubling the lb or terrorising the defence...just keeping the lb quiet!!!!!
It wont be popular because of who said it, but this is bang on.

OK Ronaldo was a one off to a fair extent, but 'he kept Cole quiet' £#%&!ing miffed me on here last Sunday/monday.

Unread 15-11-2009, 10:48 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
It wont be popular because of who said it, but this is bang on.

OK Ronaldo was a one off to a fair extent, but 'he kept Cole quiet' £#%&!ing miffed me on here last Sunday/monday.
nope, it's %@#$&!s. valencia did keep cole bottled up but it's not an either/or situation: he also gave us a decent threat down the right, despite having o'shea behind him. we were far more effective down the right than down the left against chelsea, both in defence and attack.

valencia is the new whipping boy, it seems. oh well.

Unread 15-11-2009, 11:03 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
nope, it's %@#$&!s. valencia did keep cole bottled up but it's not an either/or situation: he also gave us a decent threat down the right, despite having o'shea behind him. we were far more effective down the right than down the left against chelsea, both in defence and attack.

valencia is the new whipping boy, it seems. oh well.
hardly

Unread 17-11-2009, 03:21 AM
Sandman

Quote:
[SIZE="5"]Manchester United winger Nani linked with loan move to Italian club Fiorentina

Fiorentina are lining up a loan bid for Manchester United winger Nani. The Portuguese international has put clubs across Europe on alert by admitting to a recent row with Reds boss Alex Ferguson.
And the Italian outfit want to test the depth of the fall out between Fergie and Nani by tabling a January loan offer.

They want Nani to spend six months with them before negotiating a permanent £15m deal in the summer.
Fiorentina face competition from their Italian rivals AC Milan for the winger who has failed to live up to his potential at Old Trafford.
And even though he feels capable of stepping into Cristiano Ronaldo's boots, his figures of two goals in 11 starts has seen his stock fall in Ferguson's eyes.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz0X4yOmBSv

I wonder if they would take him as a down payment for Jovetic.

Unread 17-11-2009, 03:27 AM
ScarFace

15mil bullshit

Unread 17-11-2009, 03:47 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
I wonder if they would take him as a down payment for Jovetic.
Swap deal for Batistuta?

Unread 17-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Sharky

Will we ever get a decent LM or LW?

Maybe we expecting too much from this position due to the vast talent that is Mr Giggs?

And which LM/LW could fill the mould for united?

Unread 17-11-2009, 02:44 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky
Will we ever get a decent LM or LW?

Maybe we expecting too much from this position due to the vast talent that is Mr Giggs?

And which LM/LW could fill the mould for united?

Unread 17-11-2009, 02:45 PM
wiganste

Thumbs up Re: I'll miss Nanners

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Good shout Jabbers. He'll be a superstar for us.

Unread 17-11-2009, 02:46 PM
borsuk

Thumbs up Re: I'll miss Nanners

Quote:
cheers for the heads up

Unread 17-11-2009, 02:47 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
cheers for the heads up
I'm certain he's gonna step up to the pate.

Unread 19-11-2009, 11:55 AM
antonin jablonsky

According to this site, Nani was excellent for Portugal against Bosnia last nioght :-

http://www.portugoal.net/index.php/m...i-comes-of-age

Nani: 9/10
Picks up the PortuGOAL man-of-the-match award. Nani was a constant source of danger to the Bosnian defence, beating his marker time and time again, winning free-kicks, hogging possession and constantly providing Portugal with an effective outlet to ensure Bosnia could never work up a head of steam. Unselfish and intelligent play set up the Meireles goal on a plate. Baffling decision by Queiroz to take him off the pitch for the first change.

Unread 19-11-2009, 11:59 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Good shout Jabbers. He'll be a superstar for us.

Unread 19-11-2009, 12:00 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
If he was at Arsenal you'd have christened him the greatest talent in world football by now you daft @#%&!.

Unread 19-11-2009, 12:04 PM
borsuk

Quote:
According to this site, Nani was excellent for Portugal against Bosnia last nioght :-

http://www.portugoal.net/index.php/m...i-comes-of-age

Nani: 9/10
Picks up the PortuGOAL man-of-the-match award. Nani was a constant source of danger to the Bosnian defence, beating his marker time and time again, winning free-kicks, hogging possession and constantly providing Portugal with an effective outlet to ensure Bosnia could never work up a head of steam. Unselfish and intelligent play set up the Meireles goal on a plate. Baffling decision by Queiroz to take him off the pitch for the first change.
he was very good. given time and space, he can be. with bosnia playing three at the back it was ideal for him and, tbf, he took advantage. bosnia are also, for all their excellence going forwards, very poor in defence and had three players out suspended last night.

i'm afraid nani simply won't get that kind of time and space in the premier league. for his own benefit he should move to a league more suited to him.

Unread 19-11-2009, 12:04 PM
marlo

Quote:
If he was at Arsenal you'd have christened him the greatest talent in world football by now you daft @#%&!.
not really.

just find it abit wierd wiganste has seen him play about 90 minutes of football in a red shirt yet he will be great.

then on the other hand he 'gets behind' foster despite his mistakes as he wears the shirt but then with nani he is 'shit and he would drive him to another club'

nothing worse than a knee jerk hypocrite. agree?

Unread 19-11-2009, 12:09 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
not really.

just find it abit wierd wiganste has seen him play about 90 minutes of football in a red shirt yet he will be great.

then on the other hand he 'gets behind' foster despite his mistakes as he wears the shirt but then with nani he is 'shit and he would drive him to another club'

nothing worse than a knee jerk hypocrite. agree?
Well on Obertan, I see nowt wrong with a bit of over the top excitement at a new young player at the club, kind of always been part of supporting United to me.

On Nani and Foster, I didn't see a problem backing Foster in his first chance as United's no. 1 keeper. i did it myself, didn't see the point in slagging him before he even got a chance, summat you do with pride by the way. In the end it didn't work out for the lad which I think is a shame.

On Nani, I disagree with ste's stance on him.

Oh and you even using the word hypocrite about anyone else is staggeringf to me, given your record.

Unread 19-11-2009, 02:55 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Fair enough all that imo. My dad is pretty much the same re nani. He used to like him but has got sick of his inept performances and he simply doesnt like him.

I do like Nanners tbf. He obviously has bags of ability but he just doesnt look like he will ever become a first team regular at United. He doesnt seem to be made of the right stuff - I know that is pretty vague but whether its his temperament or what I dont know. Its a strange one because on several occasions he has threatened to kick on and become the great player we all know is lurking somewhere in there.
I've recently become convinced, sadly due to comments on here, that he's just a bit too slow. He needs to hget stronger in that case in order to make a United player I think.

Unread 12-11-2010, 04:56 PM
Baron

Just 12 months ago

Interesting thread from start to finish tbf - compare & contrast the opinions now

Unread 12-11-2010, 04:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Just 12 months ago

Interesting thread from start to finish tbf - compare & contrast the opinions now
Mine remains pretty much the same tbh.
Closed Thread