United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-05-2016, 05:46 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
god absolutely this.

A generation of Football fans who have spent more time playing Football with their thumbs than their feet.
Absolutely no concept of what the basic thrill of Football is or was.
Failing to recognise or appreciate the 'old fashioned' values of Football & scoffing at anybody who does.

Sucking the life out of every nuance of the game with self-important analysis.

This.

It doesn't help that most footballers are vacuous, preening @#%&!s tbh.

Unread 16-05-2016, 05:53 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Football is One thing the internet made worse...
It has, but at least it means you don't have to pay to watch it anymore

Unread 16-05-2016, 06:18 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
god absolutely this.

A generation of Football fans who have spent more time playing Football with their thumbs than their feet.
Absolutely no concept of what the basic thrill of Football is or was.
Failing to recognise or appreciate the 'old fashioned' values of Football & scoffing at anybody who does.

Sucking the life out of every nuance of the game with self-important analysis.

but ramone, your version of being a football fan is watching it on tele and following it in the media

that's right pal, i've taken this as a personal dig at me

i'm happy to talk about getting wired in and all that, but though i couldn't give a £#%&! about possession and metres run etc., i also want to talk about tactics. hope that's ok.

Unread 16-05-2016, 06:29 PM
waynes ear's

Mid may to early august is absolute bliss/carnage. Utterly detest football these days. But cant help watching

Unread 16-05-2016, 06:31 PM
Clarkie

Depends.....

I enjoyed the World Cup in 2014 quite a bit...I enjoyed the Ireland/Germany match
Domestically, I enjoyed Gerrard slipping and Mourinho's celebration. Immensely! Other than that, not much to pick from. Usually there would be a cracker of a game in the league, on a regular basis but, not anymore.

Although, I've enjoyed every time we've beaten Liverpool since LvG came on board and the FA cup semi final last minute winner was £#%&!ing brilliant.

Unread 16-05-2016, 06:32 PM
wiganste

Still love it tbf

Unread 16-05-2016, 06:57 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Usually there would be a cracker of a game in the league, on a regular basis but, not anymore.
I don't think that's true. There were some belters this season, as there are every season. Just not many involving us.

Unread 16-05-2016, 07:00 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
I don't think that's true. There were some belters this season, as there are every season. Just not many involving us.
Have to say, I didn't enjoy many games this season. Usually a few matches stick out but, at the moment, there is one in my mind and I can't even think of the two teams involved Says it all

Unread 16-05-2016, 07:02 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I don't enjoy watching United that much any more - which has basically been my biggest joy in football all my life.

Yes I still enjoy football I'll probably watch most games in the euros simply because along with boxing it's my favourite sport.
Honestly surprised you enjoy watching football, obvs just judging from you're doom mongering on here

Unread 16-05-2016, 07:04 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Have to say, I didn't enjoy many games this season. Usually a few matches stick out but, at the moment, there is one in my mind and I can't even think of the two teams involved Says it all
really enjoyed the following...

United 3 Dippers 0
Blue Dippers 0 United 3
United 3 Arsenal 2
United 2 Blue Dippers 1
West Ham 1 United 2

that's about it

Unread 16-05-2016, 07:06 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC

United 3 Dippers 0
Blue Dippers 0 United 3
United 3 Arsenal 2
United 2 Blue Dippers 1
West Ham 1 United 2

that's about it
I was referring to non United games but, yeah. Enjoyed those at the time. Except the 3-0 Everton. Don't know why either

Unread 16-05-2016, 07:07 PM
no fun

Quote:

United 3 Dippers 0
Blue Dippers 0 United 3
United 3 Arsenal 2
United 2 Blue Dippers 1
West Ham 1 United 2

that's about it
Citeh 0 United 1 ?

Unread 16-05-2016, 07:07 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Stoke battering City, Leicester battering City, Leicester battering Liverpool, Bournemouth 3 Everton 3 with both scoring in injury time, Dippers 3 Arse 3, just a few of the good ones. Also Leicester beating Chelsea was good.

Unread 16-05-2016, 07:08 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Citeh 0 United 1 ?
yeah that was great too do that's six now is it

.....didn't you say we'd get battered by Citeh

Quote:
Stoke battering City, Leicester battering City, Leicester battering Liverpool, Bournemouth 3 Everton 3 with both scoring in injury time, Dippers 3 Arse 3, just a few of the good ones. Also Leicester beating Chelsea was good.
Citeh got battered a lot tbf which is always enjoyable

Unread 16-05-2016, 07:09 PM
no fun

Quote:
yeah that was great too do that's six now is it

.....didn't you say we'd get battered by Citeh
Yes, but I say that about every game

Unread 16-05-2016, 07:11 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Yes, but I say that about every game
true.....prefer it if Ged got battered every game tbh

Unread 16-05-2016, 07:21 PM
taff

i enjoy the idea of football, but i think i preferred it when teams were incapable of playing a flat back four, only one-third of the playing contingent were anything approaching athletes, punches were still thrown in earnest, there was always potential for crowd trouble and the players in general weren't cosseted medici princes.

i mean, it's fine now. but it's basically the recreational arm of the financial sector, with all the attendant corporate bullshit and and a coterie of part-time tossers hanging on its every whim.

Unread 16-05-2016, 07:21 PM
Grimson

Hazard did this yesterday tbf to him.

Unread 16-05-2016, 07:31 PM
FraUtd

Moyes and LVG have managed to squeeze any remaining enjoyment out of it for me.
Fergie as well to be fair managed to serve up some serious shit at times, but at least it was the exception, not the rule.

Worst part of football is how detached it is becoming from a sport though, footballers always tended to be dicks, but they're on another level in recent years.
Too often it's about who can 'win' the most free kicks, or feign injury the best.

Get more aggravation than enjoyment from it now I think

Last WC I enjoyed more than I expected, maybe the Euros will do the same.

Unread 16-05-2016, 07:31 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Hazard did this yesterday tbf to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV6iUR1Ulhc
I didn't know Darmian had a little boy
Closed Thread