United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-05-2016, 03:16 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaAndCoke
Still love United but sometimes have to force myself to even watch us on the TV. I wouldn't go to see United if I got a free ticket and a free taxi to and from OT. As for football in general, I think I watched two games at the last World cup and it'll be the same with the Euros, zero interest. If football is on the TV now it's more of a background noise rather than actually sitting watching it.

So in answer to your question, no.
Jesus pal

To answer the question, still love it tbh. Will watch most games if there's one on tele, love going to the match- and can't beat a moment like we had in the semi for example. One of the best days and nights I've had in a long time, it's all worth it for a goon like that

Unread 16-05-2016, 03:18 PM
Buck

It's become dull. For a while everyone wanted to copy the Barcelona model of having little midgets with decent technique. Pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass. Save for the fact Barca have had some of the greatest players of this generation, a few in the all time bracket to do that.

Now we have the "high press". Everyone run around like mad dogs. Teams built on the basis of how good players are without the ball than with it.

The lack of individualism in the modern game is why it's dull. Over-analysis of tactics and bullshit philosophers have taken the raw fun out of the game.

This is why I enjoyed Leicester a lot. Each player had their own job to do and everyone to a man gave it their all to do it well. The players enjoyed going out on the pitch, the fans backed them, the manager gave them belief. Play to your strengths, don't try be something you're not. They ripped up the football hipsters manual.

Unread 16-05-2016, 03:20 PM
itisme_panaflex

I enjoy it at a level of about 5-10% of what I had 5 years or less ago.

Mostly my disinterest comes from really losing respect for the sport, and united becoming an advertising circus that played uninspired, flat football, even prior to SAF retiring.
Don't fully understand why but I was put off a lot in saf's final years.

Even if united got good again I probably couldn't look past the fact that the game is played by male kardashians and the stands are full of fat %@#$&!s.

Unread 16-05-2016, 03:35 PM
Jack Duckworth

not as much as i used to, but that's just getting older and different priorities, i think. i like watching it, but HATE talking/reading about it.

Unread 16-05-2016, 03:42 PM
Grimson

So some of the most opinionated football sages admit they don't watch much football. Interesting.

On the 'Life is a Ballache' scale of threads, of which there must always be at least two on the first page, this one is a solid 7/10.

Unread 16-05-2016, 03:46 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
I don't think its just that I was the same after Moscow. I just think I peaked, at that moment that glorious 10 mins of utter euphoria could not be matched. Just a personal thing more than anything. That and moving around not being around mates that I watch it with adds up.

I was so excited about LVG coming in as well
It was the same for me but in the Nou Camp. I knew then it would never get any better than that moment. And it's got absolutely £#%&! all to do with United not doing well. My favourite times following United were in the early/mid 80s.

Unread 16-05-2016, 04:00 PM
Denis Irwell

Lifetime habit. Never reach the peaks of your teens/20s, esp away days, so largely an age thing but the current style and drop in success clearly doesn't help. Rarely watch other than United. Will never not watch the Reds though. My old fella watched em from days of Johnny Carey, Stan Pearson and Charlie Mitten but still watched Neil Webb, Mal Donaghy etc and I'm sure I'll do the equivalent.

Unread 16-05-2016, 04:02 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
No, not one little bit. It's only the love I have for united that keeps me watching the game and I doubt I'll ever watch another game that doesn't involve us. I have no desire whatsoever to watch the euro's.
Pretty much the same. Might watch MOTD with the kids but generally don't care

Unread 16-05-2016, 04:05 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
So some of the most opinionated football sages admit they don't watch much football. Interesting.

On the 'Life is a Ballache' scale of threads, of which there must always be at least two on the first page, this one is a solid 7/10.

Unread 16-05-2016, 04:11 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
I know an American like that. Lovely chap but he starts going on about formations and stuff and I have no clue what he's on about. Maybe it's what happens if you only watch on the telly?
Or play £#%&!ing Championship Manager all day. Or whatever it's called these days.

Unread 16-05-2016, 04:15 PM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
The worst is still the bar stool fan.
Hates the fact that money is spoiling the game but thinks City's rise to relative prominence is a good thing. Would like to see Liverpool back up there. Can't believe Fergie was allowed to get away with it for so long... etc.

Still better than Stats Steve who can tell you the Villareal bench from last weekend and won't shut up about his 300 Twitter followers though.

Unread 16-05-2016, 04:21 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Or play £#%&!ing Championship Manager all day. Or whatever it's called these days.
Yeah, I think he does that too

Unread 16-05-2016, 04:21 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
Hates the fact that money is spoiling the game but thinks City's rise to relative prominence is a good thing. Would like to see Liverpool back up there. Can't believe Fergie was allowed to get away with it for so long... etc.

Still better than Stats Steve who can tell you the Villareal bench from last weekend and won't shut up about his 300 Twitter followers though.
Stats Steve blatantly studies a degree in Football Studies.

http://www.solent.ac.uk/courses/2016...e-details.aspx

9k a year and your lectures are through watching Monday Night Football

Unread 16-05-2016, 04:27 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
I have to say my interest is waning.

Not sure if it's just lvgs terrible football , the increasingly boring nature of the premier league or what .
Not sure if that is totally sustainable after this season, tbh.

Unread 16-05-2016, 04:27 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
not as much as i used to, but that's just getting older and different priorities, i think. i like watching it, but HATE talking/reading about it.
People who talk football in the pub or on Facebook are generally the biggest bores known to man.

Unread 16-05-2016, 04:28 PM
puressence

G

Unread 16-05-2016, 04:47 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
People who talk football in the pub or on Facebook are generally the biggest bores known to man.
not sure about that, trying too hard here. I enjoy talking about football I think that's why I don't watch it that much in a reverse head £#%&! type of way.

Its all about who you are talking to in the pub. If its terry try hard and his only joy is to get a raise out of you then I agree

Unread 16-05-2016, 05:00 PM
Buck

Opta and Squawka have ruined the game

Unread 16-05-2016, 05:21 PM
rustling jimmies

Hate football, football supporters and footballers themselves

Unread 16-05-2016, 05:21 PM
Bunker Buster

Football is One thing the internet made worse...
Closed Thread