United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-02-2016, 11:31 AM
Sizlack

[quote=Jez Quigley;4363150]This.

Not a chance we will get 4th and all the teams above us are there on merit.

As long as City don't win the league I'll be fine.

As for the cup, in years to come one forgets the league but will remember the cup victory.

Without googling, anybody know where we came in the league in 77 when we beat Liverpool in the cup final?[/QUOTE]

We came about 8th ish I think. The doc came inside the physio.

Unread 19-02-2016, 11:39 AM
dodger

I just want him to £#%&!ing well go. The hows and whys are irrelevant, although I don't see how a defeat at Shrewsbury can bring it any closer if he's still in a job this morning.
How he hasn't had the decency to resign I don't know. And how this situation has been allowed to get this far is another mystery. There isn't another club in the supposed top elechons of europe that wouldn't have sacked him by now.

Unread 19-02-2016, 11:41 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I just want him to £#%&!ing well go. The hows and whys are irrelevant, although I don't see how a defeat at Shrewsbury can bring it any closer if he's still in a job this morning.
How he hasn't had the decency to resign I don't know. And how this situation has been allowed to get this far is another mystery. There isn't another club in the supposed top elechons of europe that wouldn't have sacked him by now.
Fortunately we're not in the top echelons of Europe. We're getting stomped on by Midtjylland ffs.

Unread 19-02-2016, 12:21 PM
Big Norm

This only applies to the sort of @#%&! who would bet against United in a European match then go on the internet to gloat about it because they think it proves their opinion to be correct.

Unread 19-02-2016, 12:23 PM
naes_sean

He's not going anywhere until the end of the season.

Unread 19-02-2016, 12:30 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Fortunately we're not in the top echelons of Europe. We're getting stomped on by Midtjylland ffs.
Yeah but you know what I mean

Unread 19-02-2016, 12:40 PM
rogieop

Nope. He shouldnt be sacked based on results. He should be sacked based on performances. And going by what we have seen this season he should have had the deceny to walk on boxing day. Beating shrewsbury and not putting in a performance shouldnt be acceptable.

It seems like an ongoing cycle here. We lose a couple things get to an all time low, then we go on a decent run, people start to believe again and wham we get beat by some shit @#%&!s.

Im going for

Shrewsbury win
Midtyland win
Arsenal win
Watford loss
West Brom loss.

Unread 19-02-2016, 01:03 PM
92ToBury

No. The manager won't be binned off until it is impossible to get into next season's CL. As such let's get something won and piss off the haters.

Unread 19-02-2016, 01:22 PM
Silkyray

The FA Cup is definitely a must for us now. The likes of Love, Tony and Lingard would grow a foot taller having bagged that trophy. It's the difference between getting bogged down in the gloop of doom and ending the season on a good note. Lvg has come and tried to do things the way he has always done, it's failed but I think I'd be happy to see his tenure end with silverware.

The community shield is also a bit of a lift going in to the new season with new players and and new gaffer getting a chance to show them off at Wembley.

Plus I wouldn't mind the Europa league as much if we entered it from the beginning and gave a bit of experience for the players about in Europe before we attempt the champions league.

Unread 19-02-2016, 01:23 PM
Ethers

Absolutely £#%&!ing not. Ffs

Unread 19-02-2016, 01:31 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
If it meant lvg walked/ got the sack , And it meant the new manager came in and got us into 4th ?
expect another deer's head tonight

Unread 19-02-2016, 01:46 PM
magic_cantona

Yes. And the club going out of business. And OT falling down.

Ffs.

Unread 19-02-2016, 01:54 PM
ScarFace

draw

Unread 19-02-2016, 01:56 PM
Gazw649

Nah, feel no matter what LVG is gone at the end of the season.

Unread 19-02-2016, 07:32 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
No, we are 1 step away from the quarters. Lately there always seems to be 1 shit team that makes the final so it could be us this year.
This. It would be amusing (in a way) if we finished mid-table but still got our first trophy post-SAF.

Unread 19-02-2016, 08:19 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
expect another deer's head tonight
Don't blame the questioner .... I never expressed an opinion .

Wish someone would leav another one . Wanna strap it to the front of my car
Closed Thread