United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-08-2009, 10:35 AM
wiganste

I honestly think Michael Owen will start tonight.

Unread 19-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
maybe. think he could rip bramble apart though on saturday.

Unread 19-08-2009, 10:38 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
OK, ste, now calm down dear.

I'd not start him, want to give the Rooney/Berbatov axis as much time as possible to gel early season before the bigger games which are coming up sooner than you might think. Wouldn't be devastated if Owen did start though.

Unread 19-08-2009, 10:39 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
maybe. think he could rip bramble apart though on saturday.
Bramble's a funny one. Looked good v Villa on Sat but looked shocking v a very average Wolves.

People are saying he's got his act together and is turning out to be a decent defender. I think he's the captain too (I could be wrong)

But you're right - Owen could tear him a new one on Saturday. But so could Rooney & Berbs

Unread 19-08-2009, 10:40 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Bramble's a funny one. Looked good v Villa on Sat but looked shocking v a very average Wolves.

People are saying he's got his act together and is turning out to be a decent defender. I think he's the captain too (I could be wrong)

But you're right - Owen could tear him a new one on Saturday. But so could Rooney & Berbs
was their players player and fans player of the season last season, has improved loads, not seen last nights game but he done well on saturday.

Unread 19-08-2009, 10:42 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
was their players player and fans player of the season last season, has improved loads, not seen last nights game but he done well on saturday.
Think having Steve Bruce as a manager helped him. Might see the gradual return of Shitus now.

Unread 19-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Tumescent Throb

United have struggled to beat Wigan every time we've played there. not sure how much of that was down to Bramble (can't even remember how many times he played) but if they try and push up on Owen he will destroy bramble.

Unread 19-08-2009, 11:02 AM
toseeunited

I think SAF will give Owen a start tonight.

Apart from that, Valencia and Park on the wings, and Wes and JOS in the back 4, maybe Ando in midfield.

Unread 19-08-2009, 11:35 AM
MUFC One Love

I think the team will be;

Foster

Fabio/De Laet
Brown
O' Shea
Evra

Valencia
Carrick
Anderson
Park

Rooney
Owen

Unread 19-08-2009, 11:41 AM
magic_cantona

Foster

Fabio
Brown
O' Shea
Evra

Valencia
Carrick
Anderson
Park (If Nani's fit, I'd have him in)

Rooney
Owen

We really should win, 3-1 or 2-0.Or 1-0.

Unread 19-08-2009, 11:49 AM
Aloe Blacc

Fosta

Fabio
Brown
Sheasy
Evra

Valencia
Carrick
Anderson
Nani

Rooney
Berbatov

Owen, Giggs, Fletch to start against Wigan....

Unread 19-08-2009, 11:52 AM
toseeunited

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I think the team will be;

Foster

Fabio/De Laet
Brown
O' Shea
Evra

Valencia
Carrick
Anderson
Park

Rooney
Owen
would fergie get away with putting that in as his team sheet!?

Unread 19-08-2009, 01:27 PM
MJ Ramone

Foster

Fabio
O'Shea
Wes
Evra

Valencia
Carrick
Fletcher/Anderson
Park

Rooney
Berbatov

Unread 19-08-2009, 01:28 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
would fergie get away with putting that in as his team sheet!?

I think he will play one of them two but I don't know which one he will play.

Unread 19-08-2009, 01:30 PM
antonin jablonsky

I'd like to see Welbeck or Macheda on the bench tonight, or both actually.

Unread 19-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love

I think he will play one of them two but I don't know which one he will play.
thanks for clearing that up. For a minute there we thought you were suggesting that they both play at right back.

Btw Berba will start

Unread 19-08-2009, 02:07 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
thanks for clearing that up. For a minute there we thought you were suggesting that they both play at right back.

Btw Berba will start
With owen or Rooney do you think? Or both? A mate reckons we'll play 'em all as a 3????

Unread 19-08-2009, 02:09 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
With owen or Rooney do you think? Or both? A mate reckons we'll play 'em all as a 3????
the roon imo. If Owen had bagged that chance on sunday he might have been in with a chance of starting. Cant see him starting tbh.

I might be wrong - but thats very rare tbf.

Unread 19-08-2009, 02:13 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
the roon imo. If Owen had bagged that chance on sunday he might have been in with a chance of starting. Cant see him starting tbh.

I might be wrong - but thats very rare tbf.
Nice line.

Hope you are correct for what it's worth. Thought there were some good signs from the Rooney Berbs partnership on Sunday and i want to see that continue to develop, this time without being hampered by a daft fat ref.

Unread 19-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Smeggs

who is reffing? don't we always get someone sent off in the second league gameseems like it anyhow.
Closed Thread