United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-09-2018, 10:40 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Pogba has played well recently, martial had his best ever career spell under mou last season. Sanchez has found it hard to settle into a new club.

Find it funny that people think zidane will suddenly have everyone playing like monsters....

Maybe some of these guys dont give a f....
It's the manager's job to make them give a £#%&!.

Lampard had players that gave a £#%&! playing for derby. Getting ones to want to play for United should be easier.

The players don't want to play for the manager. Nobody is enjoying their football and it's reflected in their efforts.

Unread 25-09-2018, 10:40 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
ZIdane would because the players would instantly respect him and want to play for him.

Fact.
and he might not spend all week trying to psychologically break them all down and might instead try to build them up and have them playing attractive football without fear instead of fearing the whip for when they make a mistake.

Unread 25-09-2018, 10:43 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
It's the manager's job to make them give a £#%&!.

Lampard had players that gave a £#%&! playing for derby. Getting ones to want to play for United should be easier.

The players don't want to play for the manager. Nobody is enjoying their football and it's reflected in their efforts.
Nobody wanted to play for lvg, nobody wanted to play for moyes.

Yeah yeah.

Think someone is in for a big surprise when Mou goes. It is going to get worse if he goes. Believe me. He has delivered our best seasons post ferie. This bunch isnt suddenly gonna be amazing under a new coach + a new coach will also find himself handicapped by the ownership and woodward.

Unread 25-09-2018, 10:46 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
ZIdane would because the players would instantly respect him and want to play for him.

Fact.
I’m sure the players respected Van Gaal and Mourinho when they were appointed tbf. Zidane isn’t getting the likes of Fellaini, Lukaku, Jones, Smalling etc etc playing great football.

We’re at a cross roads, we need a complete overhaul and it’ll take quite a few years to get back to where we should be imo. Or we just go from manager to manager with no clear plan throwing millions and millions at this half arsed attempt at a squad rebuild.

Get a director of football in place and hire a manager that shares the same philosophies should be the starting point.

Quote:

Yeah yeah.

Think someone is in for a big surprise when Mou goes. It is going to get worse if he goes. Believe me. He has delivered our best seasons post ferie. This bunch isnt suddenly gonna be amazing under a new coach + a new coach will also find himself handicapped by the ownership and woodward.
Yep.

We’re £#%&!ed in other words

Unread 25-09-2018, 10:49 PM
Clownbones

Quote:

Yeah yeah.

Tbf, I don't disagree with any of that either.

As much as I think Jose is past the point of no return, the club having absolutely no vision at all is the bigger issue.

Absolutely do not want Zidane.

Unread 25-09-2018, 10:52 PM
browser

Quote:
Has mou been helped or hindered by the board's behaviour this summer?

Mou has already done his job, he has stabilised us. Only a historic city team stopped him bringing home a league title, cl football back to back, 3 trophies. Pardon for me preferring to back him over cowards who had been failing hard for 3 years before he came and have shown themselves to still be unreliable 2 years into mou's reign.

Obviously he isnt blameless, the likes of jones, smalling valencia etc all still being main players now has got to do with him not moving them on. We have failed with those guys since 2011....
LVG stabilised us and was also the manager for Martial’s best form. Mourinho was brought in to take us up a level, he hasn’t. Our best young players have regressed, the marquee signings have underperformed and though the squad depth is better after half a billion quids worth of investment, we’re still woefully inconsistent and dreadful to watch. Every single player we have is stifled. The manager should be the key to freeing up our best players, mourinho locks them down.

I don’t understand how you can support United and be happy with what you’re seeing.

Unread 25-09-2018, 10:52 PM
Tiberian

Mou is the guy who wanted Lukaku, wanted Matic, was desperate for Fellaini to stay. He could have chosen to build a different style of team, but as ever he focused on physicality. He might not have got all the players he wanted but does anyone truly believe that if he had the style would be significantly different?

Unread 25-09-2018, 10:53 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Mou is the guy who wanted Lukaku, wanted Matic, was desperate for Fellaini to stay. He could have chosen to build a different style of team, but as ever he focused on physicality. He might not have got all the players he wanted but does anyone truly believe that if he had the style would be significantly different?
He’s a dinosaur

Unread 25-09-2018, 10:54 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
LVG stabilised us and was also the manager for Martial’s best form. Mourinho was brought in to take us up a level, he hasn’t. Our best young players have regressed, the marquee signings have underperformed and though the squad depth is better after half a billion quids worth of investment, we’re still woefully inconsistent and dreadful to watch. Every single player we have is stifled. The manager should be the key to freeing up our best players, mourinho locks them down.

I don’t understand how you can support United and be happy with what you’re seeing.
Van Gaal didn't stabilise us, he tried and was pretty unlucky with that injury run but the second season was just £#%&!ing bedlam. Was with a heavy heart sure but he had to go.

The last bit though, that's the £#%&!ing killer. For someone who has so much to say about everyone else's support.

Unread 25-09-2018, 10:55 PM
windy waffles

Quote:

Spot on.

Saffers is trying too hard...

NegativeNorris

Quote:
I don't think we need to sack him. We need to back him though. Which we haven't really done. So what's the point of having a manager if he's not getting any of the tools he needs to do the job? Why doesn't woody just pick the team seeing as his opinion on player signings weighs more than Mou's?
Haven't backed him? The fraud has spent over £300M at Utd. He's had enough money and time to shape a team into something resembling a respectable outfit. Instead, look at this £#%&!ing mess. How can he be so incapable of coaching professional players into playing decent football.

There is absolutely no doubt we have players that would thrive under a new manager playing attacking football. We have shite yes, particularly at the back, but going forward there's no excuse imo.

Clownbones

Quote:
It absolutely would not.

This is his style and has been for 20 years.

Why would he magically change now?

All we would become is a better more functioning version of what we are now

We went for substance over style and didn't even get the substance.

Unread 25-09-2018, 10:57 PM
AK14

Quote:
LVG stabilised us.

Unread 25-09-2018, 10:57 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Van Gaal didn't stabilise us, he tried and was pretty unlucky with that injury run but the second season was just £#%&!ing bedlam. Was with a heavy heart sure but he had to go.

The last bit though, that's the £#%&!ing killer. For someone who has so much to say about everyone else's support.
i think he did stabilise us and try to impose a way to play. the issue was it was so tedious and we kept on having all the possession then give the ball away once and concede. it was some of the most tedious football i've ever watched BUT i also think maybe it was just part of an ugly evolution.

It was way worse to watch than even this season or moyes.

Unread 25-09-2018, 10:58 PM
Cream

Quote:
I don't think we need to sack him. We need to back him though. Which we haven't really done. So what's the point of having a manager if he's not getting any of the tools he needs to do the job? Why doesn't woody just pick the team seeing as his opinion on player signings weighs more than Mou's?
That's precisely why we need to sack him.

He won't walk. He £#%&!ing should've done but he's a winner (on a massive wedge).

This is all playing out as predicted. No players and no pay off for the departing manager. Kerching.

Unread 25-09-2018, 11:01 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
He did. Do people forget where we were after Moyes? LVG turned the ship around. I’m not saying it was pretty but he did it.

Unread 25-09-2018, 11:05 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
He’s a dinosaur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
It absolutely would not.

This is his style and has been for 20 years.

Why would he magically change now?

All we would become is a better more functioning version of what we are now

We went for substance over style and didn't even get the substance.
He is not interested in developing anything. Solid base then let the talented played he buys, that other managers/coaches have brought to a level high enough for him to be interested, do the work of winning games .

I don't see how anyone can watch our football for these 2 years and think anything exceptional is building. The club being run poorly as an overall football project does not change my opinion that he has has never been the right man for Utd. Shit real Madrid with a mercenary manager demanding loyalty from a group of mercenary players.

Unread 25-09-2018, 11:08 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

What's Mourinho supposed to do without Maguire, Rose, Dier and Perisic?

They would have been game changers like Lukaku, Lindelof, Mhiki and Sanchez - Woodward's fault for not backing Jose

Unread 25-09-2018, 11:08 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
He is not interested in developing anything. Solid base then let the talented played he buys, that other managers/coaches have brought to a level high enough for him to be interested, do the work of winning games .

I don't see how anyone can watch our football for these 2 years and think anything exceptional is building. The club being run poorly as an overall football project does not change my opinion that he has has never been the right man for Utd. Shit real Madrid with a mercenary manager demanding loyalty from a group of mercenary players.
Yep.

Unread 25-09-2018, 11:11 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
What's Mourinho supposed to do without Maguire, Rose, Dier and Perisic?

They would have been game changers like Lukaku, Lindelof, Mhiki and Sanchez - Woodward's fault for not backing Jose
Or Woodward’s fault for hiring him and giving him millions to spend after doing exactly the same thing with Van Gaal, leaving us with completely unbalanced squad.

Nothing will change with that chinless £#%&!er making the footballing decisions.
Closed Thread