United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-08-2018, 07:58 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
He's not going anywhere, unlucky bastards.
Saffers, genuine question, mate....

... how does this all end well for us and Mourinho, in your view?

What's the realisation of his tenure and what do we have in place now that has us on that trajectory?

Unread 28-08-2018, 07:59 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
if that's true he's even pettier and pathetic than I thought.
I don't think he's doing it as revenge, I think he just lost his confidence. After his Real team knocked us out of the CL, everyone said it was his job interview. He was extremely complimentary in the post match presser (said Nani should never have been sent off).
Imagine going from that & thinking the job was in the bag to hearing that it had been given to David £#%&!ing Moyes?

Unread 28-08-2018, 08:00 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
I don't think he's doing it as revenge, I think he just lost his confidence. After his Real team knocked us out of the CL, everyone said it was his job interview. He was extremely complimentary in the post match presser (said Nani should never have been sent off).
Imagine going from that & thinking the job was in the bag to hearing that it had been given to David £#%&!ing Moyes?
He was already going to Chelsea then. That's the facts.

We all agree Moyes was a joke but that didn't ruin the Precious One. It was Madrid not falling for his bullshit.

Unread 28-08-2018, 08:06 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Saffers, genuine question, mate....

... how does this all end well for us and Mourinho, in your view?

What's the realisation of his tenure and what do we have in place now that has us on that trajectory?
Had you asked that 3 months ago I would have said he would leave us as a genuine force in both Europe & the prem and in a far better place playerwise than he found us
Through a mixture of his ego & Woodward’s stupidity that’s not going to happen now
Had Ed given him the players he wanted the whole place would have a better buzz. Had Mourinho not thrown his toys out of the pram about not getting his own way the players we have wouldn’t be under so much pressure & maybe would be playing with a bit more self belief & confidence

Unread 28-08-2018, 08:14 PM
My Name is Keith

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
Tap in.
Has actually now been given as an oggy according to BBC.

Unread 28-08-2018, 08:27 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Had you asked that 3 months ago I would have said he would leave us as a genuine force in both Europe & the prem and in a far better place playerwise than he found us
Through a mixture of his ego & Woodward’s stupidity that’s not going to happen now
Had Ed given him the players he wanted the whole place would have a better buzz. Had Mourinho not thrown his toys out of the pram about not getting his own way the players we have wouldn’t be under so much pressure & maybe would be playing with a bit more self belief & confidence
Obviously domestic and European success is the tangible goal, i mean more in terms of style. A plan.

What kind of successful team is jose's United? Strengths, weaknesses etc.

And what, two years in, has he got in place to achieve it.

Unread 29-08-2018, 03:23 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
Wonder if he lived in a hotel in any of his other jobs?
Again, that comes back to his wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
He was always under the impression the job would be his. Gill wanted him and fergie strung mourinho along to keep him on side. Gill left and Fergie was lying because he always intended Moyes as his successor. Quite sad that both guardiola and mourinho wanted to succeed Fergie and Fergie £#%&!ed over both to lever Moyes into the job. After that, it’s all been Woodward’s ego and incompetence with football matters.

Unread 29-08-2018, 04:25 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
He was always under the impression the job would be his. Gill wanted him and fergie strung mourinho along to keep him on side. Gill left and Fergie was lying because he always intended Moyes as his successor. Quite sad that both guardiola and mourinho wanted to succeed Fergie and Fergie £#%&!ed over both to lever Moyes into the job. After that, it’s all been Woodward’s ego and incompetence with football matters.
Undoing much of his good work in the process.

I suppose all heroes have to have a tragic flaw, don't they

Unread 29-08-2018, 04:26 PM
andyroo

It would've been sad, if that were what had happened.

Unfortunately for narrative fans, both Guardiola and Mourinho had already taken other jobs before they were asked. As had Ancelotti.

Unfortunately for United too, more importantly.

Unread 29-08-2018, 04:42 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Obviously domestic and European success is the tangible goal, i mean more in terms of style. A plan.

What kind of successful team is jose's United? Strengths, weaknesses etc.

And what, two years in, has he got in place to achieve it.
His Chelsea teams were built on solid defence, power & pace up front & the ability to counter quickly
He had Costa , Willian & Hazard up front, we have nothing close to them ability or football intelligence wise. That is where we are struggling. The game at Leicester last season was the classic example. We had so many chances to wrap that game up but our forward line just weren’t as clinical .
I really thought Alexis was the final piece , the player with the intelligence & ability to choose the right option when we do attack . I still think he is a much better player than he has shown & we have seen it in glimpses & in big games.
When you look at the squad he inherited very few were good enough to challenge for the title .

Unread 29-08-2018, 05:13 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:

Unfortunately for narrative fans, both Guardiola and Mourinho had already taken other jobs before they were asked. As had Ancelotti.

Fool yourself if you want.

Unread 29-08-2018, 11:08 PM
red in cumbria

It is true that SAF decided that Moyes was his preferred successor a bit in advance of his actual retirement, no?

Unread 29-08-2018, 11:52 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
His Chelsea teams were built on solid defence, power & pace up front & the ability to counter quickly
He had Costa , Willian & Hazard up front, we have nothing close to them ability or football intelligence wise. That is where we are struggling. The game at Leicester last season was the classic example. We had so many chances to wrap that game up but our forward line just weren’t as clinical .
I really thought Alexis was the final piece , the player with the intelligence & ability to choose the right option when we do attack . I still think he is a much better player than he has shown & we have seen it in glimpses & in big games.
When you look at the squad he inherited very few were good enough to challenge for the title .
i also feel that his 2015 chelsea side got away with winning the title because no one else was good enough. city struggled to retain the title just like they did in 2013, poch had just inherited a spurs side which still had shite, and, well, us and the scousers had van gaal and brenton respectively.

Unread 30-08-2018, 12:54 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Not convinced Mou was ever approached properly. And Guardiola if he was didn't understand, which was convenient.

I think it's possible that Fergie always wanted Moyes.

Bigger mistake from our point of view - and the biggest of the post-Fergie era - was not lining up Guardiola to take over from LvG.

Unread 30-08-2018, 01:42 AM
dunk

Quote:
no we haven’t. He’s shit.

Unread 30-08-2018, 01:55 AM
AntiZionist

Mourinho is shitting the bed, but the real cancers aren't being dealt with.

If JM was serious, he'd drape a huge palestinian flag and walk into OT - that would shake you know who's.

Unread 30-08-2018, 07:13 AM
Red Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiZionist

If JM was serious, he'd drape a huge palestinian flag and walk into OT - that would shake you know who's.

Unread 30-08-2018, 07:14 AM
sa7

Quote:

Heenan

Unread 30-08-2018, 08:36 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
yep. Spot on. He does have some good players at his disposal though but he has no idea how to get the best out of them.

Unread 30-08-2018, 04:57 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

Well, you see what you get with that username I suppose.
Closed Thread