Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
What do you want him to say?
Who he has signed

Unread 11-08-2014, 08:12 AM
vangaalsbigballs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
What do you want him to say?
when fergie started the whole 'no new signings' or 'no value in market' then people said that it was just a way of playing with the press. after some time, everyone realised that fergie was telling the truth.

LVG says he still needs another couple of weeks to assess his squad. that will leave 1 week to make signings. Good luck Ed

Unread 11-08-2014, 08:34 AM
Shooter McGavin

He wants a centre half as we just missed out on one so no more signings intentionally is %@#$&!s

Oh and a wide player, said so specifically

Unread 11-08-2014, 09:04 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter McGavin
He wants a centre half as we just missed out on one so no more signings intentionally is %@#$&!s

Oh and a wide player, said so specifically
Agree. If we're to play 3 centre halves then we'll need 2 more to come in. We're £#%&!ed if 1 or 2 of Jones/Smalling/Evans gets injured. Blackett looks like he'll be part of the first team this year but it's a big ask for him to step up that quick. A top class defender with some experience would be good. £#%&! knows who though. Hummels would have been ideal.

This winger thing is a puzzler though- unless he plans to change to 4-3-3.

Unread 11-08-2014, 09:12 AM
ZiggyStardust

I can understand him not signing another central midfielder because he wants to see the ones we currently have in training and in games but I can't understand why we wouldn't sign another centre back or two given that we now play with 3 and we have already lost 2 this summer

I think we will have to hold judgement until the transfer window closes and see where we are in regards to the squad but it's not looking good at the moment

Unread 11-08-2014, 09:17 AM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
I can understand him not signing another central midfielder because he wants to see the ones we currently have in training and in games but I can't understand why we wouldn't sign another centre back or two given that we now play with 3 and we have already lost 2 this summer

I think we will have to hold judgement until the transfer window closes and see where we are in regards to the squad but it's not looking good at the moment

Agreed.

Plus he's supposedly getting rid of a load more, without replacements that would be negligent.

I'll hold fire until window closes.

Unread 11-08-2014, 10:56 AM
WarwickRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Agree. If we're to play 3 centre halves then we'll need 2 more to come in. We're £#%&!ed if 1 or 2 of Jones/Smalling/Evans gets injured. Blackett looks like he'll be part of the first team this year but it's a big ask for him to step up that quick. A top class defender with some experience would be good. £#%&! knows who though. Hummels would have been ideal.

This winger thing is a puzzler though- unless he plans to change to 4-3-3.
This is his preferred formation. He may well be playing the long game and waiting for Strootman, so a decent winger at this stage would make sense.

Still need a CB though.

Unread 11-08-2014, 10:56 AM
Aman27deep

Quote:

There was a report two days back that he was mad on losing out on Vermaelen. I think we reached an agreement with him, but Wenger sold him to Barca anyways.

Maybe we didn't go for de Vrij depending on Vermaelen, and Hummels we can't sign anyways. I think we may be out of CB targets.

That's why the new name of Benatia has been mentioned now.

Unread 11-08-2014, 11:00 AM
naes_sean

LVG out.

Unread 11-08-2014, 11:03 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman27deep
There was a report two days back that he was mad on losing out on Vermaelen. I think we reached an agreement with him, but Wenger sold him to Barca anyways.

Maybe we didn't go for de Vrij depending on Vermaelen, and Hummels we can't sign anyways. I think we may be out of CB targets.

That's why the new name of Benatia had been mentioned now.
I think it will be very hard to get Roma's best players this season as they believe with Conte gone from Juve that they have a great chance of winning their first Scudetto since 2001

Can't see them jeopardizing their chances by selling one of their best players

I have no idea what other top class experienced centre backs LvG could possible sign this window

Unread 11-08-2014, 11:44 AM
billynomates

The quotes that imply he needs time to evaluate squad are from his opening presser FFS, they seem to have been "attached" to quotes from a (presumably) recent interview I've not actually seen where he basically says he likes Dutch players , wants a quality winger and only buys players he needs.

Don't see where he is saying our business is concluded or will be left to the last few says of window (although if that happened I wouldn't be surprised.)

Seems like MEN are cut/pasting quotes together, out of context to come up with some nice click bait, which the OP has further embellished to "no more signings"

:shakehead:

Unread 11-08-2014, 11:48 AM
Aman27deep

Quote:
I think it will be very hard to get Roma's best players this season as they believe with Conte gone from Juve that they have a great chance of winning their first Scudetto since 2001

Can't see them jeopardizing their chances by selling one of their best players

I have no idea what other top class experienced centre backs LvG could possible sign this window
Italian clubs are poor. If we lodge a 35m bid, then Roma can't turn that down.

Unread 11-08-2014, 12:03 PM
innit

So sick of this now.

Get the £#%&!ing chequebook out.

Unread 11-08-2014, 12:05 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by innit
So sick of this now.

Get the £#%&!ing chequebook out.

i dont think the glazers let woodward have a chequebook. probably gave him a pound and said " we want change with that"

Unread 11-08-2014, 12:07 PM
Vedder

It's bullshit ffs.

One paper saying he needs to learn about squad, another saying he's willing to let 4 or 5 go which indicates he knows what he wants. Nobody has a clue what United are up too.

There's no way we're going into the season with Evans, Smalling and Jones. If we're going to play 3 at the back those are our 3 cb's there. If they get injured we're gonna rely on Blackett etc no chance.

Unread 11-08-2014, 12:09 PM
andyroo

The article doesn't even say what its own headline says let alone the thread title.

I'm still getting a bit antsy though, the Swansea game is only six days away.
Closed Thread