United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-05-2022, 12:10 AM
Blomq15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Pulled his weight ffs he causes more problems than Maguire.
Ha ha ha ha. £#%&!ing hell.

Unread 22-05-2022, 12:43 AM
Baron

Quote:
He’s absolutely £#%&!.
He’s absolutely world class at making difficult saves, shot stopping has never been made to look so routine. But yes, the game is different & he should do more than tip extraordinarily difficult shots around the post.

Doing things well 98% of the time is better than doing the impossible 2% of the time.

He’s pretty much the Shay Given of modern football. Lorded for highlights, and many times rightly because they save / win points but it’s a low bar.

The game has changed and he hasn’t moved off his line or found a %@#$&! to eviscerate any CB in front of him when required.

I’d pump him to Newcastle ahead of Henderson for £75m and go get the next modern keeper, whoever that is. Henderson can stay as backup on his £100k a week, he’s not getting that anywhere else

Unread 22-05-2022, 07:08 AM
Patty_b

De Gea could easily be replaced. He's not that good of a keeper. Wonderful shot stopper but the rest of his game is non-existent.

The only issue is getting rid of him. We won't want to let him go on the cheap and he's on aassive £#%&!ing wedge.

Wouldn't be surprised to be big Erik phase him out over the next 12 months.

Unread 22-05-2022, 09:16 AM
AK14

Quote:
Nick Pope, Sanchez, just about any goalkeeper that can kick the ball or actually come off their line for a cross. It’s not that deep. He’s £#%&!.

Dropped from the Spanish team like a hot brick, because he’s shit.
Sanchez for me.

We’re stuck with him though because he’ll no doubt get a new contract.

Unread 22-05-2022, 09:27 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
He’s absolutely world class at making difficult saves, shot stopping has never been made to look so routine. But yes, the game is different & he should do more than tip extraordinarily difficult shots around the post.

Doing things well 98% of the time is better than doing the impossible 2% of the time.

He’s pretty much the Shay Given of modern football. Lorded for highlights, and many times rightly because they save / win points but it’s a low bar.

The game has changed and he hasn’t moved off his line or found a %@#$&! to eviscerate any CB in front of him when required.

I’d pump him to Newcastle ahead of Henderson for £75m and go get the next modern keeper, whoever that is. Henderson can stay as backup on his £100k a week, he’s not getting that anywhere else
Where’s 75m for De Gea come from? I think he’s been one of our better players, not perfect by any means but not someone I’d fault for us being as bad as we have been. I think it was dunk who asked how the defence can play with confidence with de Gea behind them, but I can’t help but wonder how De Gea is meant to be this commanding presence with players like Maguire in front of him doing their level best to £#%&! up every game for us. He’s probably scared to come off his line out of fear of being accidentally poleaxed by the clumsy galoot.

Can’t see him going for 75m anyway; he’s 31 and his stock will only have decreased since the fax machine debacle.

Unread 22-05-2022, 10:21 AM
dunk

De Gea has never been a commanding presence with anyone in front of him.

Unread 22-05-2022, 10:30 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Except Woodward

Unread 22-05-2022, 10:33 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
True. He’ll do for now, but he’ll be replaced within two years. What’s his last contract situation? I’m sure the United assets retention team will
be keen to stick him on 300k a week until he’s 35

Unread 22-05-2022, 10:34 AM
Joe Biden

Let the guys contract run out, we have more pressing areas of concern. At least he is semi competent at his job unlike most of the other @#%&!s.

Unread 22-05-2022, 11:17 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
He's not been bad this season, but it's night and day watching him and someone like Alisson. Some will say it doesn't matter for a goalkeeper, but how bad he is with the ball at his feet is concerning.

Think we'll look to replace him next summer, as there seems to be bigger areas to address. I do think a top quality "modern" goalkeeper would make a huge difference to us, but time will tell.
Unless he is going to change his game quickly, he’s nowhere close to a ten hag keeper. And that impacts everything ten hag wants to do with how the team plays. Does anyone think de gea will suddenly be able to play like a ten hag keeper?

We’d be better off in ten hag’s first season with Henderson or any average keeper that suits the way ten hag wants to play. Sanchez at Brighton gets mentioned a lot as being far more suitable and he’s not exactly amongst the best in the world or hugely expensive. .

It should be no different to when Guardiola went to city and immediately f***ed off joe hart. But at united, it probably won’t be allowed to happen for financial reasons. Which means next season would be a write off and much harder for ten hag to do what he wants with laying the foundations. It could easily destroy ten hag’s united career before he starts.

Unread 22-05-2022, 11:38 AM
dunk

There’s a 3 minute highlight reel of his kicking this season knocking about, and it is all him slicing it out of play, giving it straight to the opposition and putting defenders in trouble. It’s £#%&!ing horrendous.

He’s the same as every other bastard at the club, he’s capable at one aspect of his job, and sometimes he forgets to do that, and shore at everything else.

Unread 22-05-2022, 12:23 PM
Sharders

Tbf he did have a good season relative to the rest of the shite. If it werent for him and Ronaldo, utd would be bottom half/third easy.

Unread 22-05-2022, 01:17 PM
Denis Irwell

We routinely had keepers that made great saves against us when we were good.

Ok keepers make great saves. Most come out for crosses. Most come off their line to stop a striker having a free shot at them.

He’s a shithouse.

Still has Andy Carroll nightmares. Had a nightmare vs Andy Carroll.

Unread 22-05-2022, 06:50 PM
20LEgend1999

"I want to forget this season and be 100% ready for the next season and be positive. It has been horrible, a very bad season in all ways, it has been very tough. It is time to rest and prepare your minds for next season."

"Ones who want to stay, stay at the club. Ones that don't want to stay go out. You don't have to stay here."

"The best thing that happened today is the season has finished."

"The new manager and staff are already looking for new players. Hopefully they bring good ones with good character."

De Gea on playing under Ten Hag: “I cannot wait. I am excited for the next season, new manager, new players. Hopefully we will improve put Manchester United in a better position. We need to trust in the future."

Unread 22-05-2022, 06:53 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
"I want to forget this season and be 100% ready for the next season and be positive. It has been horrible, a very bad season in all ways, it has been very tough. It is time to rest and prepare your minds for next season."

"Ones who want to stay, stay at the club. Ones that don't want to stay go out. You don't have to stay here."

"The new manager and staff are already looking for new players. Hopefully they bring good ones with good character."

De Gea on playing under Ten Hag: “I cannot wait. I am excited for the next season, new manager, new players. Hopefully we will improve put Manchester United in a better position. We need to trust in the future."
And there is the problem at United. Fair play to De Gea for calling them all out. They need to do one; the new manager needs to get rid of all those who don’t want to be there, or who think they are more important than the manager or the supporters.

Unread 22-05-2022, 06:59 PM
AK14

Quote:

Cheeky bastard talking about character.

Should let him go on a free when his contract is up, because there’s no way we’re selling him on those ridiculous wages.

Unread 22-05-2022, 08:13 PM
silv

Quote:

I wonder who are considered the bad apples at the club

Unread 22-05-2022, 08:14 PM
My Name is Heath

Exclamation DDG is like:

Unread 22-05-2022, 08:42 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
I wonder who are considered the bad apples at the club

Unread 22-05-2022, 09:00 PM
Joe Biden

I'd take him over that clown in citys goal. Could play in midfield ederson. Maybe he £#%&!ing should.
Closed Thread