United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-05-2022, 04:36 PM
Zorg

Default De Gea: I had a great season

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...nited-24024171

“It will always have been a tough season for us, but I am very proud of my season, to be honest."

"I worked really hard in the summer to come here, to be ready to play, to show my qualities and to try to help the team and I think I did very well, the best and good as I can. I think I played very consistent this season and I helped the team a lot, so I'm happy with my performance. Maybe it's one of my best seasons. I've had very good seasons before but I think it's been a very good one."

Dave

Unread 21-05-2022, 04:38 PM
dunk

£#%&!ing sack him.

Unread 21-05-2022, 04:55 PM
Bunker Buster

Great season pal, any chance you could come off your line next year you weak, goth, shrew, dick...

Unread 21-05-2022, 05:04 PM
Dr Stranger

Hi Dave,

Read the room.

Many thanks.

P.S. no, you didn’t.

Unread 21-05-2022, 05:09 PM
dunk

He’s absolutely £#%&!.

Unread 21-05-2022, 05:40 PM
Blomq15

He’s had a good season, it’s the players in front of him that have been the problem.

*checks forum rules*

I mean, Dave you’re a @#%&!.

Unread 21-05-2022, 05:47 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blomq15
He’s had a good season, it’s the players in front of him that have been the problem.

*checks forum rules*

I mean, Dave you’re a @#%&!.
You got it right second time. Good effort.

Unread 21-05-2022, 06:00 PM
Blomq15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You got it right second time. Good effort.

Unread 21-05-2022, 06:29 PM
ZiggyStardust

Unread 21-05-2022, 06:40 PM
NedKelly

Basically just stopped short of calling Maguire a useless #@&%! there.

Unread 21-05-2022, 07:16 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

Unread 21-05-2022, 07:35 PM
Dasilvatwins

Just add him to the list of @#%&!s at the club

Even if he had a top season ( he hasn’t, he has made some good saves but also made some stupid decisions that cost goals. ) even if he had a top season based on what’s happened to United this season you do not say shit like this.

Once again a “me before the club” attitude . £#%&! him off , no keeper should be on 300k a week anyway

Unread 21-05-2022, 07:38 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Just add him to the list of @#%&!s at the club

Even if he had a top season ( he hasn’t, he has made some good saves but also made some stupid decisions that cost goals. ) even if he had a top season based on what’s happened to United this season you do not say shit like this.

Once again a “me before the club” attitude . £#%&! him off , no keeper should be on 300k a week anyway
He’s a good at top saves, that’s it. The rest of his game is garbage and he frequently fluffs the more awkward shots.

ETH likes keepers who are good with the ball at their feet, so that’s him knackered.

Him, Maguire, rashford, Shaw will all be on the Watchlist this season and are temporarily safe while there’s more pressing issues.

Unread 21-05-2022, 07:43 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
He’s a good at top saves, that’s it. The rest of his game is garbage and he frequently fluffs the more awkward shots.

ETH likes keepers who are good with the ball at their feet, so that’s him knackered.

Him, Maguire, rashford, Shaw will all be on the Watchlist this season and are temporarily safe while there’s more pressing issues.
Bang on. He’s not going anywhere this season atleast, like you said, more pressing issues , but the frustrating thing here is Woodward has him on a 300k a week contract . Who will want him? Who can afford his wages?

You’d probably say he would be one of only three captains at the club but after reading this you can tell he shouldn’t be considered. Can’t do the basics of reading the room, realising As a team where they are and almost distancing himself from the shit@#%&!s FC

You realise how silly it is to say the things he did when you compare it to a leak. Say it was a leak that “de gea is happy with his performances this season” and was released by some journalist. They’d be boiled piss

Unread 21-05-2022, 07:46 PM
dunk

If they flog Henderson, I'd like them to buy a genuinely promising young keeper around 22/23 and have them actually compete. De Gea would be on the bench by Christmas imo.

Brighton managed to get Sanchez from somewhere, so they're out there. Milan got Maignan. There are keepers to be had. They don't have to be perfect, a competent front foot goalkeeper would instantly improve us massively.

Unread 21-05-2022, 07:51 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
If they flog Henderson, I'd like them to buy a genuinely promising young keeper around 22/23 and have them actually compete. De Gea would be on the bench by Christmas imo.

Brighton managed to get Sanchez from somewhere, so they're out there. Milan got Maignan. There are keepers to be had. They don't have to be perfect, a competent front foot goalkeeper would instantly improve us massively.
Don’t know much about him but apparently that Sanchez fella is good on the ball and is a good keeper. Tap him up and put a 15 million take or leave it bid. Bin henderson for 20/25 mill and ease out de gea next summer

Unread 21-05-2022, 07:53 PM
dunk

Quote:
Don’t know much about him but apparently that Sanchez fella is good on the ball and is a good keeper. Tap him up and put a 15 million take or leave it bid. Bin henderson for 20/25 mill and ease out de gea next summer
Swap Hendo and £10m imo.

Unread 21-05-2022, 07:54 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Swap Hendo and £10m imo.
Or that. Worth noting de gea had a shit 3-4 season before this one. For the wages he’s on he shouldn’t be making more than 2 mistakes all season which lead to goals.

I can’t remember if it was this season against Arsenal ( try to wipe most of it out of memory) but I think Fred stood on his foot and he dropped like a bitch when the ball was still in play 10/15 yards away from him. Play through the pain for 15/30 seconds let the ball leave the box properly then fall and stop the play

It can’t have been that bad and as he wasn’t taken off injured nor did he miss any matches or have any confirmed broken bones

Unread 21-05-2022, 07:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
Or that. Worth noting de gea had a shit 3-4 season before this one. For the wages he’s on he shouldn’t be making more than 2 mistakes all season which lead to goals.

I can’t remember if it was this season against Arsenal ( try to wipe most of it out of memory) but I think Fred stood on his foot and he dropped like a bitch when the ball was still in play 10/15 yards away from him. Play through the pain for 15/30 seconds let the ball leave the box properly then fall and stop the play

It can’t have been that bad and as he wasn’t taken off injured nor did he miss any matches or have any confirmed broken bones
Oh I note...

Unread 21-05-2022, 08:16 PM
utd99

De Gea’s only good when we’re shit.
Closed Thread