United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-03-2014, 12:12 PM
Zorg

Football Arjen Robben on tomorrow's match

Quote:
"Bayern have no fear of United at all," he told the Sunday Mirror.

"Take our game against Schalke the other week. We played in such a high tempo, that we were 4-0 up within 30 minutes. We don't let our opponents come up for air. That is the Bayern of Guardiola.

"Guardiola has turned us into the most dominant team in Europe. We have made another giant step as a team this season.

"We are more dominant than we have been. From the very first minute we put massive pressure on our opponents and are capable of keeping the ball and putting them under pressure for the full 90 minutes.

"Guardiola is very demanding. He asks a lot from his players. Every day it is so intense. But I love that. Our playing style is even more attacking than last year. Then we used to play compact, and we let the other team come into our half sometimes, so we could hit them with the counter-attack.

"But this manager is tactically so strong. He is always pointing out where we can find the space to get one-on-one situations. He teaches us to make quick sprints and runs without the ball.

"So it becomes a total clockwork. It is fascinating to play in that system. The chances of winning more trophies in the next few years are huge."
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...unichs-3298876

Unread 31-03-2014, 12:13 PM
Harri Jaffa

10 - 0 Bayern

Unread 31-03-2014, 12:16 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
10 - 0 Bayern

Unread 31-03-2014, 12:18 PM
The Watcher

Honestly reckon United will suffer the most humiliating home defeat in its European history at OT tomorrow. Assuming the Bayern players haven't spent all week on the piss after wrapping up the German title, I cannot see how we'll keep the score respectable.

Unread 31-03-2014, 12:18 PM
suedeshoes

Cool

Buttner won't give him a kick (He won't be able to catch him)

Unread 31-03-2014, 12:21 PM
boreez

I hope they get a goal deflected off Moyes's face.

Unread 31-03-2014, 12:21 PM
Lok

Bayern want to be careful. If they show us such disrespect it will come back to haunt them. They might only win 5-0 as a result of such foolhardy bravado.

Unread 31-03-2014, 12:22 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Buttner won't give him a kick
"I'm looking forward to playing against Bayern," insisted Buttner. "I've played two games now and I'm starting to get a good feeling, because I thought I played well against West Ham and Aston Villa.

5-0 Bayern. 85% posession.

12-0 agg

Unread 31-03-2014, 12:24 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Honestly reckon United will suffer the most humiliating home defeat in its European history at OT tomorrow. Assuming the Bayern players haven't spent all week on the piss after wrapping up the German title, I cannot see how we'll keep the score respectable.
Even if they don't score that many, the possession will be a complete embarrassment. There will be "olés" after 10 minutes. We really can't play against possession/high tempo based teams, and Guardiola's are the ultimate. Wonder what tactical masterplan Moyes has got up his sleeves?

Unread 31-03-2014, 12:26 PM
Harri Jaffa

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral
Even if they don't score that many, the possession will be a complete embarrassment. There will be "olés" after 10 minutes. We really can't play against possession/high tempo based teams, and Guardiola's are the ultimate. Wonder what tactical masterplan Moyes has got up his sleeves?
He's going to ask Wellbeck to man mark Alonso

Unread 31-03-2014, 12:27 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Unread 31-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Mr Castro

Good to know at least one team relishes the thought of playing at Old Trafford.

Unread 31-03-2014, 12:31 PM
waynes ear's

At least Thiago will finally see OT

and probably score

Unread 31-03-2014, 12:31 PM
Sparky***

I forgot this game was tomorrow.

I honestly may just go out to work. I just can't take it any more. It's breaking my £#%&!ing heart to watch us get a kicking every week.

Unread 31-03-2014, 12:35 PM
Ethers

Would £#%&!ing love us to shove those words back down his throat the £#%&!ing slap headed one footed limp wristed bastard.

I don't think it will be the massacre everyone expects tbh. Probably lose 2-1, which is really the worst of all worlds. I either want a United win, or a humiliating defeat to finally end Moyes.

Unread 31-03-2014, 12:36 PM
Norm

Surely if we get absolutely dicked 4 or 5 nil the @#%&! will be sacked or hand in his resignation. That's where I am today. This would be normal wouldn't it?

Unread 31-03-2014, 12:40 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
The two sides were evenly matched in 2010 when we played them last. Since then United have spent considerably more in the transfer market, failing to address any of the long term issues with the midfield and managed to get a lot worse relative to Bayern. That’s some achievement by the club

Unread 31-03-2014, 12:41 PM
Aman27deep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
At least Thiago will finally see OT

and probably score
Injured

Unread 31-03-2014, 12:41 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm
Surely if we get absolutely dicked 4 or 5 nil the @#%&! will be sacked or hand in his resignation. That's where I am today. This would be normal wouldn't it?
No £#%&!ing chance, the blokes got skin like a rhino's arse

Unread 31-03-2014, 12:42 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Closed Thread