United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-01-2015, 07:45 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
He's a millionaire with a decent job. For the sake of him earning a few more quid he's contributing to the death of united's fan culture. Half and half scarves, YouTube channels, £270 a night hotels.. What next?
Ginners and sparky doing the half time draw

Unread 15-01-2015, 07:53 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
next time you are up for a pay rise or a bonus or anyway of a more turn it down.
Wasn't it you that said when Nestle killed loads of African kids through dodgy milk poweder that it was a great business decision and you aspire to be that succesful. Excuse me if I don't care what your thoughts are on this matter

Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
He's a millionaire with a decent job. For the sake of him earning a few more quid he's contributing to the death of united's fan culture. Half and half scarves, YouTube channels, £270 a night hotels.. What next?
You growing up.

How do you feel about Rooney holding United to ransom till he got his £300k per week when he scores a goal?

plopborsky

Quote:
what is our fan culture? and how is this its death?

Unread 15-01-2015, 07:54 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Ginners and sparky doing the half time draw
they should bring back cashdash.

Unread 15-01-2015, 07:55 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
Wasn't it you that said when Nestle killed loads of African kids through dodgy milk poweder that it was a great business decision and you aspire to be that succesful. Excuse me if I don't care what your thoughts are on this matter

ffs excused

Unread 15-01-2015, 07:58 PM
Wez

Boiled piss everywhere

Who gives a £#%&! what he charges, I wont be staying there and I'm pretty sure no one on here will be

Who cares

Unread 15-01-2015, 07:59 PM
no fun

Quote:
Lads in denim jackets with united scarves tied round their wrists loitering near Warwick rd train station waiting to attack the away fans coaches as they arrive

Blokes in their overalls, just out of their factory in Trafford park, sat in the dog and partridge having a double diamond

Young lads in duffel coats queuing up at 1pm to pay into the stretty, then climbing over to the seats at the back

Lads from collyhurst having a laugh with the religious nutter with his "Jesus saves" banners outside the souvenir shop

Unread 15-01-2015, 08:07 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Buying chips on Matt busby way over a 3 course meal in Gary Neville land. Talking to your mates about what you thought of the game instead of standing in front of a camera to appear on YouTube. Wearing a United scarf instead of a half and half one (if you wear scarves). Having a few beers in town or at a pub around old Trafford instead of a shiny hotel with people paying £270 a night. Basically being working class while going to watch 'the working class game'.

Unread 15-01-2015, 08:10 PM
no fun

Quote:
Buying chips on Matt busby way over a 3 course meal in Gary Neville land. Talking to your mates about what you thought of the game instead of standing in front of a camera to appear on YouTube. Wearing a United scarf instead of a half and half one (if you wear scarves). Having a few beers in town or at a pub around old Trafford instead of a shiny hotel with people paying £270 a night. Basically being working class while going to watch 'the working class game'.
Love the sentiment, but it's not been a working class game since at least 1990

Unread 15-01-2015, 08:13 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
So before Ryan was born. It's cute that he's nostalgic about something he's never experienced. Personally, I'm yearning for rickets and rationing.

Unread 15-01-2015, 08:14 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
So before Ryan was born. It's cute that he's nostalgic about something he's never experienced. Personally, I'm yearning for rickets and rationing.
Move back to Pendleton, it's a matter of weeks away

Unread 15-01-2015, 08:15 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Move back to Pendleton, it's a matter of weeks away
I was talking about the symptoms rather than the cause.

Unread 15-01-2015, 08:16 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Just because you're paying too much for a ticket, it doesn't mean you have to conform to the way things are changing. If you've enjoyed going to the match and doing exactly the same things on a match day then there's not really any reason to change what or where you do what you do.

Unread 15-01-2015, 08:22 PM
no fun

Quote:
Just because you're paying too much for a ticket, it doesn't mean you have to conform to the way things are changing. If you've enjoyed going to the match and doing exactly the same things on a match day then there's not really any reason to change what or where you do what you do.
Difference is razzer, being an old @#%&! I can recall when it truly was a working class sport, affordable for sub human scum from places like miles platting and Burnage. It's completely unrecognisable now, and a few blokes eating chips with gravy outside LMC is just pissing in the wind

Unread 15-01-2015, 08:23 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Buying chips on Matt busby way over a 3 course meal in Gary Neville land -

you can buy food from anywhere what if I don't like chips? .

Talking to your mates about what you thought of the game instead of standing in front of a camera to appear on YouTube.

if you think that we did not have loud mouth dick heads speaking on behalf of united support you have lost it. Now they just have a platform to do it. Don't watch youtube don't care talk to your mates.

Wearing a United scarf instead of a half and half one (if you wear scarves)

don't care what people wear. Years ago it was people having a united shirt on at a match now its ok and its the half and halfs again don't care. Football fashion has never been a topic of interest when I have been to a game I just laugh..

Having a few beers in town or at a pub around old Trafford instead of a shiny hotel with people paying £270 a night.

Again you can still do that this hotel is not for the working class as you say but nor is any sports team or live event. it wil never be that way. have a pint with your mates and enjoy it.

Basically being working class while going to watch 'the working class game'.

sounds like you have an issue with people taking your working class badge of you. its ok. Going to the games is what you make it not what everyone else is doing.
let me answer this for you.

Unread 15-01-2015, 08:35 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Difference is razzer, being an old @#%&! I can recall when it truly was a working class sport, affordable for sub human scum from places like miles platting and Burnage. It's completely unrecognisable now, and a few blokes eating chips with gravy outside LMC is just pissing in the wind
It would take something away one day if Matt busby way was dead because everyone was sat or stood around £270 a night hotels or nice places to eat.
Quote:
let me answer this for you.
Chips were an example. I don't give a £#%&! what people choose to eat on match day, my point is that having nice restaurants and places to stay warm and comfortable attracts a new crowd, maybe someone who doesn't really give a £#%&! about united but has plenty money to spend and nothing to do on a saturday. People like this take the fun away for the people that have being going years.

If it wasn't for united youtube channels, im guessing no one would have a clue about Andy Tate other than the the poor bastards that he gobs off to.

Unread 15-01-2015, 08:41 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
It would take something away one day if Matt busby way was dead because everyone was sat or stood around £270 a night hotels or nice places to eat.

Chips were an example. I don't give a £#%&! what people choose to eat on match day, my point is that having nice restaurants and places to stay warm and comfortable attracts a new crowd, maybe someone who doesn't really give a £#%&! about united but has plenty money to spend and nothing to do on a saturday. People like this take the fun away for the people that have being going years.

If it wasn't for united youtube channels, im guessing no one would have a clue about Andy Tate other than the the poor bastards that he gobs off to.
keep doing what you have been doing. Not everyone enjoys drink a 4 pack of fosters in the street with a tray full of chips and gravy. This is for those that want to enjoy a different type of "match day experience" this is all about personal preference.

btw if you would have said selfie stick you would have won the argument

Unread 15-01-2015, 08:42 PM
Nani

Don't understand the problem. If you need to stay at a hotel to support your team you're probably supporting the wrong team. Even most ooters don't need to stay in hotels Not ripping off fans, Just making money off the daytrippers. Going to take a massive revolution not just at united, but in English football in general, to reverse the current trend of football fans. Neville's hotel isn't the problem - he's just in a nice position to make some money off the 'modern' fan.

Neville's also claiming on Twitter that his pints are the same price or cheaper than others in the area, if so fair play. Last time I drank in the pubs around OT they were ripping everyone off anyway.

Live abroad now and generally quite priced out of going to united anyway, but the the final nail in the coffin wasn't the ticket prices, but when trafford council stopped everyone drinking tinnies outside the ground and must have spent a fortune (or the club got charged for it) on large amounts of Nazi police to enforce it. Of course there are still places to drink tinnies, but my favourite part of a match day was with my mates on the streets near the ground having a beer.Didnt feel the least bit sorry for the local residents either, given that they chose to live next to a football stadium.

Unread 15-01-2015, 08:53 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
keep doing what you have been doing. Not everyone enjoys drink a 4 pack of fosters in the street with a tray full of chips and gravy. This is for those that want to enjoy a different type of "match day experience" this is all about personal preference.

btw if you would have said selfie stick you would have won the argument
I was going to mention them but i'm yet to see one at Old trafford.
Closed Thread