United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-05-2018, 07:58 AM
doudou

Default Article on alleged doping

Decent this, puts together a lot of circumstantial evidence already in the public domain:
https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-36943284.html

Unread 25-05-2018, 08:29 AM
Lok

Good article.

I doubt the truth will ever come out. There's no doubt that If we hadn't come up against that Barcelona side we'd have won 2 more European cups

Unread 25-05-2018, 09:10 AM
Whip Hubley

Nothing to see here

It goes on... In 2012 journalist Graham Hunter with his huge insight into Spanish football popped up on Off The Ball and talked confidently about how Xavi was suffering from a chronic condition and was "taking growth hormones that got him through this last year". When pressed, he again stated the claim and that if HGH was wrong, they are in trouble as it was done very publicly and it was "an injection Barcelona have been using to deal with muscle strains and fatigue over the last couple of years". Quickly after, that interview Hunter reneged for unknown reasons. Granted we already know Barcelona used HGH on a teenage Lionel Messi due to concerns over his size.

Unread 25-05-2018, 09:16 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Nothing to see here

It goes on... In 2012 journalist Graham Hunter with his huge insight into Spanish football popped up on Off The Ball and talked confidently about how Xavi was suffering from a chronic condition and was "taking growth hormones that got him through this last year". When pressed, he again stated the claim and that if HGH was wrong, they are in trouble as it was done very publicly and it was "an injection Barcelona have been using to deal with muscle strains and fatigue over the last couple of years". Quickly after, that interview Hunter reneged for unknown reasons. Granted we already know Barcelona used HGH on a teenage Lionel Messi due to concerns over his size.
I think the only fair and obvious thing to do here is strip the dirty cheating Spanish sides of any European trophies between 2009 and 2011, and award them to the runners-up.

Unread 25-05-2018, 09:31 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
I think the only fair and obvious thing to do here is strip the dirty cheating Spanish sides of any European trophies between 2009 and 2011, and award them to the runners-up.
it'll never happen, not only because the spanish authorities will have well covered up any hint of it by now, but it would affect football as a whole - the "greatest club side of all time" cheated their way to success? World cups won off the back of doping?

the money train would be de-railed and the FIFA, UEFA and anyone who makes any money from the gravy train wouldn't let that happen

I'm not conspiracy theorist but I have absolutely no doubt it happened and happens, but no one knows to what extent

Unread 25-05-2018, 10:46 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
And their manager be given a retrospective ban of, well let's say ten years, so anything he may have won in the interim be similarly scotched from the record and awarded to the runners-up.

Seems reasonable.

Unread 25-05-2018, 11:08 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
And their manager be given a retrospective ban of, well let's say ten years, so anything he may have won in the interim be similarly scotched from the record and awarded to the runners-up.

Seems reasonable.

Wow. Proper subby against siders, thought you 2 were thick as thieves...?

Unread 25-05-2018, 11:12 AM
Sparky***

City are up to their £#%&!ing eyeballs in it too. Mark my words.

Unread 25-05-2018, 11:16 AM
andyroo

Quote:

Unread 25-05-2018, 11:16 AM
AK14

Quote:
Unbelievable Jeff!

Unread 25-05-2018, 11:23 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Unbelievable Jeff!
Don't see it myself. I don't associate Siders with Guardiola. Sure we both wanted him to manage United rather than them @#%&!s, and us to have nothing to do with this @#%&!, but that's as far as it goes.

Now Guardiola is with them I wish him nothing but misery and misfortune obviously, but that's not working very well.

Unread 25-05-2018, 11:25 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Don't see it myself. I don't associate Siders with Guardiola. Sure we both wanted him to manage United rather than them @#%&!s, and us to have nothing to do with this @#%&!, but that's as far as it goes.

Now Guardiola is with them I wish him nothing but misery and misfortune obviously, but that's not working very well.
Fraudiola, surely?

Unread 25-05-2018, 11:35 AM
AK14

Thumbs up

Quote:

Only messing pal

Unread 25-05-2018, 04:37 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
City are up to their £#%&!ing eyeballs in it too. Mark my words.
I honestly don't know how true that is tbh - but one thing is for sure, our intrepid football "journalists" have £#%&! all interest in finding out.

Unread 25-05-2018, 04:57 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I honestly don't know how true that is tbh - but one thing is for sure, our intrepid football "journalists" have £#%&! all interest in finding out.
Guardiola is up to his neck in it. He’s had no reason to change.

I’d say klopp probably is too. Given the style his teams play and his comments about football not having a problem.

Unread 25-05-2018, 05:01 PM
andyroo

Berts have run away with the league?

Vermin are in a European Cup final?

United are playing like slugs on Mogadon?

Impossible! The rest of them must be on DRUGS!

Unread 25-05-2018, 05:04 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
You'd be very naive to think there's nothing going on. Given Guardiola's own history with performance enhancing drugs and the fact that he was in charge at Barcelona during the period in which all this alleged doping was taking place in Spanish football.

Then half of the barca hierarchy from that time all end up at Manchester City, including Guardiola himself. Like i said, you'd have to be a fool to not even consider it a strong possibility.

The astonishing turnaround in their performance levels within the space of a year of him being there and the record breaking numbers they've posted only serve to increase the level of suspicion.

Unread 25-05-2018, 05:04 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Berts have run away with the league?

Vermin are in a European Cup final?

United are playing like slugs on Mogadon?

Impossible! The rest of them must be on DRUGS!
We probably are/were too.

Unread 25-05-2018, 05:05 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Well we should get our money back because it isn't £#%&!ing working.

Unread 25-05-2018, 05:05 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
We've got the bad shit.
Closed Thread