Unread 25-05-2018, 11:29 AM
atticusgrinch

Only if he grows the top knot again.

Unread 25-05-2018, 11:31 AM
andyroo

Aldi Zlatan

Unread 25-05-2018, 12:08 PM
Curtis

They know each other from Inter. Jose took the piss out of him for being shit at time keeping. Eventually gave him the watch off his wrist when Arnautović turned up 5 hours early for training one day.

I'm not endorsing us signing the guy by any stretch. 'Massively inconsistent' seems to be his benchmark trait. It would then be very strange for Jose to want someone who embodies the exact thing he said we lacked this season.

That said, I'd still rather him than a rapidly decaying Mandzukic. At least he's got some miles left in his legs and a point to prove.

Unread 25-05-2018, 12:10 PM
puressence

Number 10 shirt instant hero

Unread 25-05-2018, 12:27 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Remember when Brendan Rodgers signed Rickie Lambert and we all took the piss.

People who have been saying all our problems stem from Fergie buying shit like Valencia endorsing this balls.

Unread 25-05-2018, 12:30 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Remember when Brendan Rodgers signed Rickie Lambert and we all took the piss.

People who have been saying all our problems stem from Fergie buying shit like Valencia endorsing this balls.
It's a £#%&!ing back up striker

Unread 25-05-2018, 12:31 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
It's a £#%&!ing back up striker

Unread 25-05-2018, 12:36 PM
andyroo

All piss and wind, we're not signing him anyway.

Are we?

Unread 25-05-2018, 12:47 PM
dunk

Might be an inspired signing tbf, always thought there was something about him at Stoke. It's the plan behind signing him and what it points to for our football that is disheartening. Basically confirming hoofball as Plan A, B and C

Unread 25-05-2018, 12:52 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
It's a f***ing back up striker
A shit player is a shit player, Darmian's a back up fullback and I don't see anyone saying ah well he's shit but he's only a squad player.

There could be rumours of Mourinho signing any old £#%&!ing £#%&! and you'd find some way to rationalize it.

Unread 25-05-2018, 01:18 PM
Jethro

Quote:
A shit player is a shit player, Darmian's a back up fullback and I don't see anyone saying ah well he's shit but he's only a squad player.

There could be rumours of Mourinho signing any old £#%&!ing £#%&! and you'd find some way to rationalize it.
Course I would pal

There's assessing a potential buy or flapping around like a fanny.

Unread 25-05-2018, 01:32 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
A shit player is a shit player, Darmian's a back up fullback and I don't see anyone saying ah well he's shit but he's only a squad player
Our descent into mediocrity is depressing as £#%&!.

'back-up' strikers ..we used to have a pool of interchangeable top quality forwards. All match winners on their day.
Now we're courting Stoke players to back up our Heskey'esque target man.

Like dunk says, it's like a bad £#%&!ing dream.

We should be building a team around Rashford & Martial ffs.. we should persevere with these young quality players.
£#%&!ing ugly, disgusting road we're taking nqat

Unread 25-05-2018, 01:34 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

'back-up' strikers ..we used to have a pool of interchangeable top quality forwards. All match winners on their day.

We should be building a team around Rashford & Martial ffs.. we should persevere with these young quality players.
But we came 2nd?

We finished only 19pts behind city.

Means to an end mate.

Unread 25-05-2018, 01:44 PM
Jethro

Bet Fred would have been buzzing at the prospect of a 31 year old Sherringham or some lad from Molde signing back in the day.

Unread 25-05-2018, 01:50 PM
Lok

He's a much better player than people are giving him credit for. Far more than just a lump that you can send long balls to.

If he always had the right attitude he'd be at a much bigger club. But he doesn't and probably never will. So I can't imagine we're actually trying to sign him.

Who knows, he might see it as his last chance at a big club and sort himself out.

Unread 25-05-2018, 01:53 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

I appreciated the sentiment but it seems pretty obvious to me certainly rashford, and probably martial, are even anywhere near beging good enough to 'build a team around'.

Unread 25-05-2018, 01:58 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
I appreciated the sentiment but it seems pretty obvious to me certainly rashford, and probably martial, are even anywhere near beging good enough to 'build a team around'.
Yep. The idea that we would is just mental.

People use it as a stick to beat Mourinho with but they've both had plenty of games and the truth is that they're not delivering. Maybe that is Mourinho's fault but they need to take some of the blame.

We need to continue giving them game time and hope they can convert their potential into players we can rely on. But to say we should build the team around them is ludicrous.

We operate (or should be operating) at the same level as Madrid, Barca, Bayern and arguably Juve. Which of those would have given Rashford as much game time as we have given him? Forwards have to deliver, there's no hiding place.

Unread 25-05-2018, 02:08 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
so we have patience for the egomaniac in charge who bores us to tears on a weekly basis, but not 2 highly promising young Footballers who have hit a bump in the road?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
We operate (or should be operating) at the same level as Madrid, Barca, Bayern and arguably Juve. Which of those would have given Rashford as much game time as we have given him? Forwards have to deliver, there's no hiding place.
Yes we should, which is why it depresses me to £#%&! that we have players like Lukaku & Fellaini playing such a key role in things.
Closed Thread