United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-04-2016, 08:17 AM
TheFatGoth

How many #footballfamily reds will stay behind to give a standing ovation to the new champions. Got to get that twitter praise.

Unread 26-04-2016, 08:20 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Team stuttering with finish line in sight? Away at the biggest club in the land who have the best home record in the land? Oh aye, £#%&!ing no chance of United winning
How incredibly arrogant.

Nobody is saying United have no chance (well, except sparky.....) but I also don't think it's unreasonable to wonder where any serious optimism is coming from given how stuttering our home performances are and how inconsistent our form.

But it's the dismissal of Leicester that is really quite puzzling. This lot have made a living of preying on people saying 'it's only Leicester ffs' .....to the point where they're going to win the whole thing. Quite comfortably too. They've answered everything that's been thrown at them. They haven't choked in the run-in when everyone said they would. They haven't struggled without vardy like they said they would. They haven't crumbled at Christmas like everyone said they would.

They won at spurs, at city, they've lost three games all season. They score plenty, conceded few and in terms of the kind of teams that give us problems at home (sit back, absorb pressure, hit on the break) they're a nightmare for us.

They are, regardless of their playing staff or their status, the best team in the league. Like it or lump it.

With all this being said, we may very well beat them. We've shown this season that we can compete with anyone, but we've also shown inconsistency that sees us sit fifth in the table.

It's 1st v 5th. That stat doesn't give a shit that we're the 'biggest club in the land'.

2-0 United

Unread 26-04-2016, 08:29 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Team stuttering with finish line in sight? Away at the biggest club in the land who have the best home record in the land? Oh aye, £#%&!ing no chance of United winning
Just the 19 points from 21 & won their last game 4-0.

Mentioning no Vardy would have been acceptable.

Unread 26-04-2016, 08:44 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson

No, it's only Leicester mate

Unread 26-04-2016, 08:49 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson

I meant there's a chance of them stuttering.

And Billy, 'BEST HOME RECORD IN THE LEAGUE' could well be cause for optimism going into a home game? Won 6 of our last 7 games, or somethings along those lines, also pretty fair reason for a sense of optimism going into a game at OT..

Unread 26-04-2016, 09:00 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
I meant there's a chance of them stuttering.

And Billy, 'BEST HOME RECORD IN THE LEAGUE' could well be cause for optimism going into a home game? Won 6 of our last 7 games, or somethings along those lines, also pretty fair reason for a sense of optimism going into a game at OT..
And Leicester have won 4 of their last 5. Does that mean we're 'stuttering' too?

That best home record has also seen us lose to Norwich and Southampton. Don't Leicester have the best away record too?

Our recent form is cause for optimum, fair enough, but it's the dismissal of Leicester I find the most surprising. I certainly don't think they're going to be any way intimidated by us

Unread 26-04-2016, 09:14 AM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Gooner £#%&!ers
I don't remember them getting a standing ovation .
I remember Huth & co getting the guard of honour nonsense in 05 with Chelsea

Unread 26-04-2016, 10:35 AM
Ashley's Grime

Leicester 1 Gerrard 0 all over the ground please, matchgoers.

Unread 26-04-2016, 12:41 PM
75Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley's Grime
Leicester 1 Gerrard 0 all over the ground please, matchgoers.

Unread 26-04-2016, 01:20 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
How incredibly arrogant.

Nobody is saying United have no chance (well, except sparky.....) but I also don't think it's unreasonable to wonder where any serious optimism is coming from given how stuttering our home performances are and how inconsistent our form.

But it's the dismissal of Leicester that is really quite puzzling. This lot have made a living of preying on people saying 'it's only Leicester ffs' .....to the point where they're going to win the whole thing. Quite comfortably too. They've answered everything that's been thrown at them. They haven't choked in the run-in when everyone said they would. They haven't struggled without vardy like they said they would. They haven't crumbled at Christmas like everyone said they would.

They won at spurs, at city, they've lost three games all season. They score plenty, conceded few and in terms of the kind of teams that give us problems at home (sit back, absorb pressure, hit on the break) they're a nightmare for us.

They are, regardless of their playing staff or their status, the best team in the league. Like it or lump it.

With all this being said, we may very well beat them. We've shown this season that we can compete with anyone, but we've also shown inconsistency that sees us sit fifth in the table.

It's 1st v 5th. That stat doesn't give a shit that we're the 'biggest club in the land'.

2-0 United
Unread 26-04-2016, 03:07 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Is it £#%&!. It's a load of jumped up %@#$&!s cooked up because I suggested United are playing well and will win, which flies in the face of th anti-LvG propaganda that permeates this forum in every £#%&!ing thread. United should fear nobody in this £#%&!ing league and expect to beat everyone at OT ffs, regardless of respective league positions, especially when they have the best home record in the league (yes, I apparently have to say it again ). I expect it will be tough, but every league game is. And Leicester don't have the best record at United.

Too many £#%&!ing blouses on here.

Unread 26-04-2016, 03:31 PM
red in cumbria

I agree with dunkers

Its certainly not impossible Leicester will stumble just a bit with the "impossible dream" finally so close they can almost touch it. And it isn't as if we don't have anything to play for.

Unread 26-04-2016, 03:48 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Is it £#%&!. It's a load of jumped up balls cooked up because I suggested United are playing well and will win, which flies in the face of th anti-LvG propaganda that permeates this forum in every £#%&!ing thread. United should fear nobody in this £#%&!ing league and expect to beat everyone at OT ffs, regardless of respective league positions, especially when they have the best home record in the league (yes, I apparently have to say it again ). I expect it will be tough, but every league game is. And Leicester don't have the best record at United.

Too many £#%&!ing blouses on here.
Calm down man Jesus

How does my post have anything to do with being ANTI-LVG ?

I'm merely pointing out where Leicester are and how we compare. It's anything but jumped up because I'm dealing with facts and providing an honest assessment of both sides qualities.

At no point am I saying we should be afraid of anyone (do I have to say it again ), suggesting we'll get @#%&!ted or offering any wider assessment of lvg as a whole. I'm judging the our prospects based purely on the fixtures merits. You seem to be mistaking an assessment of the quality of the opponent as some kind of suggestion we should be running with fear.

Literally the opposite of any kind of agenda.

Please feel free to point out where anything I've said is 'jumped up' or where I deviate from the point to an anti-lvg tirade.

You're the one name-calling, screaming 'agenda' and getting cyber-tetchy at the notion that the new soon-to-champioms might, funnily enough, provide stern opposition.

Blouse. Ah yes, because suggesting a team being four places above you means they are better than you, makes you a girl.

You're all for 'we should fear no-one at home. Freedooooooom! ' in one breath, but are happy to generally point out that our players are not adequate or we had no divine right to qualify from an easy champions league group. So which is it? A team in transition, one you're happy to back an under-fire lvg to see out? Or are we Manchester United? The biggest club in the country who should be afraid of anyone!

Pick a lane mate. And stop bitching at people who dare to have an opposing opinion by screaming 'agenda'.....because that's actually having an agenda.

2-1 United

Unread 26-04-2016, 03:55 PM
S/Side.Red

Thought we were the better side at their place. I expect a win given how much we need it.

Get Mensah on that Mahrez @#%&! and I think we'll take the points #tactics

Unread 26-04-2016, 03:58 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Thought we were the better side at their place. I expect a win given how much we need it.

Get Mensah on that Mahrez c*** and I think we'll take the points #tactics
Nonsense. £#%&!ing nonsense. More pro-lvg bullshit. Can't believe you said we'll win 4-0. Who wants some? Do YOU want some? Eh? EH?

Unread 26-04-2016, 03:59 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Calm down man Jesus

How does my post have anything to do with being ANTI-LVG ?

I'm merely pointing out where Leicester are and how we compare. It's anything but jumped up because I'm dealing with facts and providing an honest assessment of both sides qualities.

At no point am I saying we should be afraid of anyone (do I have to say it again ), suggesting we'll get @#%&!ted or offering any wider assessment of lvg as a whole. I'm judging the our prospects based purely on the fixtures merits. You seem to be mistaking an assessment of the quality of the opponent as some kind of suggestion we should be running with fear.

Literally the opposite of any kind of agenda.

Please feel free to point out where anything I've said is 'jumped up' or where I deviate from the point to an anti-lvg tirade.

You're the one name-calling, screaming 'agenda' and getting cyber-tetchy at the notion that the new soon-to-champioms might, funnily enough, provide stern opposition.

Blouse. Ah yes, because suggesting a team being four places above you means they are better than you, makes you a girl.

You're all for 'we should fear no-one at home. Freedooooooom! ' in one breath, but are happy to generally point out that our players are not adequate or we had no divine right to qualify from an easy champions league group. So which is it? A team in transition, one you're happy to back an under-fire lvg to see out? Or are we Manchester United? The biggest club in the country who should be afraid of anyone!

Pick a lane mate. And stop bitching at people who dare to have an opposing opinion by screaming 'agenda'.....because that's actually having an agenda.

2-1 United
It evidently wasn't that easy a CL group given that PSV took Atletico to penalties and Wolfsburg got to the QF's and beat Real at home.

Unread 26-04-2016, 04:00 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
It evidently wasn't that easy a CL group given that PSV took Atletico to penalties and Wolfsburg got to the QF's and beat Real at home.
Really Really REALLY not the point....

Unread 26-04-2016, 04:02 PM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up

Quote:
Nonsense. £#%&!ing nonsense. More pro-lvg bullshit. Can't believe you said we'll win 4-0. Who wants some? Do YOU want some? Eh? EH?

Good Sparky and Billy impression pal

Oh.

Unread 26-04-2016, 04:03 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Really Really REALLY not the point....
Okaaaaayyyy

Unread 26-04-2016, 04:05 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Okaaaaayyyy

It was an example of something Dunk has said in the past to (fairly imo) suggest we're a working progress and shouldn't be 'expected' to qualify from any CL group given our lack of recent experience (correct me if I'm wrong, Dunk)......yet plays the 'we are Manchester United' card on this thread. Quite the opposite of the CL group argument.
Closed Thread