United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-12-2013, 04:29 PM
Shooter McGavin

If we had yaya toure and fernandinho in centre mid where would we be in the league?

Unread 14-12-2013, 04:29 PM
TC23 Henchasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
What like Bayern Munich you mean?
Oh Jesus Christ you have got to be kidding me? Munich that had already qualified and were strolling about with cigars in their mouth?

Listen it was a good result but you're a bigger mong than I thought (know) if you give any notice at all to that result.

Unread 14-12-2013, 04:30 PM
Nemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter McGavin
If we had yaya toure and fernandinho in centre mid where would we be in the league?
If they had David Moyes where would they be

Unread 14-12-2013, 04:30 PM
The Return of JC

city were always going to win this. I fancied 3-0. arsenal are shockingly naive in the big head to heads. I never fancy them. How they respond and deal with the lesser teams will determine how seriously we take them. as for City, they were always the most likely contenders and most people's favourites. Their home form is ridiculous and they have that fear factor that we used to have (used to ). their away form and 'togetherness' will determine their fate. I've always felt over the last few years though that if every team in the league plays to their potential, then City would win the league.

As for how we fit in to all this.....we don't. We're nowhere near and not playing anywhere near well enough to entertain ideas of being in the title race. We need to focus on the basics like, you know, not losing three in a row, then we can see where that gets us. If we win five in a row*, then I'll look at the table again.

in short, this result changes nothing.

*we won't.

Unread 14-12-2013, 04:31 PM
TC23 Henchasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo
They will get found out in Europe when it comes to the crunch (hopefully) but they are far and away the best team in the league.
I don't think they are by far and away the best team, they do have far and away the best squad and that will see them walk away with the league.

Unread 14-12-2013, 04:35 PM
Blagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

you're the one that thinks i give a £#%&! what you think
There's no need to act like a child. I'm just pointing out how deluded you are. You ramble on about the value of objective judgement in one thread, and then explicitly proceed to allow your own bias in the assessment of other teams. And when people pull you up on it, you stick your head in the sand - behaviour characteristic of delusion. I mean, has it ever occurred to you that the world doesn't perfectly correspond to your own set of fallible beliefs?

Unread 14-12-2013, 04:36 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC23 Henchasaurus
The usual suspects pissing their pants I see

Shockingly naïve from Arsenal and I'm not arsed what anyone says and time will show I'm right Arsenal have just gone over the hill.

It's been showing signs of coming just lately and today they finally downed tools.

Be silly to say City don't have by far and away the best squad in the league and show they f.ucking should have with the money they've spent but lets not join the embarrassing £#%&!fest that's currently in full swing in the media.

They're still poor ta the back and any well drilled strong counter attacking unit is going to give them big problems.

And none of which matters a jot because we are a million miles away from a well drilled strong counter attacking unit.

I couldn't care less how good city are - and they are very good at the moment although I agree not quite as good as the cringe fest suggests - what I'm more concerned about is how the #@&%!heads who run our club apparently don't have the foggiest, from the manager to the back room staff to the board. We have a rapidly aging squad, of which by my count there are perhaps maybe 7 or 8 players I would say can cut it at the level we should be playing (DDG, Jones, Rafael gets the benefit of the doubt, Januzaj, Carrick, Kagawa, Rooney, RVP. And that's being very generous)

Fergie got out at the right time, and he more than anyone was probably aware how much rebuilding was required. We need at least £200m of investment if we're being honest due to the likes of giggs, rio, vidic, evra who are past it or nearly past it and the amount of deadwood is unreal - Young, Anderson, Fellaini, Valencia, Fabio, Buttner. I don't think welbeck is going to be up to the task, he's certainly nowhere near the level required at the moment and his confidence appears to be shot (or he's just not very good).

4 or 5 genuinely solid players and we'd be right back up there. But that isn't going to happen overnight and may take at least a few seasons to get right. Bumpy ride etc

Unread 14-12-2013, 04:36 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
City to win the bert @#%&!s. Can see it being by 3 clear goals such is their fire power.

Hopefully this will curse them but its a faint hope.
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC23 Henchasaurus
I don't think they are by far and away the best team, they do have far and away the best squad and that will see them walk away with the league.
You've changed your tune I see.

Hopefully they'll top the league sooner rather than later and some pressure will begin to get to them. Clutching at straws to be honest.

Unread 14-12-2013, 04:40 PM
HERTS_RED

Quote:
Sage

You've changed your tune I see.

Hopefully they'll top the league sooner rather than later and some pressure will begin to get to them. Clutching at straws to be honest.
I don't think they were "that" good today, had a lot of luck - Giroud £#%&!ed up a couple and the linesman/ref had a shocker/bribed

Definitely a good team but not as good as people think, imo

Unread 14-12-2013, 04:40 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs down

couldn't be arsed watching it....how did £42million guy Ozil play another man of the match performance to go with all those other ones he has served up in the last few weeks I take it

Unread 14-12-2013, 04:41 PM
HERTS_RED

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
couldn't be arsed watching it....how did £42million guy Ozil play another man of the match performance to go with all those other ones he has served up in the last few weeks I take it
Wheres my £500

Unread 14-12-2013, 04:43 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
He's not a player you want around when the going gets tough....

He's great for a team that is on the attack for most of the time (see: Germany and Madrid) but their giddiness about him is going to come back to bite them because his work rate as a defensive player is precisely zero. Fine if you have players like Lahm, Kedeira, Alonso or Schweinsteiger covering for you but not so fine when you have Arteta and a half arsed cry baby like Wilshere. He was as much of an impulse/panic buy as Fellaini was and not what they really needed.

£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
And none of which matters a jot because we are a million miles away from a well drilled strong counter attacking unit.

I couldn't care less how good city are - and they are very good at the moment although I agree not quite as good as the cringe fest suggests - what I'm more concerned about is how the #@&%!heads who run our club apparently don't have the foggiest, from the manager to the back room staff to the board. We have a rapidly aging squad, of which by my count there are perhaps maybe 7 or 8 players I would say can cut it at the level we should be playing (DDG, Jones, Rafael gets the benefit of the doubt, Januzaj, Carrick, Kagawa, Rooney, RVP. And that's being very generous)

Fergie got out at the right time, and he more than anyone was probably aware how much rebuilding was required. We need at least £200m of investment if we're being honest due to the likes of giggs, rio, vidic, evra who are past it or nearly past it and the amount of deadwood is unreal - Young, Anderson, Fellaini, Valencia, Fabio, Buttner. I don't think welbeck is going to be up to the task, he's certainly nowhere near the level required at the moment and his confidence appears to be shot (or he's just not very good).

4 or 5 genuinely solid players and we'd be right back up there. But that isn't going to happen overnight and may take at least a few seasons to get right. Bumpy ride etc
Rafael has been shit this season mate gone backwards...valencia been much better than him

Arnold Muhren

They will coast the league and will probably get to the semis in Europe.

Unread 14-12-2013, 04:44 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs up

Quote:
He's not a player you want around when the going gets tough....

He's great for a team that is on the attack for most of the time (see: Germany and Madrid) but their giddiness about him is going to come back to bite them because his work rate as a defensive player is precisely zero. Fine if you have players like Lahm, Kedeira, Alonso or Schweinsteiger covering for you but not so fine when you have Arteta and a half arsed cry baby like Wilshere
he had a fight with Ballsacker after the game as well because he reused to wave to their fans

Unread 14-12-2013, 04:44 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERTS_RED
Wheres my £500

Unread 14-12-2013, 04:45 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

Agree with all that. People blaming moyes for the shitfest that fergie left.

He certainly hasn't helped matters buying someone who, if he had streaked hair and was called macca, wouldn't look out of place in a Sunday league team.

Unread 14-12-2013, 04:45 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
They will coast the league and will probably get to the semis in Europe.
nah...their defence is not good enough for Europe hope they get Atleti or Real next

Unread 14-12-2013, 04:46 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Rafael has been shit this season mate gone backwards...valencia been much better than him
Hence the benefit of the doubt - he has been great and I believe he'll get that form back I don't like joining in on the Tony hate because I've always defended him. In fact scratch him from my little list of doom. He's not a world beater but when his head is right he's incredibly value to the team. Still think he should be at right back and Rafael right wing

Quote:
he had a fight with Ballsacker after the game as well because he reused to wave to their fans
Lolz. He'll be gone within 2 seasons if arsenal continue to win nowt.

Unread 14-12-2013, 04:50 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Agree with all that. People blaming moyes for the shitfest that fergie left.

He certainly hasn't helped matters buying someone who, if he had streaked hair and was called macca, wouldn't look out of place in a Sunday league team.
I'm not so much blaming fergie because it's an amalgam of a bunch of factors. But the state he left the squad in is certainly part of it all.

Fwiw I've said all along I have some sympathy for Moyes because he has a huge task on his hands. Cue all the "we won the league by 11 blah blah" argument which completely misses the point regarding the state of the squad.

And no, he certainly didn't £#%&!ing help himself by buying that buffoon. Although he was obviously after other targets.

Everyone has their part to play in the mess at the moment. We'll come good though
Closed Thread