United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-12-2013, 07:25 PM
Michael Myers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Agreed.

I mean, Keane only worked with the man day-in-day-out for a decade, so what would he know about Ferguson compared to some over-opinionated no-mark on the internet?

Unread 11-12-2013, 07:34 PM
Harfynn Teuport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

neo's on ignore, so it's not really relevant
Oh it's relevant

Unread 11-12-2013, 07:44 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harfynn Teuport
Oh it's relevant
i can only speak for myself, obviously

Unread 11-12-2013, 10:11 PM
sub three hours

Just watched it on You tube, and loved it.

If only Keano had the temperament to manage?

Unread 12-12-2013, 01:08 AM
Fountz

Agree, great programme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
He loves Ruud and Stam.
Funny how gradually we're realising what £#%&!ing Lemmings we were ..or should I say some of us were ! ..a player's face no longer fits and we turn our backs on him.. Stam and Ruud being perfect examples. (again, some of us..)

As much as I loved him, remember, what's best for Ferguson isn't neccesarily what's best for United!

Of course, no player is bigger than the club (he told us that many times) ..but neither is the manager.

Unread 12-12-2013, 01:54 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
Agree, great programme.

Funny how gradually we're realising what f***ing Lemmings we were ..or should I say some of us were ! ..a player's face no longer fits and we turn our backs on him.. Stam and Ruud being perfect examples. (again, some of us..)

As much as I loved him, remember, what's best for Ferguson isn't neccesarily what's best for United!

Of course, no player is bigger than the club (he told us that many times) ..but neither is the manager.
There were some egos in that era. You'd have to be fergie to handle them. Can't have it both ways

Unread 12-12-2013, 02:03 AM
Part 36 Offer

His best eleven sums him up tbf. A bitter and twisted lunatic. Great player though and one of my all time footballing heroes.

Is a complete head the ball these days though. Leaving Giggs and Scholes out was a disgrace. £#%&!ing gimp.

Neville on the bench

Unread 12-12-2013, 02:23 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
His best eleven sums him up tbf. A bitter and twisted lunatic. Great player though and one of my all time footballing heroes.

Is a complete head the ball these days though. Leaving Giggs and Scholes out was a disgrace. f***ing gimp.

Neville on the bench

Unread 12-12-2013, 02:40 AM
Drexl

Best bit of TV I've seen since... well I only watch footie and the odd film. But that was mint.

Bantz. Keano won the bantz and won the footie.

"Meow meow I love Arsenal hence why i am recruiting for city" the stupid #@&%!.

Unread 12-12-2013, 03:06 AM
Nemo

Quote:
Keane and Vieira : Best Of Enemies documentary - YouTube

Is a complete head the ball these days though. Leaving Giggs and Scholes out was a disgrace. f***ing gimp.

Neville on the bench
Leaving Giggs out for Ronaldo..... yeah what a crank

Unread 12-12-2013, 03:15 AM
waynes ear's

Great programme

Nice of Keane to poke at the coolmore bullshit

Unread 12-12-2013, 08:33 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Leaving Giggs and Scholes out was a disgrace. £#%&!ing gimp.

Neville on the bench
Not sure if you're aware parters, but we were a pretty decent side in the mid 90s.

Typical of the revisionism on here to deride Ince and Parker. Parker was solid, and Ince was £#%&!ing awesome. I'd personally have gone for Scholes, but that's with the benefit of offering an overview of their overall contribution to club.

Unread 12-12-2013, 08:35 AM
waynes ear's

And scholes not being a big time @#%&!

Unread 12-12-2013, 09:25 AM
fergieslovechild

Quote:
Not sure if you're aware parters, but we were a pretty decent side in the mid 90s.

Typical of the revisionism on here to deride Ince and Parker. Parker was solid, and Ince was f***ing awesome. I'd personally have gone for Scholes, but that's with the benefit of offering an overview of their overall contribution to club.
Ince was good, scholes was better...unless you are roy keane of course.

Unread 12-12-2013, 10:21 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergieslovechild
Ince was good, scholes was better...unless you are roy keane of course.
Yeah, what would he know?

Unread 12-12-2013, 10:39 AM
fergieslovechild

Quote:
Yeah, what would he know?
How to play football?

Iirc he didn't set the world on fire as a manager when putting his teams together.

Unread 12-12-2013, 10:41 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergieslovechild
How to play football?

Iirc he didn't set the world on fire as a manager when putting his teams together.
but he did play along side them which gives him greater insight.

It's his team ffs why can't he pick the players he wants

Unread 12-12-2013, 10:44 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
but he did play along side them which gives him greater insight.

It's his team ffs why can't he pick the players he wants
and lets not forget he picked ince ahead of scholes in midfield. Scholes best performances for united didn't come as a part of midfield 2. He played best when he player further forward either alongside 2 midfielders or in a no 10 position

Unread 12-12-2013, 10:48 AM
Ethers

Did everyone miss the bit where he said he'd leave himself out for Scholesy then??

Unread 12-12-2013, 10:49 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
and lets not forget he picked ince ahead of scholes in midfield. Scholes best performances for united didn't come as a part of midfield 2. He played best when he player further forward either alongside 2 midfielders or in a no 10 position
He was world-class in all three roles you utter gimp.

Ince was a beast, but he's not fit to lace Paul Scholes' boots, tbh.

As Xavi correctly pointed out, he's the best midfielder of the last 20 years, and most of that was playing as part of a midfield 2.
Closed Thread