United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 10-12-2013, 11:15 PM
Sneintzville

We can't rely upon a 40yr old in midfield, i love Giggs but he just hasn't got the legs anymore especially when teams put us under pressure, we played much better when Cleverly came on because he was able to run around a bit more, put faster passes together and track players better.

Hopefully the air of negatively which has been consuming the team can clear up a bit.

Unread 10-12-2013, 11:21 PM
carlosartorial

It's just so indescribably boring to watch...I can think of no worse indictment than that.

Seriously, the drive home was more eventful and nothing happened. Oh, tell a lie - I forgot to get petrol.

£#%&!ING BORING.

Unread 10-12-2013, 11:29 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
I forgot to get petrol.
it's a metaphor for the midfield.

do you want to hear about the falling asleep at the wheel one?

Unread 10-12-2013, 11:49 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

Unread 11-12-2013, 12:08 AM
jem

moyesie's goal celebrations are so gay. I'm glad we don't score much.

Unread 11-12-2013, 12:26 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
@youngy18
Great finish by Jonah to ensure we finished top of our group, should have had a goal myself. Look forward to seeing who we get in the draw!
Bless him.

"We".

Unread 11-12-2013, 12:31 AM
Pop

Keane wasn't impressed tonight....

Unread 11-12-2013, 12:32 AM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Unread 11-12-2013, 12:35 AM
Nemo

We're going to get pummeled by the first decent team we come across, I just hope its Madrid or Bayern and not some no mark @#%&!s like PSG or City.

Unread 11-12-2013, 12:36 AM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
It's just so indescribably boring to watch...I can think of no worse indictment than that.

Seriously, the drive home was more eventful and nothing happened. Oh, tell a lie - I forgot to get petrol.

£#%&!ING BORING.
You're not pretending it was any different than a group game under Fergie in the last three years are you Carlo?

Unread 11-12-2013, 12:36 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop

Hates Young.

Moyes has to get rid, the reaction from the fans has been that way this season when he's gone off.

Unread 11-12-2013, 12:42 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
1 point more than we got in the group stages last season. Just saying like.
Because we won our first four and then stopped trying - still, any straw to clutch at right now

Unread 11-12-2013, 12:43 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Because we won our first four and then stopped trying - still, any straw to clutch at right now

Last time we went undefeated in the group we won it didn't we?

Unread 11-12-2013, 12:54 AM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop

A mate was at Wigan vs Derby, in with the suits thanks to his Uncle (Roger Davies - top straight red vs Juve). Southgate, Ince and Keane were there. He got to speak to all three but couldn't look at Keane for too long because his stare was scaring the shit out of him.

Unread 11-12-2013, 12:57 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
That's some straw you're clutching.

The second half was better but Dixon's warning at the end was spot on, off the ball we're too passive in midfield and it's easy to get at the defence and keeper. United play like the first half tonight against Villa and Villa will win. Until the midfield is sorted with two new additions it's going to carry on like that and tbh, it's been like that in recent seasons too. An opposition player could carry a ball from their own penalty box to United's without any interruption.

Unread 11-12-2013, 01:03 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Default *Official Match thread* Manchester United Nil v Shakhtar 10/12/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
That's some straw you're clutching.

The second half was better but Dixon's warning at the end was spot on, off the ball we're too passive in midfield and it's easy to get at the defence and keeper. United play like the first half tonight against Villa and Villa will win. Until the midfield is sorted with two new additions it's going to carry on like that and tbh, it's been like that in recent seasons too. An opposition player could carry a ball from their own penalty box to United's without any interruption.

It's going to be that way until Carrick is back unfortunately, he's that important to the side.

Hoping that Fletch gets a chance next week at Stoke, done well for the reserves recently and could be a nice game to bring him back.

We just need somebody who can sit in midfield, break up the play & pass the ball forward at a respectable speed & do it consistently for a game. We've a number of players who can do that one or twice but go missing for large spells.

Unread 11-12-2013, 01:11 AM
sudored

Quote:
I would take finishing outside the top 10 and winning the champions league! but only if liverpool finish 4th it would go down as the greatest feeling of my life if that happened!

Unread 11-12-2013, 01:14 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudored
I would take finishing outside the top 10 and winning the champions league! but only if liverpool finish 4th it would go down as the greatest feeling of my life if that happened!

Knowing us we'd get beat in the final.

Really do need to start winning some games. We've got chance to make up some ground on those above now as they've all got some big games coming up (City vs Arsenal on Sat & Arsenal vs Chelsea next week)

Unread 11-12-2013, 01:20 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudored
don't get your hopes up. there's more chance they will be top four and win it next year.

Unread 11-12-2013, 01:31 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Knowing us we'd get beat in the final.

Really do need to start winning some games. We've got chance to make up some ground on those above now as they've all got some big games coming up (City vs Arsenal on Sat & Arsenal vs Chelsea next week)
It's alright saying that but we look as fragile as balsa wood at the moment. If it were a matter of being unlucky or maybe we were scoring goals but letting in too many you could say that we could go on a run if we sorted a couple of mistakes out.

But we're awful. Totally insipid at times, we don't even look like even remotely trouble any top teams.

I'm fully expecting another pitiful performance and result against Villa.