United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-12-2013, 12:43 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I see what youre saying but I think you're ignoring the fact that Ferguson had a track record of success. As you said yourself, in the old job you ruled the roost. So when you went to the new job, you knew you had the ability, hard as it was at first. Moyes has never ruled the roost. He did well at Everton, but he didnt win anything at all. So theres no basis for supposibg that he'll ever be good enough. Put simply there's not enough evidence of enough talent for him to be the manager of Man United. I genuinely hope he proves me wrong though.
You are right and I hop I'm not wrong... However we don't need a knee jerk reaction. He needs to the end of next season.

We are Manchester United not Chelsea.

Unread 07-12-2013, 01:01 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
You are right and I hop I'm not wrong... However we don't need a knee jerk reaction. He needs to the end of next season.

We are Manchester United not Chelsea.
How would this make us Chelsea? Chelsea sacked managers who came second and who won the Champions League.

Unread 07-12-2013, 01:11 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
How would this make us Chelsea? Chelsea sacked managers who came second and who won the Champions League.
Because Chelsea mask their managerial issues with money. We can't afford to do that.

Unread 07-12-2013, 01:21 AM
Barracuda

Moyes is too nicey-nicey and respectful to everyone for my liking. He's praising the opposition too much, saying how great a team they are and how they're playing great football. It's like we're the underdogs all the time.

I can understand why he's doing it, new to the job and wants to set a good example - represent the Club correctly, say the right things etc ... but he's going too far with it.

He needs to start chucking his weight round a bit, boost his own team and instill it with confidence rather than sucking up to opposition. He's manager of Man Utd FFS...

Unread 07-12-2013, 01:28 AM
thrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda
Moyes is too nicey-nicey and respectful to everyone for my liking. He's praising the opposition too much, saying how great a team they are and how they're playing great football. It's like we're the underdogs all the time.

I can understand why he's doing it, new to the job and wants to set a good example - represent the Club correctly, say the right things etc ... but he's going too far with it.

He needs to start chucking his weight round a bit, boost his own team and instill it with confidence rather than sucking up to opposition. He's manager of Man Utd FFS...
This is a good point tbf. When West Brom came he said "we'll treat them with the respect they deserve."

They should be treated with contempt and pure disdain. David Tenant in that BBC adaptation had it right.

Unread 07-12-2013, 02:11 AM
biggyjaay

Sacking moyes without giving him at least a year to make his mark would be short sighted and stupid.

Unread 07-12-2013, 02:52 AM
Nemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggyjaay
Sacking moyes without giving him at least a year to make his mark would be short sighted and stupid.
Never heard such bullshit in my life.

When you make a mistake you rectify it A.S.A.P

Unread 07-12-2013, 03:10 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
The question's a trap. It's a malicious leading question deliberately set up so he can be pilloried whatever he answered.
David will you play attacking football

Stop leading me on this isn't fair wibble

Unread 07-12-2013, 03:27 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Still doesn't know he's at United.
talking about Newcastle's recent form

Quote:
"I know what it's like to try and win three or four games in a row, it's a hard thing to do in the Premier League, so congratulations to them.
:shakehead:

Unread 07-12-2013, 05:05 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Russian hats
You cannot be serious.
I don't think that was Moyes.

Unread 07-12-2013, 12:39 PM
Pop

"We have lost one in 13. If someone had been told before those 13 games we would lose one out of the next 13 the response would have been 'that is really good'.

Unread 07-12-2013, 01:13 PM
Wart Chest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
"We have lost one in 13. If someone had been told before those 13 games we would lose one out of the next 13 the response would have been 'that is really good'.
loose 1 in 13 but be 9th in the league.. same response?

Unread 07-12-2013, 01:15 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wart Chest
loose 1 in 13 but be 9th in the league.. same response?
lose, you #@&%!.

Unread 07-12-2013, 01:17 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
If he doesn't book his ideas up he might not be for much longer.

The whole situation is just mental, players, fans and staff are lost without Fergie.
£#%&! fergie you £#%&!ing fanboy @#%&!

You bastard

Unread 07-12-2013, 01:18 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
£#%&! fergie you £#%&!ing fanboy @#%&!

You bastard
put the shiraz down and walk slowly away from the bottle.

Unread 07-12-2013, 01:21 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
put the shiraz down and walk slowly away from the bottle.
How did you know it was Shiraz?!

Unread 07-12-2013, 01:23 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop

Unread 07-12-2013, 01:24 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
How did you know it was Shiraz?!
You're a stylish kind of guy, I wouldn't expect anything else

Unread 07-12-2013, 01:44 PM
Wart Chest

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
lose, you #@&%!.
get use to it