United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Would you sack EtH NOW?
Yes, get him out. 6 4.92%
No, give him til at least the end of the season. 116 95.08%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 31-10-2023, 01:47 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Read the quote you posted. "This is also not why I came here."

It was never his intention to replicate Ajax. I'm also pretty sure our owners never demanded it (although...). The reason he bought the players he did, I would guess, is because he had worked with most of them before and felt he could trust them at bare minimum to work hard and follow his instructions.

Probably had some other ideas regarding signings but then got here, asked for the DoF and was shown the way to Fletcher's cubicle.
Grand if the powers that be at the club knew this but I’m saying I was under the the illusion that he was going modernise us and play the possession oriented approach we saw at Ajax
The players he signed gave every indication that’s the approach he was going for

ETH has a veto on every signing so there’s no players forced on him here

It’s a pretty stupid transfer policy if he’s signing players he knows even if they don’t suit the new kind of football he wants to play at Utd

It’s strange to me to appoint a manager because of what he did at his previous club with the intention of doing something different at your club

Unread 31-10-2023, 01:48 PM
Fat Al

Yeah, great idea. Sack him & then get some @#%&! in. Which @#%&! cos there's no decent manager out there that would touch us with the shitty end of shitty stick covered in shit.
Any new manager will blame this season on ETH. And then next season the whole £#%&!ing cycle will start again.
We need stability. And to get that, we need the owners out. Until that happens we might as well just get used it.

Unread 31-10-2023, 01:59 PM
Baron

There should be no advocating for sacking, any good manager still needs time & the right infrastructure, team around him.

None of the best clubs in the world have a circus quite as shambolic & threadbare in off field talent as United do.

However, ETH still needs to be accountable & fundamentally judged on the things he can control. Things like selecting Evans instead of Varane - you can make whatever excuse you want about it, it was ETH's own words in the pre-match interview that stated he choose Evans over Varane ffs

It was ETH that took off Rassers rather than Rashford - and the crowd could tell you that was a dumb £#%&!ing move. ETH could use his words to state he's protecting him, he's still feeling his back & his brave etc but he doesn't communicate that well.

We can also query why a £60m midfield signing is on the bench, an £80m right winger is on the bench, and our captain & best player is shunted out wide to accommodate a tactical approach that has failed terribly against the likes of City over & over again.

He's got questions to answer now, some of his own making. Mostly the clubs. We know the ownership, we know the infrastructure. What we don't know is if ETH is able to adequately manage this talent, manage the egos, manage the scale of the issue. There will be rocky moments for everyone involved in the process but I'd like to see him do something about it rather than be passive & make meaningless shitty subs like he did in the 85th minute bringing on Martial & Garnacho, or worse, subs that materially made us worse such as Amrabat off at HT to slot (checks notes) McTomminay! back into a no.6 role where he has failed for season after season

Some serious blind spots in the fundamentals, I don't profess to know all the answers or any inner workings of what is happening with injuries or players headspace etc like he will. The problem is what we all see on the pitch, and that has been pretty £#%&!ing dire this season.

Needs to up it, and ideally soon.

Unread 31-10-2023, 02:11 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
There should be no advocating for sacking, any good manager still needs time & the right infrastructure, team around him.

None of the best clubs in the world have a circus quite as shambolic & threadbare in off field talent as United do.

However, ETH still needs to be accountable & fundamentally judged on the things he can control. Things like selecting Evans instead of Varane - you can make whatever excuse you want about it, it was ETH's own words in the pre-match interview that stated he choose Evans over Varane ffs

It was ETH that took off Rassers rather than Rashford - and the crowd could tell you that was a dumb £#%&!ing move. ETH could use his words to state he's protecting him, he's still feeling his back & his brave etc but he doesn't communicate that well.

We can also query why a £60m midfield signing is on the bench, an £80m right winger is on the bench, and our captain & best player is shunted out wide to accommodate a tactical approach that has failed terribly against the likes of City over & over again.

He's got questions to answer now, some of his own making. Mostly the clubs. We know the ownership, we know the infrastructure. What we don't know is if ETH is able to adequately manage this talent, manage the egos, manage the scale of the issue. There will be rocky moments for everyone involved in the process but I'd like to see him do something about it rather than be passive & make meaningless shitty subs like he did in the 85th minute bringing on Martial & Garnacho, or worse, subs that materially made us worse such as Amrabat off at HT to slot (checks notes) McTomminay! back into a no.6 role where he has failed for season after season

Some serious blind spots in the fundamentals, I don't profess to know all the answers or any inner workings of what is happening with injuries or players headspace etc like he will. The problem is what we all see on the pitch, and that has been pretty £#%&!ing dire this season.

Thisingtons. His approach with Rashers is now very like Ole’s was in that euro final we played. And all through the end of that season. Presume rashers has quite a hold on that dressing room because he’s rarely dropped.

Unread 31-10-2023, 02:51 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron

Agree with that.

Unread 31-10-2023, 02:52 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Thisingtons.

Unread 31-10-2023, 02:53 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Yeah, great idea. Sack him & then get some @#%&! in. Which @#%&! cos there's no decent manager out there that would touch us with the shitty end of shitty stick covered in shit.
Any new manager will blame this season on ETH. And then next season the whole £#%&!ing cycle will start again.
We need stability. And to get that, we need the owners out. Until that happens we might as well just get used it.
Totally agree. I think when people think of the sack being the answer, it's a short term, ignoring the Glazers fix. Said on other threads, De Zerbi (he'd be everyone's realistic choice from what I've read) might have an initial nice honeymoon period but then everything starts again.

The Glazers have set us back absolute decades.

Unread 31-10-2023, 03:35 PM
larry

haven't voted as i want him to stay for the next 20 years

Unread 31-10-2023, 03:44 PM
pedr0

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Totally agree. I think when people think of the sack being the answer, it's a short term, ignoring the Glazers fix. Said on other threads, De Zerbi (he'd be everyone's realistic choice from what I've read) might have an initial nice honeymoon period but then everything starts again.

The Glazers have set us back absolute decades.

who exactly are you two arguing with? the poll is 73-0

Unread 31-10-2023, 04:05 PM
larry

how many of those 73 want him out in the summer though
we could have had an interesting poll here, instead what we have is worthless

Unread 31-10-2023, 04:33 PM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
how many of those 73 want him out in the summer though
we could have had an interesting poll here, instead what we have is worthless
If performances stay the same all season, and we end with 57 points and a negative goal difference....?

Unread 31-10-2023, 05:29 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0
who exactly are you two arguing with? the poll is 73-0
The general public, Talksport, the Nigerian Reds, the British media and Benjamin Netanyahu.

Unread 31-10-2023, 05:39 PM
suedeshoes

A load of Arsenal fans wanted rid of Arteta 5 minutes ago.

Everyone is sucking Postecoglu's dick now. 3 defeats and he'll be an Aussie @#%&!.

Graham Potter was the new big thing last year now he's out of work until the next mug club sacks someone and he's the 'new hope '

Would hate ten Hag to get the sack. Wouldn't be surprised one bit if he is.

Unread 31-10-2023, 05:42 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
De Zerbi (he'd be everyone's realistic choice from what I've read)
here's how that played out...

The Location: Another thread

Poster 1: "Erik's not doing a good job/Erik's doing a shit job"
Magic: "so you want him sacked? I guess you want de Zerbi in or Potter then?"
Poster 1: No answer/continues discussing something else

Magic makes note: everyone wants de zerbi

Unread 31-10-2023, 05:52 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Renew his contract...

In it for the long haul me.
Same here as sacking him would be yet another victory for players wanting to throw a manager under the bus!

Unread 31-10-2023, 05:55 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic

Unread 31-10-2023, 05:58 PM
Neo

Lightbulb

Give it Giggsy 'til the end of t'season.

Unread 31-10-2023, 06:16 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic

Never mentioned Potter.

Whatever happened there?

Unread 31-10-2023, 08:08 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Never mentioned Potter.

Whatever happened there?

Unread 31-10-2023, 08:17 PM
Lodestar

Glazers out. Anyone who wants ETH sacked should state who should be incoming and how they will turn it round in a way no one has since Fergie stopped.

Potter FFS.