United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Would you sack EtH NOW?
Yes, get him out. 6 4.92%
No, give him til at least the end of the season. 116 95.08%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 31-10-2023, 11:24 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
No chance but he needs to start dropping lads, stop rewarding shit performances. Injuries are killing us tbf, he wanted The Scottish Player and Maguire out in the summer now they’re winning games ffs.
FTFY

Unread 31-10-2023, 11:26 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
FTFY
Doesn’t really work after we got spanked by City.

Unread 31-10-2023, 11:29 AM
shenwen

100% stay but show more.
Doesn't;t matter even if we lose games (which we're already doing), just want to see that there is an idea behind all this and not just more chaos ball.

And make more subs, better and sooner.

Unread 31-10-2023, 11:38 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Doesn’t really work after we got spanked by City.
Do you think that particular result would have gone any other way with a different selection?

The fact is, our last three (I think) wins have come courtesy of players we wanted to get rid of. That's worrying, it shows that either he was wrong to want shot of them, or, our other players are now worse than ones we didn't want.

Unread 31-10-2023, 11:43 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
Do you think that particular result would have gone any other way with a different selection?

The fact is, our last three (I think) wins have come courtesy of players we wanted to get rid of. That's worrying, it shows that either he was wrong to want shot of them, or, our other players are now worse than ones we didn't want.
Believing this is up there with writing players off after a handful of games.

Unread 31-10-2023, 11:53 AM
Hyman_Roth

Needs to stay mainly because I can’t face another manager giving this bunch of shit @#%&!s more rope. And it will get better when we have a more settled 1st team squad back.

But I have lost a lot of faith in him - which can easily be re-earnt nqat - but he has to turn it round. He currently seems totally out of his depth and the players he’s brought in generally awful. I know I bang on about Antony but it deeply troubles me that ten Hag thought it fine to £#%&! £86m on that useless #@&%!. We wouldn’t get £15m back if we had to sell him now.

The Dutch have a natural arrogance about their way being correct - which can be a good thing. - just hope he finds some humility too because he’ll need it.

Unread 31-10-2023, 12:07 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Needs to stay mainly because I can’t face another manager giving this bunch of shit @#%&!s more rope. And it will get better when we have a more settled 1st team squad back.

But I have lost a lot of faith in him - which can easily be re-earnt nqat - but he has to turn it round. He currently seems totally out of his depth and the players he’s brought in generally awful. I know I bang on about Antony but it deeply troubles me that ten Hag thought it fine to £#%&! £86m on that useless #@&%!. We wouldn’t get £15m back if we had to sell him now.

The Dutch have a natural arrogance about their way being correct - which can be a good thing. - just hope he finds some humility too because he’ll need it.
It’s a bit of a conundrum to see what he could do from here. He could change formation and tactic, maybe play a 3-4-3. Aim to switch the ball quick to wings and attack with a wide width. Atleast when defending we have 5 at the back and the central midfield wouldn’t be as exposed as they have cover . Maybe play Amrabat instead of Eriksen , Something like ;

Varane maguire lindelof
Dalot. Casemiro Eriksen. Regullion
Bruno. Hojlund. Rashford

Maybe he sticks with the 4-2-3-1 but sticks a couple of youngsters in, maybe see the likes of mejbri who can bring energy to the big gaps that seem to be opening up.

Dalot varane lindelof. Regullion
Casemiro. Amrabat
Mejbri. Mount. Garnacho
Hojlund

Whatever he does to change it, it won’t happen over night, within a month you will see a new tactic/way of playing take place .

Newcastle game will be interesting.

Unread 31-10-2023, 12:19 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
I want him to stay but i really need him to find his %@#$&!s.

Sort of this but with Rashford's head on Biff.

"Y-y-y-you g-gett your d-d-damn ass o-onn t-that b-b-benchh"

(That's a Cullinan outside China White - you get the idea)

I'm #TenHagIn, obvs. He's had a lot of bad luck with injuries, particularly with the defence. Needs a stable team for a good few months.

Neville wants him out IMO. Was dropping snide about his signings and subs during the game on Sunday.

Unread 31-10-2023, 12:19 PM
tatty

Sack him or don’t sack him…makes no difference.

Just as sacking the managers before him made no difference.

Just as sacking the managers after him will make no difference.

Wake me up when Jim Glazer has gone.

Unread 31-10-2023, 12:24 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

I'm #TenHagIn, obvs. He's had a lot of bad luck with injuries, particularly with the defence. Needs a stable team for a good few months.

Neville wants him out IMO. Was dropping snide about his signings and subs during the game on Sunday.
Neville is a little gimp. Great player for us - but if anything that highlights how much of a turncoat fanny he is these days that I can’t even find it in me to look past it.

Unread 31-10-2023, 12:29 PM
redhegemony

This season and next, at the least. The club was in an utter mess from top to bottom, and neither of the big two dawgs got that sorted.

Maybe the complete unprofessionalism of the club and some of the players surprised him so maybe it's also about him learning and developing. And the spotlight he is under is intense yet he remains calm.

What he has had to cope with this year in terms of shit is astonishing after we thought he had righted the ship last season. And that's after a bizarre transfer window. 3 loan signings...I mean wtf. And 2 of the signings turned up injured.

I'd like to know if he has identified why we have all these injuries that are making things impossible.

Unread 31-10-2023, 01:00 PM
ZiggyStardust

He’s completely lost me with that selection for tactical reasons on Sunday and his comments that he will never get us to play like his Ajax team and he’s trying instead to get us to play some sort of Ole ball despite signing 3 players from his former team and basically every signing bar Hojlund being players suited to possession football rather than direct counter attacking football

That being said I don’t want these spineless weak pathetic players getting another chance under a new manager
Also there’s no point getting rid while we don’t yet know how the football side of the club is going to change
If Ratcliffe brings in Mitchel as a sporting director then I can’t see how ETH is going to be here next season as he’ll want to bring in his own man unless ETH really turns this around (which I doubt)

Unread 31-10-2023, 01:01 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
He’s completely lost me with that selection for tactical reasons on Sunday and his comments that he will never get us to play like his Ajax team and he’s trying instead to get us to play some sort of Ole ball despite signing 3 players from his former team and basically every signing bar Hojlund being players suited to possession football rather than direct counter attacking football

That being said I don’t want these spineless weak pathetic players getting another chance under a new manager
Also there’s no point getting rid while we don’t know yet know how the football side of the club is going to change
If Ratcliffe brings in Mitchel as a sporting director then I can’t see how ETH is going to be here next season as he’ll want to bring in his own man unless ETH really turns this around (which I doubt)
15 games to turn on your manager after last season

That's fickle as £#%&!...

Sad really.

Unread 31-10-2023, 01:17 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
This season and next, at the least. The club was in an utter mess from top to bottom, and neither of the big two dawgs got that sorted.

Maybe the complete unprofessionalism of the club and some of the players surprised him so maybe it's also about him learning and developing. And the spotlight he is under is intense yet he remains calm.

What he has had to cope with this year in terms of shit is astonishing after we thought he had righted the ship last season. And that's after a bizarre transfer window. 3 loan signings...I mean wtf. And 2 of the signings turned up injured.

I'd like to know if he has identified why we have all these injuries that are making things impossible.
Should have took that bloody call.

100%. Nice.

Well, 98% if Ziggy had any balls.

Unread 31-10-2023, 01:22 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
15 games to turn on your manager after last season

That's fickle as £#%&!...

Sad really.
It’s not 15 games though is it
We’ve been playing mostly shit football since the 7-0 at Anfield at the start of March
ETH and players have never really recovered from that

Despite the shit football over recent months I held hope that ETH could eventually turn it around and get us to play the football that made us appoint him particularly now with a great ball playing goalkeeper but that appears to have been false hope as ETH now says he never intended to get us to play like his Ajax team instead is trying to get us to play “Utd DNA” direct football

Ok then why sign Antony and not a powerful direct wide player who suits counter attacking rather than one who suits a possession dominant approach
Why sign midfielders like Eriksen, Amrabat and Mount who are not athletic but are technical players who suit possession football
Why sign a keeper who’s one world class quality is to pass out from the back when we apparently are not trying to be a possession side so just have him boot it long

I can accept poor results if it’s going somewhere and I can see some identity to what we’re doing but where I thought this was going isn’t the case at all and on the pitch I see a team with no idea what they are meant to do

As I said I don’t want him sacked as I’m sick of that shit and the players like Sancho getting away with it but truthfully I can’t say I have any belief left in ETH after all this

Unread 31-10-2023, 01:23 PM
Bunker Buster

You've completely misrepresented this Ajax comment, as was explained in other threads....

It's actually a positive thing he said ...

Unread 31-10-2023, 01:33 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
You've completely misrepresented this Ajax comment, as was explained in other threads....

It's actually a positive thing he said ...
No I didn’t

Quote:

Ten Hag said: "We will never play that football. Because those were different players. This is also not why I came here. We are playing different football than I showed at Ajax because I have to, because I can't play the same way.

"The players decide how you play. Ajax has a very typical and characteristic style of play, with Manchester United I will always show different football, I did so last year as well. We play much more direct football here because I have the players for that here."
He’s literally said we will never play like his Ajax side because he doesn’t have the same players (yet he’s signed 3 of those players and would have signed a 4th in FDJ if he could have)

He says we play a more direct style of football at Utd because of the players but aside from Hojlund all the players he’s signed suit a possession dominant side
If he wanted to build a counter attacking transition oriented side then how can you not seriously question his transfer dealings

Unread 31-10-2023, 01:35 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Sack him or don’t sack him…makes no difference.

Just as sacking the managers before him made no difference.

Just as sacking the managers after him will make no difference.

Wake me up when Jim Glazer has gone.
This. Poll needs a 'struggling to give a £#%&!' option imo.

Unread 31-10-2023, 01:39 PM
shenwen

Quote:
No I didn’t

He’s literally said we will never play like his Ajax side because he doesn’t have the same players (yet he’s signed 3 of those players and would have signed a 4th in FDJ if he could have)

He says we play a more direct style of football at Utd because of the players but aside from Hojlund all the players he’s signed suit a possession dominant side
If he wanted to build a counter attacking transition oriented side then how can you not seriously question his transfer dealings
Read the quote you posted. "This is also not why I came here."

It was never his intention to replicate Ajax. I'm also pretty sure our owners never demanded it (although...). The reason he bought the players he did, I would guess, is because he had worked with most of them before and felt he could trust them at bare minimum to work hard and follow his instructions.

Probably had some other ideas regarding signings but then got here, asked for the DoF and was shown the way to Fletcher's cubicle.

Unread 31-10-2023, 01:42 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
No I didn’t

He doesnt have the players with Ajax's historical make up, bred from the U8's upwards....

United is a different team in a different country and we must forge our own way with his style and restrictions including 3 in each window / list of injuries as long as his arm ...

You've spun it to be we'll never reach Ajax's dizzying heights so that's it, you're done with him...
It's weird.