United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Would you sack EtH NOW?
Yes, get him out. 6 4.92%
No, give him til at least the end of the season. 116 95.08%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 31-10-2023, 04:38 AM
magic_cantona

Default Colours to the mast - Ten Hag OUT?

It's all over the place at the minute, does the manager need to go?

Its yes or no, no caveats. And if you vote for sacking him, mention who you'd replace him with.

Balls out of the bath on this one.

Unread 31-10-2023, 05:54 AM
Stickman

Voted keep but don’t particularly rate the job being done.

Unread 31-10-2023, 06:24 AM
waynes ear's

why only til the end of the season?

Unread 31-10-2023, 06:31 AM
AK14

Stick with him past the end of the season.

Unread 31-10-2023, 06:35 AM
flixton

No point making a change until the ownership is sorted and we see what plans they bring to the table.

Unread 31-10-2023, 06:36 AM
Lok

We have to give him until the end of the season unless that run of games in early December is truly disastrous. Lose any of those by 5 or more and he has to go straight away.

But the writing is already on the wall. Once this pattern starts, it always ends the same way.

He has a difficult job but he is doing it very poorly. He needs to change his thinking and start getting more out of the players he has.

Unread 31-10-2023, 06:50 AM
Bunker Buster

Renew his contract...

In it for the long haul me.

Unread 31-10-2023, 07:11 AM
My Name is Heath

This season is a right write off.

Keep Kojak in for now.

He’s a busted flush. Used to think he was a Dutch genius but he’s just another Dutch flop.

Unread 31-10-2023, 07:15 AM
Zorg

Keep Andy Parsons for another two seasons
We all know it’s a work in progress, so let it progress.

Unread 31-10-2023, 07:16 AM
Mr_Ed

Sacking him during the season would be a disaster. Read yesterday that we won’t be playing like his Ajax teams any time soon because wr don’t have the players and will therefore be direct.

Maybe get Neil Warnock out of retirement?

He’s got to sort this shit out though.

Unread 31-10-2023, 07:31 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
why only til the end of the season?
It's basically do you want him to stay or go.

It's a bit ambiguous, I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Sacking him during the season would be a disaster. Read yesterday that we won’t be playing like his Ajax teams any time soon because wr don’t have the players and will therefore be direct.

Maybe get Neil Warnock out of retirement?

He’s got to sort this shit out though.
Warnock has?

Unread 31-10-2023, 10:20 AM
wiganste

Really good first season (better than good up until winning the League Cup)

The football dipped after that but we still managed 3rd and another final and was beaten by the best team on the planet

Horrendous start to this season - no joy in the football we're serving up. Injuries, women beating, unprofessional @#%&!s turning up late and players horribly out of form hasn't helped matters one iota.

To sack him would be madness BUT he is on borrowed time. We can't continue like this and the trigger happy @#%&!s above wouldn't think twice about firing him

Unread 31-10-2023, 10:34 AM
Dr Stranger

Absolutely not.

We can’t keep doing this and expecting different results. The club is absolutely rotten and sticking another poor sod in the firing line is not the answer.

We won’t sack him anyway. No chance. Not because they believe in him, but because they can’t afford it.

We’ll pick up a few results to keep the wolves from the door. We’ll drop into the Europa, then we’ll finish about 6th.

INEOS might come in, who the £#%&! knows.

We’ll continue to limp along for years. We needed a full sale and that isn’t happening. Nothing changes til they’re gone.

Unread 31-10-2023, 10:37 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
No point making a change until the ownership is sorted and we see what plans they bring to the table.
This.

No point changing the manager while the current owners are in charge.

Unread 31-10-2023, 10:39 AM
Baron

He needs to get his tongue out of Rashford's arse & start to do what we already know is right & build the side around Rassers up top. The kid looks like he knows how to actually play football ffs.

I like ETH a lot, but he's making his own life very difficult. What the £#%&! is Evans doing playing ahead of Varane? His formations & square pegs in round holes approach is doing my head in. Bruno isn't a problem but it's obvious where you play him & 2 defensive minded mids behind him.

We're too static, there's no interchange, we haven't created enough chances for the whole time he's been here but we have shipped a £#%&!load of goals & that's worrying. He's still spent £300m+ ffs

Needs to sort it out, there's plenty for him to deal with. I think he did a great job last year, this summer he's shit the bed so far with the signings making us worse & him hanging his hat on players that aren't good enough at the basics let alone capable of leading this club forward.

Casemiro also needs to get his £#%&!ing act together & help him out. & Varane.

He inherited a lot of shit but he's been here long enough now to have made a dent. Seems to have fallen off a cliff at the start of this year instead of taking any tangible progress.

Keep him & I have faith but there's no doubt he's in a pickle with this squad & the decisions to take off Rassers doesn't endear him to the crowd. Bad choices, twice

Unread 31-10-2023, 10:50 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
He needs to get his tongue out of Rashford's arse & start to do what we already know is right & build the side around Rassers up top. The kid looks like he knows how to actually play football ffs.

I like ETH a lot, but he's making his own life very difficult. What the £#%&! is Evans doing playing ahead of Varane? His formations & square pegs in round holes approach is doing my head in. Bruno isn't a problem but it's obvious where you play him & 2 defensive minded mids behind him.

We're too static, there's no interchange, we haven't created enough chances for the whole time he's been here but we have shipped a £#%&!load of goals & that's worrying. He's still spent £300m+ ffs

Needs to sort it out, there's plenty for him to deal with. I think he did a great job last year, this summer he's shit the bed so far with the signings making us worse & him hanging his hat on players that aren't good enough at the basics let alone capable of leading this club forward.

Casemiro also needs to get his £#%&!ing act together & help him out. & Varane.

He inherited a lot of shit but he's been here long enough now to have made a dent. Seems to have fallen off a cliff at the start of this year instead of taking any tangible progress.

Keep him & I have faith but there's no doubt he's in a pickle with this squad & the decisions to take off Rassers doesn't endear him to the crowd. Bad choices, twice
Can’t really disagree with any of that.

You had Neville and Carragher arguing about whose fault this is, the Glazers or ETH, but they’re not mutually exclusive and you can acknowledge the overarching problem of the Glazers and still be critical of some the things ETH is doing.

Added to what you’ve mentioned there about square pegs, Bruno out of position and persisting with players woefully out of form, he also needs to find a way to be more pragmatic. I’m surprised at how many poor in-game decisions he’s made this season.

After Brighton and Brentford early last season, he was quick to change it. He saw the problem of passing out from the back and abandoned it. He played away from our weaknesses.

This season, he seems to be steering into them. Deploying Bruno in deep positions, taking Amrabat off, sticking The Scottish Player deep - these have all been suicidal choices in the last few weeks that played out as badly as you’d expect.

We had injuries and shortcomings last season, but I always felt he was playing to our strengths, but not so much this season.

The injuries are killing us and that’s a massive problem, but he should still be doing better with what he has.

Why are so many players out of form? Why can’t he get a rise out of them?

He’s been tactically outdone in almost every game this season. We’ve been second best in the majority of games we’ve played.

These are valid concerns to have without wanting the manager binned.

I think he’s a top manager. I’m delighted we got him and he’s had more shit to deal with than any manager since Fergie took over. All this with a back drop of a circus of a sale going on around him, which I can only imagine is creating ridiculous amount of uncertainty.

Unread 31-10-2023, 10:51 AM
92ToBury

No. Glazers out, top level Director of Football in.

Unread 31-10-2023, 10:53 AM
Finport Red

In.

Unread 31-10-2023, 11:15 AM
atticusgrinch

I want him to stay but i really need him to find his %@#$&!s.

Sort of this but with Rashford's head on Biff.

"Y-y-y-you g-gett your d-d-damn ass o-onn t-that b-b-benchh"

(That's a Cullinan outside China White - you get the idea)

Unread 31-10-2023, 11:22 AM
Vedder

No chance but he needs to start dropping lads, stop rewarding shit performances. Injuries are killing us tbf, he wanted The Scottish Player and Maguire out in the summer now they’re starting games ffs.