United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 12-08-2023, 05:48 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Hope something happens to him that wipes that smile off his face permanently.
A bit sinister, that.

If being paired with Scott The Scottish Player in midfield didn’t do it, difficult to see what could.

Unread 12-08-2023, 06:14 PM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80
Yep, never quite good enough but good Fred was as good as it gets, at least for us in the past few years. Not a shit@#%&!, got ‘us’ and always tried with a smile on his face. Good luck to him
one of the worst things about him IMO

I like my shit@#%&!s to at least have the decency to know they are shit@#%&!s. Fred seems blissfully unaware of his limitations

Unread 12-08-2023, 06:28 PM
Rorschach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
A bit sinister, that.

If being paired with Scott The Scottish Player in midfield didn’t do it, difficult to see what could.

Unread 12-08-2023, 06:32 PM
Dasilvatwins

£#%&! that. 100k a week at the club he was stealing a living. Should have requested a transfer several years ago when he realised he wasn’t good enough for the club.

There’s a lot of players at this club that were dogshit and will get better “when they’re not playing” similar things will be said about other rubbish players at the club but make no mistake he was on the shitlist and has been for a while. He isn’t a great back up to have either and neither is a player you can bring off the bench to maybe knock a goal or assist.

If aim is the top 4 he’s a depth squad player to have. Big Ten haggers has come in and gotten rid of that mentality , about winning every game, Fred isn’t good enough to be at the club for that.

Good riddance. The Scottish Player and slab head next please

Unread 12-08-2023, 06:40 PM
Ethers

He was absolutely shit, and for very good performance he put in, there was another 2 utterly diabolical performances to balance them out, where he genuinely looked like one of the worst midfielders I’ve ever seen.

He’s been a complete and utter waste of money. If you include everything, he’s cost us close to £100m ffs. And we’ve got an absolute pittance back for him, because he’s shit and everyone at the club knows it. One of the worst investments we’ve ever made.

Unread 12-08-2023, 06:43 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
He was absolutely shit, and for very good performance he put in, there was another 2 utterly diabolical performances to balance them out, where he genuinely looked like one of the worst midfielders I’ve ever seen.

He’s been a complete and utter waste of money. If you include everything, he’s cost us close to £100m ffs. And we’ve got an absolute pittance back for him, because he’s shit and everyone at the club knows it. One of the worst investments we’ve ever made.
He regularly struggled to pass 10-15 yards

Every player seems to get a “respect , always a red” bullshit sent off these days

Unread 12-08-2023, 07:55 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

He was a Manchester United central midfielder who couldn’t control a ball, pass or shoot properly.

An awful signing, and a representation of the horrendous drop in standards at the club over the last decade. Nice fella, but see ya.

Work needed now on finding a replacement that is a significant step up in quality. De Jong would be my choice, but looks like that ship sailed.

Unread 13-08-2023, 07:58 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
He was a Manchester United central midfielder who couldn’t control a ball, pass or shoot properly.

An awful signing, and a representation of the horrendous drop in standards at the club over the last decade. Nice fella, but see ya.

Work needed now on finding a replacement that is a significant step up in quality. De Jong would be my choice, but looks like that ship sailed.
It never left the port tbh

Didn’t mind Fred. Wasn’t good enough but the blame for that lies at the feet of the people bringing him and keeping him at the club. Always gave 100%

Unread 13-08-2023, 08:18 PM
Coracao

He wasn't anywhere near the standard we should have playing regularly.

That said, one of the few players who I can't really slag off in terms of their attitude during his time at the club. He never phoned it in, which can't be said about many of them.

Unread 13-08-2023, 08:18 PM
TheHatchetMan

All the best Fred. An excellent professional with a great attitude throughout his time at Old Trafford. I'll miss his energy but probably best deal for all parties at this stage.

Unread 13-08-2023, 08:37 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0
one of the worst things about him IMO

I like my shit@#%&!s to at least have the decency to know they are shit@#%&!s. Fred seems blissfully unaware of his limitations
Yeh I was a bit pissed and watched that video. I’m a sucker for a well edited heart string puller. He was a bit shit wasn’t he.

Unread 13-08-2023, 08:57 PM
Sparky***

£60 million we paid for him

Sixty £#%&!ing million.

That's just two million less than City paid for Rodri and twice as much as they paid for Gundogan.

The Woodward years cost this club a fortune.

Unread 13-08-2023, 09:33 PM
larry

list every player we've signed since fergie retired and prior to 10h, and fred would probably make the top 5

Unread 13-08-2023, 09:38 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
list every player we've signed since fergie retired and prior to 10h, and fred would probably make the top 5
Bruno
AWB
Ibrahimovic
Mata
Varane
Luke Shaw
Blind
Herrera

Off the top of my head, all far better than this sack of shite.

Unread 13-08-2023, 09:42 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Wastes of money? Yes, yes he would.

Unread 13-08-2023, 09:44 PM
20LEgend1999

Shaw, Bruno, Varane, Dan James, Garnacho...

Unread 13-08-2023, 09:47 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Shaw, Bruno, Varane, Dan James, Garnacho...
one of those is not like the others

Unread 13-08-2023, 09:50 PM
browser

Quote:
He’s not even the best Brazilian midfielder we’ve signed ffs

Unread 13-08-2023, 09:54 PM
pedr0

Quote:
one of those is not like the others
believe it or not, I think James is the third biggest profit we've ever made on a player, behind Ronaldo and Beckham

actually, now fourth behind elanga

Unread 21-08-2023, 08:43 PM
dunk