Get bought out by owners who actually want to compete for trophies
Offer Dortmund cash plus Sancho back
Give him massive wages and the captaincy
He’s a United fan

On as £#%&!
It's almost too easy

Unread 05-12-2022, 09:29 PM
dunk

Some serious hopium being smoked in this thread..

Unread 05-12-2022, 09:33 PM
ryanMUFC

How are Liverpool so ‘in’ for him?

There’s a good chance that they won’t be in the Champions league next season and generally don’t break the bank, they’re also up for sale.

Unread 05-12-2022, 09:38 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
How are Liverpool so ‘in’ for him?

There’s a good chance that they won’t be in the Champions league next season and generally don’t break the bank, they’re also up for sale.
Could say the same for us tbf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Qualify for CL football
Get bought out by owners who actually want to compete for trophies
Offer Dortmund cash plus Sancho back
Give him massive wages and the captaincy
He’s a United fan

On as £#%&!
Someone else said he hated us

Unread 05-12-2022, 09:44 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Could say the same for us tbf.
We broke the bank for Pogba and then Lukaku and Antony.

He seems to be hanging around with the Liverpool players at the England hotel.

Unread 05-12-2022, 09:49 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
We broke the bank for Pogba and then Lukaku and Antony.

He seems to be hanging around with the Liverpool players at the England hotel.
I’ll be amazed if he goes to us or Liverpool.

Unread 05-12-2022, 10:15 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

"Put some respect on Henderson's name"

Unread 05-12-2022, 10:49 PM
Sparky***

20 years ago Ferguson would have had him signed up the minute england fly back from Qatar.

Not anymore. He'll have his pick of anywhere and United won't be anywhere near the top of that list right now.

Unread 05-12-2022, 11:15 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
20 years ago Ferguson would have had him signed up the minute england fly back from Qatar.

Not anymore. He'll have his pick of anywhere and United won't be anywhere near the top of that list right now.

Unread 05-12-2022, 11:38 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

I agree.

We’re not a top team anymore and haven’t been for a decade. We’re also a club that’s in the process of being sold with utterly shit owners that the whole world recognises as being completely clueless.

The other side of it now though is that we have an ambitious albeit unproven manager and we may end up being sold to a sovereign purchaser. It’s all if and buts though so I can’t see him anywhere near united.

In his position you’re most likely to go to a club in all the major comps with the best players and the best coach so that’s city if he fancies it back here.

Give us another two years and new owners and who knows.

Unread 06-12-2022, 05:27 AM
Dr Stranger

The only way he comes to us is if he stays at Dortmund another year and we’re a completley different prospect by summer 2024.

We need CL football, new owners and to look halfway towards looking like we know what we’re doing, before we can consider competing for the most sought after players again.

That’s simply not our level anymore.

Unread 06-12-2022, 09:37 AM
Denis Irwell

Anything can happen this season. It’ll be interesting how it all unfolds. The WC has been “entertaining” with shocks etc largely because of the idiotic scheduling since the corrupt @#%&!s sold the event to Qatar. (Hardly watched any) So, who will have the legs to finish the season? Whatever… but you’d have to be a bit blinkered to pick a club on the basis of cl qualification, even if it is for a one-off season, either way.

Unread 06-12-2022, 09:46 AM
windy waffles

Can't see him going to Liverpool. When world class players become available, they are rarely in the mix due to the money involved. Can't think of the last world class player they signed? Nunez, no one else really wanted him. When they signed Salah, it was a bit of a joke at the time (how wrong most of us were). Bellingham will either end up at United or City imo. I'm sure Madrid will be sniffing too but they have Camavinga and Tchouaméni in that midfield for the next ten years so not too sure.

Unread 06-12-2022, 09:50 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Can't see him going to Liverpool. When world class players become available, they are rarely in the mix due to the money involved. Can't think of the last world class player they signed? Nunez, no one else really wanted him. When they signed Salah, it was a bit of a joke at the time (how wrong most of us were). Bellingham will either end up at United or City imo. I'm sure Madrid will be sniffing too but they have Camavinga and Tchouaméni in that midfield for the next ten years so not too sure.
These two imo. Please let it be Madrid ffs. City with Bellingham in the middle would be torture.

Unread 06-12-2022, 09:52 AM
Seamus

I was listening to Eamon Dunphy yesterday and he said its alright doing it against Iran, Wales & Senegal, lets see how he does against a top side like France.

I kind of agree with that as I haven't seen enough of him and I'm no expert of the German league

Unread 06-12-2022, 09:55 AM
Baron

The price is likely to be so prohibitive that only really PSG & City could actually afford him - City spent big on Grealish but aside from that they’re not really throwing PSG money at anyone, Mbappe was £160m & Neymar £200m or something absurd, I can honestly see him staying for another year and going for a more ‘reasonable’ £100m with one year left on his deal in summer 2024.

Who knows where we’ll be then. He’s only a teenager, he doesn’t need to rush it if he only has one club he can join right now with financial constraints.

Unread 06-12-2022, 10:00 AM
Seamus

I think he will stay at Dortmund for another season. Isn't his younger brother there as well?

Unread 06-12-2022, 10:04 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
I think he will stay at Dortmund for another season. Isn't his younger brother there as well?
Nah, his brother is at Birmingham.

Unread 06-12-2022, 10:05 AM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Nah, his brother is at Birmingham.
he might go back there then

Unread 06-12-2022, 12:06 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
he might go back there then