United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-04-2018, 06:47 PM
believe

Lowest Anfield 92
Highest Blackburn 93, not even Bayern in 99 came close to the feeling of that day.

Unread 25-04-2018, 06:49 PM
Lok

Nothing will ever match Bayern '99

Lowest was getting spanked in the Champions League by Barca in 94. The foreigner rule really screwed us back then. It felt like we'd never win the £#%&!ing thing.

Unread 25-04-2018, 06:56 PM
Nelson

High:

Low (for those of us of a certain age):

Unread 25-04-2018, 07:10 PM
no fun

Semi final v derby 1976

Got a jodrell

Off a girl

Unread 25-04-2018, 07:11 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Semi final v derby 1976

Got a jodrell

Off a girl
And the high point?

Unread 25-04-2018, 07:13 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Lowest Anfield 92
Highest Blackburn 93, not even Bayern in 99 came close to the feeling of that day.
Pretty much.

Unread 25-04-2018, 07:14 PM
Nelson

Quote:
Semi final v derby 1976

Got a jodrell

Off a girl
Leppings Lane, mate?

Unread 25-04-2018, 07:26 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
And the high point?
Bolton away 1979

When I used to drink...vomited on myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson
Leppings Lane, mate?
Yea

Unread 25-04-2018, 07:32 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Bolton away 1979

When I used to drink...vomited on myself
right...now....

Unread 25-04-2018, 07:38 PM
HarkNowHear

Bobby Stokes (offside) ruined our return

New Year’s Day - 26th May 1999

Unread 25-04-2018, 07:44 PM
Zorg

Rotterdam highest for me. For various reasons like uni and living abroad I managed to miss actually attending many big moments in the 1990s (oot jcl).

Beating Barcelona to win a European trophy was just utterly surreal and unthinkable to me. I didn’t really remember European football and clubs like them, Milan etc seemed like gods from some divine footballing paradise a million light years away, especially since European matches weren’t on TV and Milan had made us look like a pub team in that friendly a few years earlier. Going over on the ferry, the Dutch cops, Hughes, Blackmore, the Barca end emptying in seconds. Koeman, Laudrup and Cruyff ffs

All my schoolmates refused to believe I was going until I was off school, then came back waving the ticket at them. Especially the berties

Cool story bro.

Unread 25-04-2018, 07:51 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
highest: bayern 1999
lowest: aguero 2012

can't be anything else for either. not even the moyes season made me experience the utter despair that i felt that day in 2012.
Weird, that. Didn't expect to win it and sort of blanked it out. Same with 05 cl final. Didn't watch, ignored it.

Highest '99. One of the best moments of my entire life.

Lowest. Probably walking out of the spurs home game under Moyes. Just felt... over.

Unread 25-04-2018, 08:43 PM
saffers

Low: none
High: every moment supporting united

Blessed to support the greatest club in the world.

Unread 25-04-2018, 10:32 PM
Neo

Low: Every time we’ve been knocked out of the European Cup. I remember in the 90s and early 2000s it felt like my world had ended when we lost. Monaco and Dortmund, Madrid and Leverkusen. Then the two Final losses to Barcelona in 2009 and 2011. Other than 1999 and 2008, the tournament has been one continuous kick in the @#%&! during my lifetime.

High: LvG teaching Valencia and Rooney how to take penalties. “You heff to kick into the cornersh”. Adored the Big Man.

Unread 25-04-2018, 10:47 PM
Chorlton74

Few mentions of 1992. 1995 was a kick in the %@#$&!s an all.

Unread 25-04-2018, 11:31 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

the epitome of having no standards.

football is all about the ups and downs. being 2-0 down to arsenal in a cup final, getting back into it and then having the rug pulled from under you while bailey flaps.

uncritical viewing is a bit pointless, imnvho.

that said, I can't think of any real lows. 76 cup final, I realised that football just isn't fair. 79 was the last time I cried over football (wouldn't have, if we'd just lost 2-0). now, it's disappointment with every team sheet, but still.... I think the biggest lows were seeing the glazer takeover was going ahead and the day we appointed moyes. in between...

highs? 85 cup final. atmosphere made by moran's sending off. wall of boos til whiteside scored. what. a. goal. lovely weather, too. or just watching giggs run with the ball. 99 semi goal. or his display v juve a couple of years before. palace away 92/93? selhurst never seemed like an away game. maybe going 3-0 up at anfield in 94 (if the game had finished after 24 minutes). jamie redknapp mouthing "£#%&! off" as he shook his head after giggs's goal was nice. giggs missing from 6 yards was down there with cantona falling on his arse against... um.. was it dortmund? schmeichel's save v zamorano.

could probably narrow it down to 100 if I had to. 85 cup final.

Unread 25-04-2018, 11:34 PM
Buck

low

Unread 26-04-2018, 05:59 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
low

Photoshopped. As if either of those two would be let anywhere near Manchester United.

Unread 26-04-2018, 06:34 AM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
the epitome of having no standards.

football is all about the ups and downs. being 2-0 down to arsenal in a cup final, getting back into it and then having the rug pulled from under you while bailey flaps.

uncritical viewing is a bit pointless, imnvho.

that said, I can't think of any real lows. 76 cup final, I realised that football just isn't fair. 79 was the last time I cried over football (wouldn't have, if we'd just lost 2-0). now, it's disappointment with every team sheet, but still.... I think the biggest lows were seeing the glazer takeover was going ahead and the day we appointed moyes. in between...

highs? 85 cup final. atmosphere made by moran's sending off. wall of boos til whiteside scored. what. a. goal. lovely weather, too. or just watching giggs run with the ball. 99 semi goal. or his display v juve a couple of years before. palace away 92/93? selhurst never seemed like an away game. maybe going 3-0 up at anfield in 94 (if the game had finished after 24 minutes). jamie redknapp mouthing "£#%&! off" as he shook his head after giggs's goal was nice. giggs missing from 6 yards was down there with cantona falling on his arse against... um.. was it dortmund? schmeichel's save v zamorano.

could probably narrow it down to 100 if I had to. 85 cup final.
the epitome of spot on that

Unread 26-04-2018, 07:56 AM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

Not much of a red then if you don't feel the string of defeat deeply, almost like you don't really care.
Closed Thread