United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-01-2018, 09:03 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Who is better?

Mourinho has reached one Champions League final since he left Porto btw nearly 14 years ago. It's not actually easy to win.

I didn't mention Mourinho pal. You seem a bit obsessed....

Surely the 'best coach in the world', with a squad that had won the treble the previous season (+ further investment), should be getting to the CL final? No?

Unread 30-01-2018, 09:03 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Everyone else agrees with
Stop seeing everything as so black or white guv. Challenge that stereotype.

Unread 30-01-2018, 09:04 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Financially, I mean.

And if they did then maybe it reduces our excuses. I think City are plastics and its soulless; I also think it's a lame excuse from our POV.

United's net spend over the last 18 months is quite similar to CIty's.
if city sign Marhez 50 million it means they have spent 200 million more than us, not that similar..

Unread 30-01-2018, 09:05 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Stop seeing everything as so black or white guv. Challenge that stereotype.
I don’t agree with you. Deal with it and move on.

Unread 30-01-2018, 09:05 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
I didn't mention Mourinho pal. You seem a bit obsessed....

Surely the 'best coach in the world', with a squad that had won the treble the previous season (+ further investment), should be getting to the CL final? No?
So Fergie wasn't the best around in 99?

Out of order imo.

Unread 30-01-2018, 09:06 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
if city sign Marhez 50 million it means they have spent 200 million more than us, not that similar..
No they haven't. Unless SKY's figures were drastically wrong on MNF about three weeks ago.

Unread 30-01-2018, 09:07 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

Out of order imo.
Classic deflection tactics

Have a lie down pal, the best coach in the world needing to spend near as dammit half a billion in less than 2 seasons is taking its toll on you

Unread 30-01-2018, 09:09 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
No they haven't. Unless SKY's figures were drastically wrong on MNF about three weeks ago.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...-laporte-571m/

add Marhez for 50-60 million if they sign him and thats around 200 million more spent..

Unread 30-01-2018, 09:11 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...-laporte-571m/

add Marhez for 50-60 million if they sign him and thats around 200 million more spent..
Talk about net spend, fella.

Unread 30-01-2018, 09:12 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Talk about net spend, fella.
£#%&! off with your net spend... They will have spent 200 million more than us if they sign Marhez..

Unread 30-01-2018, 09:13 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Classic deflection tactics

Have a lie down pal, the best coach in the world needing to spend near as dammit half a billion in less than 2 seasons is taking its toll on you
It was an answer to your question, pal. I'm sorry that it destroyed your point. The game is the game.

Quote:
£#%&! off with your net spend... They will have spent 200 million more than us if they sign Marhez..
If you spend money you are bringing back in, that isn't heavy expenditure. Find me net spend figures and we'll talk.

Unread 30-01-2018, 09:37 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
They're an organisation supported but outside investment. Same as United. Trying to paint them as 'plastic' or whatever is childish and futile. All big clubs are the same now. They just have a richer owner than anyone else.
If you’re united fan, you’re a stupid one.

Quote:
Who is better?

Mourinho
Correct.

Quote:

Out of order imo.
There wasn’t further investment the summer we won the treble. Replaced probably the best goalkeeper in our history with a free transfer. One Ferguson supposedly never wanted.

Unread 30-01-2018, 09:44 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
It was an answer to your question, pal. I'm sorry that it destroyed your point. The game is the game.

If you spend money you are bringing back in, that isn't heavy expenditure. Find me net spend figures and we'll talk.
Yeah but isn’t selling players just another form of income into the club like signing a sponsorship deal with a tractor company

Unread 30-01-2018, 09:45 PM
Sparky***

S/side

He’s a one that lad

Unread 30-01-2018, 09:45 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Are the figures accurately reported? Do transfer fees take into account signing on and agent fees? Do player sales take into account payoffs and such? The money city receive in player sales are meaningless to their Abu Dhabi owners.

Unread 30-01-2018, 09:52 PM
Ethers

Considering City’s spending apparently renders any of their success meaningless, some of you don’t half spend a lot of time going on and on about them.

Unread 30-01-2018, 10:07 PM
Red Al

On top of the 500 million look at the players he already had to start with

Can't be arsed googling a list but somone might

Unread 30-01-2018, 10:14 PM
Mr Kaboom

Quote:
They're an organisation supported but outside investment. Same as United. Trying to paint them as 'plastic' or whatever is childish and futile. All big clubs are the same now. They just have a richer owner than anyone else.
What outside investment have we had ?

Unread 30-01-2018, 10:21 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
what

you've lost it pal.

Getting back on topic, sad to see the best coach in the world reduced to being the worst perpetrator of his own pet hates

Minutes given to man city academy graduates this season?

Unread 30-01-2018, 10:57 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Closed Thread