United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-06-2016, 10:55 AM
Dasilvatwins

Default When did you lose interest in England

I used to really be into england internationals as much as united. The ronaldo incident is where my support began to fade. Ngl from the incident till the first game of the season i was anti ronaldo. Then he scored 2 against fulham in a 5-1 win and it was bye bye eng , hello ronaldo and it just continued to fade. I was young at the time and found it hard to support gerrard and lampard and co. Only recently ive actually wanted england to fail, the media hypes up players and single out the utd player failings. Mainly rooney (never seen gerrard or lampard turn up to a world cup finals either but obv no mention of that).

Unread 11-06-2016, 11:03 AM
Albert Tatlock

Never had any to begin with

Unread 11-06-2016, 11:04 AM
dunk

'98 and all the Beckham %@#$&!s. Although, it began with the hounding of Bobby Robson in '90. My general dislike and apathy toward England stems entirely from the media and their quite frankly, awful coverage of the national side, pretty much.

Unread 11-06-2016, 11:05 AM
forzagarza

9/11

Just knew from that day that I was an Arab

Unread 11-06-2016, 11:12 AM
Switching Off

Like Dunk 98 after Beckham.

Really couldn't care less about them, just root for the United lads. Would probably stick up for them if they got deep tbf but wouldn't be distraught if they lost on penalties.

Unread 11-06-2016, 11:14 AM
Dasilvatwins

Ive read things like england fans used to chant anti utd songs ages ago during the 90s, obv i was too young to remember, but have any of you witnessed this to be true?

Unread 11-06-2016, 11:16 AM
otbarney

98 for me too.

Unread 11-06-2016, 11:20 AM
Dasilvatwins

I guess alot of us are team russia tonight! Hated it when rashford was selected. heres to hoping he gets no game time, a nice break in for the one-who-should-have-been-given-the-job-in-the-first-place ones epic season

THE ENGLAND INTERNATIONAL SQUAD ...WHERE PROMISING PLAYERS GO TO RUIN THEIR CAREERS

Unread 11-06-2016, 11:20 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Ive read things like england fans used to chant anti utd songs ages ago during the 90s, obv i was too young to remember, but have any of you witnessed this to be true?
Deffo. The nevilles and Beckham got tons of stick and the crowd often gave a rendition of 'stand up if you hate man u' and whatnot. £#%&!ers

I think the fact international friendlies and 95% of qualifiers are £#%&!ing boring and our players trended to end up injured or vilified is another big reason for United fans general disdain for the national side.

The Cantona thing, Rio thing, Beckham, Neville, Scholes, Rooney's swearing ban, being taken to tournaments whilst injured.. There's not much to like about the FA/National side as a United fan tbf.

Unread 11-06-2016, 11:21 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
I guess alot of us are team russia tonight! Hated it when rashford was selected. heres to hoping he gets no game time, a nice break in for the one-who-should-have-been-given-the-job-in-the-first-place ones epic season

THE ENGLAND INTERNATIONAL SQUAD ...WHERE PROMISING PLAYERS GO TO RUIN THEIR CAREERS
£#%&! that, 1-0 Kane please.

Unread 11-06-2016, 11:21 AM
75Red

1990. Nessun Dorma. Gascoigne scriking. John Barnes rap. Chris Waddle.

Unread 11-06-2016, 11:23 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Deffo. The nevilles and Beckham got tons of stick and the crowd often gave a rendition of 'stand up if you hate man u' and whatnot. w****rs
Hazard a guess that they would be cheerng beckham on the moment he scored for them though?..mongs

Unread 11-06-2016, 11:23 AM
TheFatGoth

Never been arsed

Unread 11-06-2016, 11:26 AM
morgan

Quote:
'stand up if you hate Man U' was the Wembley anthem of the 90s

Venebles (?) even appealed to fans to stop. G Nev used to get booed early in his England career

Whos arsed though really, divvy families at Wembley should be able to bring the Panto vibe if that's what they want

Unread 11-06-2016, 11:31 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan
'stand up if you hate Man U' was the Wembley anthem of the 90s

Venebles (?) even appealed to fans to stop. G Nev used to get booed early in his England career

Whos arsed though really, divvy families at Wembley should be able to bring the Panto vibe if that's what they want
I finally get why so many utd fans dislike england. Russia to do a job tonight

Unread 11-06-2016, 11:40 AM
Fergie out 89

Beckham 98
P Neville 2000
Ronaldo/Rooney 2006
"Stand up if you hate Man U"
The marching band
The hooligan element
Having utter c***s in their team e.g. Terry/Gerrard/Cole
The blind beleif that all England have to do is turn up to every game and the will win

YCSYFEUYA

Unread 11-06-2016, 11:48 AM
Mr_Ed

When my daughter was born in 2001 and SGE would make 10 substitutions at half time... Not sure which one

Unread 11-06-2016, 12:07 PM
no fun

I've never lost interest in England, I watch every game avidly, hoping they lose

Nowt to do with being a top red, I just hate everything they represent

Unread 11-06-2016, 12:08 PM
Fergie out 89

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
I've never lost interest in England, I watch every game avidly, hoping they lose

Nowt to do with being a top red, I just hate everything they represent
Top red

Unread 11-06-2016, 12:21 PM
morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
When my daughter was born in 2001 and SGE would make 10 substitutions at half time... Not sure which one
It was Australia and we got dismantled
Closed Thread