United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-10-2011, 09:28 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Football West Ham Olympic Stadium deal collapses

Quote:
The board of the Olympic Park Legacy Company (OPLC) has ended negotiations amid concerns over delays caused by the ongoing legal dispute with Tottenham.

The OPLC, government and Mayor of London have instead agreed the stadium will remain in public ownership.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15251893

Unread 11-10-2011, 09:33 AM
dunk

Default Re: West Ham Olympic Stadium deal collapses

Wish some £#%&!er had challenged shitty for the commonwealth stadium

Unread 11-10-2011, 09:36 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Wish some £#%&!er had challenged shitty for the commonwealth stadium
i don't... it's a £#%&!ing horrible stadium, in a £#%&!ing horrible part of manchester... it's like something made out of lego. they can have it. same goes for all the other new-era stadiums - horrible, generic monstrosities.

i really like how well the development of OTs, been done - it's been increased in capacity but still kept some of the character; that said, i still prefer the ground as it was when i first started going [late 80s] to as it is now... but well, time moves on.

Unread 11-10-2011, 09:40 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
excellent news

Unread 11-10-2011, 09:41 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
excellent news
Spurs aren't getting it now.

Unread 11-10-2011, 09:43 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Spurs aren't getting it now.
dont care. long as west ham dont get it.

Unread 11-10-2011, 09:44 AM
denis lawless

couldnt give a sh.........

Unread 11-10-2011, 09:45 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
dont care. long as west ham dont get it.
Fair enough, £#%&!ing hate 'em too, not sure this isn't good for 'em though.

Unread 11-10-2011, 10:24 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
i don't... it's a £#%&!ing horrible stadium, in a £#%&!ing horrible part of manchester... it's like something made out of lego. they can have it. same goes for all the other new-era stadiums - horrible, generic monstrosities.

i really like how well the development of OTs, been done - it's been increased in capacity but still kept some of the character; that said, i still prefer the ground as it was when i first started going [late 80s] to as it is now... but well, time moves on.
Still rather they didn't and never had it tbh.

Just imagine if it was still a top class athletics facility. Somewhere that is used for competition and for amateur athletes such as yourself to compete and train. Miles better use than for those divs imo.

Unread 11-10-2011, 10:27 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Still rather they didn't and never had it tbh.

Just imagine if it was still a top class athletics facility. Somewhere that is used for competition and for amateur athletes such as yourself to compete and train. Miles better use than for those divs imo.
absolutely no demand for it... they can't fill sports city - the european trials etc. i've watched down there didn't even half fill it...

salford harriers and manchester sale harriers train on the sports city track and i think that's all they -and anyone else- need.... the COMS would never be properly utilised for athletics alone...

Unread 11-10-2011, 10:28 AM
dunk

Quote:
absolutely no demand for it... they can't fill sports city - the european trials etc. i've watched down there didn't even half fill it...

salford harriers and manchester sale harriers train on the sports city track and i think that's all they -and anyone else- need.... the COMS would never be properly utilised for athletics alone...
True.

Would've been nice to have given it a chance though.

And City can't fill it ffs

Unread 11-10-2011, 10:33 AM
Lok

This works out better for West Ham as it'll be cheaper for them. Probably what they wanted all along.

Regarding City, how did they got away with renaming the stadium? Surely that £400m should have gone to the council.

There should be a Premier League rule that states that all clubs have to own their stadium outright (no mortgage) and the pitch belongs to the fans (so the stadium can't be moved without supporter permission).

Unread 11-10-2011, 10:35 AM
denis lawless

Thumbs down Re: West Ham Olympic Stadium deal collapses

its because athletics is a bit dull.....should just stick with it being dont once every 4 years at the olympics.

Unread 11-10-2011, 10:36 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
its because athletics is a bit dull.....should just stick with it being dont once every 4 years at the olympics.
or you just not watching it and keeping your opinions to yourself?

Unread 11-10-2011, 10:37 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
or you just not watching it and keeping your opinions to yourself?

Unread 11-10-2011, 10:38 AM
elhombre

Quote:
YOU MADE ME DO IT!

Unread 11-10-2011, 10:47 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
YOU MADE ME DO IT!
el......i have no doubt you enjoy your athletics ....but as a spectacle, watching people running around in circles and throwing various sharp or heavy objects doesnt really inspire ?

perhaps if the athletes got pissed first and then watching them trying to "find" the finish line might make it more entertaining

Unread 11-10-2011, 10:49 AM
elhombre

Quote:
el......i have no doubt you enjoy your athletics ....but as a spectacle, watching people running around in circles and throwing various sharp or heavy objects doesnt really inspire ?

perhaps if the athletes got pissed first and then watching them trying to "find" the finish line might make it more entertaining
hmm... ok; fair point.... athletics is a pretty dull spectator sport to most, hence why i suggested anything bigger than a 3k capacity stadium would be silly; but there are quality races every now and again and it does have a hardcore following...

Unread 11-10-2011, 10:56 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
hmm... ok; fair point.... athletics is a pretty dull spectator sport to most, hence why i suggested anything bigger than a 3k capacity stadium would be silly; but there are quality races every now and again and it does have a hardcore following...
thats all i was saying tbf...although in a dismissive and insensitive manner....for which i apologise

tbh though, i struggle to just "watch" sport.....far more prefer to actually compete myself

Unread 11-10-2011, 10:59 AM
redwhiteandblack

All it means is West Ham will sell Upton Park and rent this one from the OPLC rather than owning it outright, thus making sure that Gold/Sullivan pocket a hefty amount from the sale of the ground while the club have no asset and have to find the dosh in their budget each year to pay the rent. Great for Gold/Sullivan, not so great for West Ham.
Closed Thread