United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Coracao

Default Re: Ravel Morrison's Manchester United future hanging in the balance

Oliver Kay in his Times web chat today:

"I should say, for the uninitiated, that Ravel Morrison is a 17-year-old Mancunian wonderkid from a very tough background. A United coach mentioned him to me in 2007 as the best kid they had seen since the Giggs/ScholesBeckham era, but added that he was in with a bad crowd and would be playing Sunday League before he was out of his teens unless he and they could get him under control. He is currently not playing for United's reserve team due to an off-the-field issue which I'm not going to go into here."

Unread 20-01-2011, 05:09 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Posted elsewhere but made me giggle

Morrison-son-son
He's our midfield magician
Morrison-son-son
He got gripped with a gun
Goochy Close on the left
Doddington on the right
He spreads fear. He sells gear
And he shits on Jack Wilsh-eeere.

Unread 20-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Throw

Gone are the days when £#%&!ing up Percy Thrower's garden was a nawty as it got.

Unread 20-01-2011, 05:16 PM
dunk

I just hope they keep hold of him and all this shit is the wake-up call he needs.

Lenient judge, out on tag under the guidance of someone at United and pushes on to become a top player.

Of course, that is all highly unlikely...

Unread 20-01-2011, 05:23 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I just hope they keep hold of him and all this shit is the wake-up call he needs.

Lenient judge, out on tag under the guidance of someone at United and pushes on to become a top player.

Fergie will do the right thing.

Unread 20-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Make Jason his agent?

Unread 20-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Mr_Ed

In every bag of Ravell's - you always get a few dodgy ones.....

Unread 20-01-2011, 07:26 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
burn the pizza place down?

Unread 20-01-2011, 10:45 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Aye just hope the kick up the arse that spurs him on to knuckling down and getting shit right isn't being kicked out of United. Wes would be the obvious mentor within the club as he was knocking about with a comparable crowd but was nowhere near as stupid in putting himself in to situations.

Does he not £#%&!ing see if he carries on with this shit the options other than football are prison or quite possibly death.

Would be a shame and a waste if he doesn't sort it out.

Unread 20-01-2011, 10:56 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Aye just hope the kick up the arse that spurs him on to knuckling down and getting shit right isn't being kicked out of United. Wes would be the obvious mentor within the club as he was knocking about with a comparable crowd but was nowhere near as stupid in putting himself in to situations.

Does he not £#%&!ing see if he carries on with this shit the options other than football are prison or quite possibly death.

Would be a shame and a waste if he doesn't sort it out.
I know and know of the vast majority of that crowd, the consensus seems to be that Wes was only really interested in his football, far more of a background character, more grounded. A few people that grew up round there reckoned he wasn't as good as one of his brothers or one of his mates, I forget which, he never stood out when they were playing, but Wes was dedicated.

From what I've read, Ravel seems far more the attention seeker/ring leader type, which isn't good, unless he's on a football pitch, obviously.

Unread 20-01-2011, 11:06 PM
borsuk

we all hope he develops right and gets on some sort of sensible path but constant forgiving of transgressions can cause problems. at some point he needs to see some genuine negative result from bad choices - it may be that he won't sort himself out until something happens like him getting kicked out of the club.

Unread 21-01-2011, 11:45 PM
Withers

http://twitter.com/#!/Ravel_Morrison

Real or not?

Unread 22-01-2011, 01:09 AM
Grandadanne

It will be a great loss to football,to Manchester United,but most of all to this young man if it`s not sorted and he takes the dark path.

Unread 22-01-2011, 01:55 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Nope.
Closed Thread