United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-01-2011, 12:22 AM
Coracao

Default Ravel Morrison's Manchester United future hanging in the balance

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...chester-united

Manchester United are holding top-level talks to determine whether Ravel Morrison has a future at Old Trafford because of off-field issues affecting one of the more promising young players to come through the club's ranks since Sir Alex Ferguson's "golden generation".

Morrison, 17, made his debut for the first team in October, coming on as a substitute in the Carling Cup fourth-round tie against Wolverhampton Wanderers. The teenager is rated as one of the more naturally talented players to emerge from the youth academy since the breakthrough of Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes but his career at Old Trafford is now in the balance.

Morrison, who turned professional on his 17th birthday last February and has represented England at Under-18, Under-17 and Under-16 level, has not been involved in United's past two reserve fixtures. The club are considering all options for the left-sided attacker and a decision will be made in the next two weeks.

Rafael da Silva will learn his punishment on Friday after admitting a Football Association charge of improper conduct for his reaction to being sent off in Sunday's goalless draw at Tottenham Hotspur.

The right-back was charged because of his protests after the referee, Mike Dean, showed him a second yellow card for a foul on Benoît Assou-Ekotto.

United believe accepting the charge reduces the risk of Rafael's one-match ban being extended but the player's behaviour was condemned today by the former Premier League referee Jeff Winter.

"His into-the-face verbal aggression was bang out of order," Winter said. "That needs to be knocked out of his game. He certainly has a lot of ability but [it] comes with attitude, emulating his long-time predecessor in the right full-back position at United [Gary Neville]."

Wayne Rooney's reaction has attracted criticism and Winter added: "Once again Rooney did not come out of the incident with too much credit. His foul-mouthed opinions to the ref earned him a yellow card, which could easily have been a red.

"It is always the case that the bigger teams, who are more used to winning, are the worst when it comes to dissent. Referees know that upsetting those clubs does them no favours as the authorities tend to be unlikely to support them and dish out punishments. [Referees] then turn a deaf ear to the worst abuse and it continues to go on, setting a very bad example to youngsters."

Unread 19-01-2011, 12:23 AM
Coracao

Default Re: Ravel Morrison's Manchester United future hanging in the balance

Taylor had previously quashed rumours in December that he had been suspended.

Unread 19-01-2011, 12:25 AM
Sparky***

I think i speak for everybody here when i say that i'm deeply, deeply shocked.

Unread 19-01-2011, 12:32 AM
Stretlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I think i speak for everybody here when i say that i'm deeply, deeply shocked.
why are you shocked, the lads clearly a complete #@&%!, I think "disappointed" would be more appropriate

Unread 19-01-2011, 12:32 AM
dunk

Unread 19-01-2011, 12:34 AM
Switching Off

Not really saying much considering how many words they've used.

However, it would be a shame if that talent were wasted. I expect SAF will do everything in his power to keep him on the straight and narrow.

Unread 19-01-2011, 12:34 AM
eddie_red

Thumbs down Re: Ravel Morrison's Manchester United future hanging in the balance

Jeff Winter FFS

Unread 19-01-2011, 12:37 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretlow
why are you shocked, the lads clearly a complete #@&%!, I think "disappointed" would be more appropriate
Actually i think "whoosh" would be.

Unread 19-01-2011, 12:39 AM
Whalefish

If he's let go Citeh will be in like a shot.

Unread 19-01-2011, 12:40 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Actually i think "whoosh" would be.
Poor form here, Sparky. You could've pushed this to the next level.

Unread 19-01-2011, 12:40 AM
suedeshoes

What's Morrison actually done? Apart from being a rude bwoy an ting, what's his indiscretions? Being a @#%&! dosn't stop several members of the first team getting a game.

Unread 19-01-2011, 12:43 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
What's Morrison actually done? Apart from being a rude bwoy an ting, what's his indiscretions? Being a @#%&! dosn't stop several members of the first team getting a game.
Partytown - I agree but the guy has no morals beating his bird up in the trafford centre,being in a car with drugs and guns stealing from the club,stealing from team mates,witness intimidation if he wasnt so good he would be long gone

Unread 19-01-2011, 12:44 AM
taff

it's alright, keane will pay 6 million for him wherever he ends up

jeff winter appears to be acting the mouthy @#%&! now he's far away from the action; we all know when faced with big decisions he'd have shit it just like the rest of his 'colleagues'

Unread 19-01-2011, 12:44 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
there was thread on here a couple of weeks ago, seems to have been removed, probably not advisable to bang it all on here, but some pretty serious allegations were being banded about.

edit - or maybe it is - mods you decide

Unread 19-01-2011, 12:47 AM
borsuk

love the way the party line has become 'big bad united getting away with stuff again', conveniently forgetting that it was united who got a red card described by the opposition manager as 'harsh'.

Unread 19-01-2011, 12:47 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
there was thread on here a couple of weeks ago, seems to have been removed, probably not advisable to bang it all on here, but some pretty serious allegations were being banded about.

edit - or maybe it is - mods you decide
The most serious* one was actually covered by the mirror;

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-21328227/

* Depending on your outlook!

Unread 19-01-2011, 12:48 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
love the way the party line has become 'big bad united getting away with stuff again', conveniently forgetting that it was united who got a red card described by the opposition manager as 'harsh'.
i always make a point of saying to my mates everytime something like this happens "same old united, getting all the decisions" they chuckle but they know what i mean.

last week it went for us, this week it went against us. swings and roundabouts.

but not according to half the mongs in the media.

Unread 19-01-2011, 12:49 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
and as i pointed out elsewhere

red card and dragged through the media - for minimal contact.

previous week - berbs accused of diving, following minimal contact

please tell me which way it works.

Unread 19-01-2011, 12:49 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Partytown - I agree but the guy has no morals beating his bird up in the trafford centre,being in a car with drugs and guns stealing from the club,stealing from team mates,witness intimidation if he wasnt so good he would be long gone
More @#%&!ish than you're avarage @#%&! then? Has he been charged with any of these things? Dont spose it matters in the 'grand' scheme. Pre M&M, pre-Glazer, pre-Rooney #@&%!-sucking Fergie would've £#%&!ed him off by now but the old mans an old man now.

Unread 19-01-2011, 12:54 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
The most serious* one was actually covered by the mirror;

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-21328227/

* Depending on your outlook!

I think the most serious crime there is that he is being compared to Theo Walcott
Closed Thread