Closed Thread

Unread 18-01-2011, 02:19 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: Balotelli > Rooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
absolute %@#$&!s.

rooney is better than ronaldo ffs.
if we had to lose one of them, it would be ronaldo every time. rooney makes the team tick.

yours truly

blinkered top red living in the 'M' postcode
You forgot to mention how much he loves United, reminds you of Giggs & Scholes, how he ‘gets it’ etc etc.

Unread 18-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Cream

Default Re: Balotelli > Rooney

Quote:
absolute %@#$&!s.

rooney is better than ronaldo ffs.
if we had to lose one of them, it would be ronaldo every time. rooney makes the team tick.

yours truly

blinkered top red living in the 'M' postcode
Every time Rooney has been injured/awol for prolonged periods we've suffered.

Yet we always seemed to cope without Ronaldo.

How do you explain this, oh enlightened one?

Unread 18-01-2011, 02:34 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem
Every time Rooney has been injured/awol for prolonged periods we've suffered.

Yet we always seemed to cope without Ronaldo.

How do you explain this, oh enlightened one?
are you serious.

one is the best player in the world, one isnt even in the top 5.

Unread 18-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Cream

Quote:
are you serious.

I didn't say Ronaldo was overrated, you said Rooney was overrated.

But for United, somehow, Rooney being absent seems to affect us more than ANY other player.

Unread 18-01-2011, 02:41 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
are you serious.

Ooooooh Ibra will sulk if he reads that.

Unread 18-01-2011, 02:45 PM
MJ Ramone

Yep, gawd bless Ronaldo.
He epitomises everything a United player should be - loyal, selfless, pulling on a Real Madrid shirt every week

I can't defend Rooney this season because his form has been poor - although nowhere near as bad as some are (joyfully) making out. He's been pretty decent since that rehab in America. He was excellent against Arsenal (penalty miss aside) ...he played well in both Champions League games + he was very good in the League games against West Brom, Blackburn & Sunderland.
Equally he's had a few poor games too - most recently on Sunday.

Not quite sure why this Thread has turned into a Ronaldo #@&%!-sucking fest (there's enough of them already)

Anyone who thinks Balotelli is a better player than Rooney is either taking the piss or is a bit simple tbf.

Unread 18-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Yep, gawd bless Ronaldo.
He epitomises everything a United player should be - loyal, selfless, pulling on a Real Madrid shirt every week

I can't defend Rooney this season because his form has been poor - although nowhere near as bad as some are (joyfully) making out. He's been pretty decent since that rehab in America. He was excellent against Arsenal (penalty miss aside) ...he played well in both Champions League games + he was very good in the League games against West Brom, Blackburn & Sunderland.

Not quite sure why this Thread has turned into a Ronaldo #@&%!-sucking fest (there's enough of them already)

Anyone who thinks Balotelli is a better player than Rooney is either taking the piss or is a bit simple tbf.
Mario Balotelli for example.

Unread 18-01-2011, 03:03 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

You have to hand it to Balotelli he knows a thing or two about loyalty.

"Do I envy Cassano for going to AC Milan? A little," Balotelli told Extra Time. "[Milan owner] Silvio Berlusconi said that Cassano is the best Italian talent - he's wrong or doesn't know Balotelli.

"Me with Ibra and Cassano at Milan? It'll happen soon. For this year, and another, I will stay at City where I'm fine."

Unread 18-01-2011, 03:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
You have to hand it to Balotelli he knows a thing or two about loyalty.

"Do I envy Cassano for going to AC Milan? A little," Balotelli told Extra Time. "[Milan owner] Silvio Berlusconi said that Cassano is the best Italian talent - he's wrong or doesn't know Balotelli.

"Me with Ibra and Cassano at Milan? It'll happen soon. For this year, and another, I will stay at City where I'm fine."

He's ace.

Unread 18-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Yep, gawd bless Ronaldo.

Sorry MJ, you know I loved rooney as a player but this season he has been shown up as nothing but a dishonest, greedy shit.

like tiger woods, his game seems to have gone to pot after his private life exploded on the front pages.

i don't know what his £#%&!ing problem is - and quite frankly i don't care anymore. Whatever it is, it doesn't excuse his seemingly awful basic football technique at times. What the £#%&! has been doing for the last 15 years of his life, because trapping and passing a £#%&!ing ball seem to be beyond him.

the fact that he's been given a nice, juicy fat contract is an even bigger slap in the face to the supporters. £250k a week. A £#%&!ING WEEK. For what?

I've lost all patience with him.

Unread 18-01-2011, 03:18 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Sorry MJ, you know I loved rooney as a player but this season he has been shown up as nothing but a dishonest, greedy shit.

like tiger woods, his game seems to have gone to pot after his private life exploded on the front pages.

i don't know what his £#%&!ing problem is - and quite frankly i don't care anymore. Whatever it is, it doesn't excuse his seemingly awful basic football technique at times. What the £#%&! has been doing for the last 15 years of his life, because trapping and passing a £#%&!ing ball seem to be beyond him.

the fact that he's been given a nice, juicy fat contract is an even bigger slap in the face to the supporters. £250k a week. A £#%&!ING WEEK. For what?

I've lost all patience with him.
In a nutshell.

And the performances that have been better than awful have been greatly exagerated, West Brom being a case in point, he was quite good at best, yet was heralded as superb in some quarters, he was decent against Blackburn, I thought he was poor against Arsenal, albeit in difficult circumstances.

Needs a long break, or a huge kick up the arse.

Unread 18-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Kev's going to flip when he reads this

Unread 18-01-2011, 03:24 PM
red in cumbria

Not defending the Scouse git particularly, but I strongly suspect he still isn't 100% fit.

Unread 18-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
nah i like rooney.
good player just abit overrated and at the moment its hard to disagree.

i dont know if he has deteriorated as a player but its either that or his footballing brain isnt working at the moment.

he cant even hit a ball clean with his laces anymore (the way gibson can). him and scholes used to be two players who could really spank a ball from just outside the box but it seems rooney cant anymore. on sunday he has two chances and he scuffed both of them and to be honest thats the first time in years he has attempted to hit it as its really some sort of weird chip that hasnt worked since boro in the cup 4 years ago.

he also likes to pull away from goal and not try beat a defender and bear down on goal. its always peel to the left come back facing away from goal and some sort of cross to the far post...

hope he pulls his finger out as im actually begining to have more faith in berbatov than him.
so it's taken 6 months of berba having all the attacking play revolve around him (and nani, when on form) for you to start to have more faith in him?

fair play, takes a big man to admit that

can't disagree that Rooney's having a poor season but with everything that's going on in his circus act life, or rather has been going on, it's half expected. Luckily berba's stepped up to the plate in a big way, we're top of the league unbeaten and if Rooney can click for the last few months of the season we'll piss the league and hopefully do well in Europe - although it's difficult to see past barca again unless we play them before the final

I'm not overly concerned. I don't believe all the sentationalist nonsense about him leaving in the summer, not for a second. We have pea who does well off the bench, and as I say it would be a concern if we weren't scoring enough but we are.

Conclusion: Pre-ty, pre-ty good

Unread 18-01-2011, 03:36 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
In a nutshell.

And the performances that have been better than awful have been greatly exagerated, West Brom being a case in point, he was quite good at best, yet was heralded as superb in some quarters, he was decent against Blackburn, I thought he was poor against Arsenal, albeit in difficult circumstances.

He was excellent against Arsenal. His hold up play, distribution & all round game was back to his old self that night.
He battered the Arsenal back 4 on his own at times.

Obviously I don't disagree with the opinion that Rooney has been on a bizarre path of 'self distruction' in the past 10 months or so. He has really £#%&!ed up on & off the pitch. His form, reputation & standing amongst United fans has deteriorated as a result.
If he'd been given a payrise & a new contract this time last year he'd have fully deserved it, but getting it this year, under those circumstances was pretty £#%&!ed up.

However - Footballers are paid obscene wages & very few of them are particularly arsed about the Club they play for. It's just the way it is.
There are far more important things in life to worry about than the morals & wage packets of Footballers.

Unread 18-01-2011, 03:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
He was excellent against Arsenal. His hold up play, distribution & all round game was back to his old self that night.
He battered the Arsenal back 4 on his own at times.

Obviously I don't disagree with the opinion that Rooney has been on a bizarre path of 'self distruction' in the past 10 months or so. He has really £#%&!ed up on & off the pitch. His form, reputation & standing amongst United fans has deteriorated as a result.
If he'd been given a payrise & a new contract this time last year he'd have fully deserved it, but getting it this year, under those circumstances was pretty £#%&!ed up.

However - Footballers are paid obscene wages & very few of them are particularly arsed about the Club they play for. It's just the way it is.
There are far more important things in life to worry about than the morals & wage packets of Footballers.
£#%&! me, you're easily pleased. He did nothing of the sort, he did alright, little more, and ballooned his penalty.

Unread 18-01-2011, 03:43 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs down Re: Balotelli > Rooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You’ve got to be joking...a break? I think he’s already had enough of them this season. For a guy whose regularly (and laughably) compared to Messi and Ronaldo, his performances have been an absolute joke. One season of consistent goal scoring in his entire career and he gets £250K a week

Unread 18-01-2011, 03:45 PM
borsuk

i still reckon he'll be £#%&!ed off in the summer. got a pay bump to play the rest of the season, united get a fee, his agents gets a cut, rooney gets what he wants, united bring in somebody else, everybody's happy. more or less.

edit

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...5&postcount=80

nothing's changed since then imo

Unread 18-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Coracao

Some holocausts taking place in this thread

Unread 18-01-2011, 03:56 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
You’ve got to be joking...a break? I think he’s already had enough of them this season. For a guy whose regularly (and laughably) compared to Messi and Ronaldo, his performances have been an absolute joke. One season of consistent goal scoring in his entire career and he gets £250K a week
I say break because I'm convinced he isn't fit. They seem to be able to get him fit enough to play then he manages 2 or 3 games before aggravating that left ankle again. I reckon it probably needs either 2 or 3 months rest or operating on to get it right again.
Closed Thread