United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-01-2011, 02:47 PM
andyroo

Default Re: Darren Bent to Villa for 18mill

It's a bit harsh on that Delfouneso lad who seemed to be on the brink of a breakthrough and looks pretty useful.

Cheeky bid?

Unread 17-01-2011, 02:48 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
If Bruce is allowed to spend the money, it will probably be a good move for Sunderland.
Yep, got his head screwed on when it comes to bringing players in the majority of the time. Valencia, Rodellega, Palacios, Figueroa, Cattermole and N'Zogbia spring to mind at Wigan, for instance. If he could come up with another 1 or 2 signings of the quality of those, Sunderland will be laughing.

Unread 17-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Baron

Apparently, since 2005 the top scorers in the league are...

Rooney - 82
Drogba - 82
Bent - 81

His goal scoring isn't in doubt. Bit 'Andy Cole' with his reputation, but he scores against the big sides as well as the fodder & is consistent with it.

Bit mental he's basically gone for the same money Ibrahimovic did though & only £3m less than Dzeko as well.

Unread 17-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Harri Jaffa

Apart from the money there is no reason to leave Sunderland for Villa

Unread 17-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
agreed. good age, english, scores loads. not sure why people think its a lot.

Because if you'd watched him closely recently, he hasn't seem the same since his injury.

I know form is temorary and all that, but I think this hamstring injury has really affected him, both physically and psychologically. His game is based around and pace and finishing, without that he doesn't offer a lot. He looks way off the pace at the moment.

The change from 4-5-1 hasn't helped things either, the whole team was geared towards him scoring. Since then he has been playing as more as the fulcrum of the team, with Gyan and Welbeck playing to his side but you might as well put Bramble up there cos Bent doesn't have the touch or the ability in tight areas.

Brucey look so pissed off with him yesterday, wasting chance after chance. I think he'll buy more of a figurehead for the team, someone Gyan and Welbeck can feed off cos they need someone who can hold the ball under pressure

Unread 17-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Apart from the money there is no reason to leave Sunderland for Villa
Having to live in Sunderland is probably the problem.

Unread 17-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
I don't understand the reason behind Bent leaving SUnderland for Villa the only reason I can think of is financial.

As for the £18 million, sounds like a lot of money, but when you consider that Bent certainly knows where the goal is & will pretty much guarentee you 15-20 leagues a season then I don't think it is that bad at all considering City just paid £28 million plus for Dzeko. Bent has been one of the leagues top scorers at Charlton & Sunderland & would have been at Spurs given a chance.

IMO, good deal for Villa & Sunderland as they already have Gyan as a replacement & if they invest the cash wisely it could be a good deal all around.
Under the sea?

Unread 17-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
There's always that...

Unread 17-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
I don't understand the reason behind Bent leaving SUnderland for Villa the only reason I can think of is financial.

As for the £18 million, sounds like a lot of money, but when you consider that Bent certainly knows where the goal is & will pretty much guarentee you 15-20 leagues a season then I don't think it is that bad at all considering City just paid £28 million plus for Dzeko. Bent has been one of the leagues top scorers at Charlton & Sunderland & would have been at Spurs given a chance.

IMO, good deal for Villa & Sunderland as they already have Gyan as a replacement & if they invest the cash wisely it could be a good deal all around.

Gyan is nothing like Bent.

Unread 17-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Imagine living somewhere so bad that the chance of living in Birmingham seems attractive.

Unread 17-01-2011, 03:01 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Imagine living somewhere so bad that the chance of living in Birmingham seems attractive.

Unread 17-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
not for bent it isnt, hes scored most of sunderlands goals the last couple of seasons.

£#%&! off larde

gyan is as good a player. 18m for darren bent

That Boy Ronaldo!

Feel sorry for Brucey.

Remember Wigan having a great season a couple of years back, Palacious wanted to move and they had a bad end to the season after that. Same again here

Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Because if you'd watched him closely recently, he hasn't seem the same since his injury.

I know form is temorary and all that, but I think this hamstring injury has really affected him, both physically and psychologically. His game is based around and pace and finishing, without that he doesn't offer a lot. He looks way off the pace at the moment.

The change from 4-5-1 hasn't helped things either, the whole team was geared towards him scoring. Since then he has been playing as more as the fulcrum of the team, with Gyan and Welbeck playing to his side but you might as well put Bramble up there cos Bent doesn't have the touch or the ability in tight areas.

Brucey look so pissed off with him yesterday, wasting chance after chance. I think he'll buy more of a figurehead for the team, someone Gyan and Welbeck can feed off cos they need someone who can hold the ball under pressure
i think thats the main thing.

id be surprised if bruce was happy to let him go though

Unread 17-01-2011, 03:03 PM
dodger

Quote:
agreed. good age, english, scores loads. not sure why people think its a lot.
Not sure why this would be seen as an advantage?

Unread 17-01-2011, 03:07 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Apparently, since 2005 the top scorers in the league are...

Rooney - 82
Drogba - 82
Bent - 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

£#%&! off larde

gyan is as good a player. 18m for darren bent
his goalscoring record cannot be argued with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Not sure why this would be seen as an advantage?
it just is. theres always a premium for good english players

Unread 17-01-2011, 03:10 PM
dodger

Quote:

I know, I'm just waiting to hear a good reason why. Especially given the make up of most clubs squads these days

Part 36 Offer

Quote:
his goalscoring record cannot be argued with.

decent player but as has been said he has looked off the pace this season

he looks like he is a yard slower and has put a bit of weight on

he missed a hatful of easy chances yesterday.

18m is bite your hand off stuff. brucey will have someone in mind. he could get two very good players for that

Whip Hubley

Thumbs up Re: Darren Bent to Villa for 18mill

So in conclusion:

- Good for Bent, he no longer has to live in Sunderland
- Good for Sunderland, they no longer have to live with bent. And they get £18m to spend
- Good for Villa, because they're shit
- Good for us if Sunderland acquire the welsh midget, and play Welbeck more

Is this the first positive £#%&!ing thread on this forum this year then or what

Just wait til sparky sees it. "We should have bought him, we're not going to win anything without bent"

Unread 17-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I know, I'm just waiting to hear a good reason why. Especially given the make up of most clubs squads these days
possibly due to the homegrown rules, not sure tbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
decent player but as has been said he has looked off the pace this season

he looks like he is a yard slower and has put a bit of weight on

he missed a hatful of easy chances yesterday.

18m is bite your hand off stuff. brucey will have someone in mind. he could get two very good players for that
you could easily have been talking about rooney there, doesnt mean we should be looking to get rid of him on the cheap. bent is 26 and i doubt his career is over
Closed Thread