United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 20-01-2010, 05:31 PM
Whip Hubley

Exclamation LUHG - Ideas + Info dump

Good work armchair on a sub forum

Just to collate a few of my previous posts on other threads:

Firstly, i'm attending the steering committee meeting which is either next weekend, or hopefully, this coming weekend. If anyone has any ideas which they think are valid please stick them in here and i'll take them along without editing. We just need as many ideas as possible to stick into the melting pot, and there's enough funds as far as i'm aware to put a few into action.

The best i've personally seen:
  • Big protest at the milan game - either a delayed walk in or, imo the better option, a planned 5 min walk out
  • Green and gold colours in abundance
  • Email your local MP and the sports minister
  • If possible avoid buying pies, drinks etc in the ground and stuff in the megastore - the usual boycotting stuff

I'll be listing emails of MP's etc as soon as i get around to it, unless someone else does it first in which case cheers

All this, along with the planned disruption of the road show will send a message that will leave the glazers without any doubt whatsoever that the majority of United fans are of the belief they are doing untold damage to the club and it's future

Also any details of planned protests/initiatives i'll place in an edited version of the top post and i'll do my best to keep it update.

Unread 20-01-2010, 06:10 PM
42ndstreet irregular

These road shows. Is there any way to find out what companies/individuals have been invited or attending? If so that is a place to start by bombarding the potential bond purchasers just before the presentation so they either don't show or at least have doubts in pruchasing any.

Unread 20-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Ben

not sure if this info should go public or not but iv heard that mr gill will be at one of the roadshows in birmingham.

Unread 20-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42ndstreet irregular
These road shows. Is there any way to find out what companies/individuals have been invited or attending? If so that is a place to start by bombarding the potential bond purchasers just before the presentation so they either don't show or at least have doubts in pruchasing any.
Yeah I know people who are aware of the locations and dates etc there's obviously a way because potential investors have to know about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben
not sure if this info should go public or not but iv heard that mr gill will be at one of the roadshows in birmingham.
There you go. That would be a supremely good place I think it needs to be done in a controlled way though - something like a flash mob would be all well and good but it would be better with say 20 odd informed individuals going round giving 'info' to potential investors about why they shouldn't do anything

Unread 20-01-2010, 08:31 PM
TravellingRed

Would it be possible for one of the more eloquent fredsters to write a basic template for a letter to be sent to your local MP and/or culture/shadow culture minister. I for one am shite at letter writing so if there was a basic template I'm sure a lot more people would join in? The more they get pestered the more likely they are to do something about it imo.

Unread 20-01-2010, 08:34 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed81
Would it be possible for one of the more eloquent fredsters to write a basic template for a letter to be sent to your local MP and/or culture/shadow culture minister. I for one am shite at letter writing so if there was a basic template I'm sure a lot more people would join in? The more they get pestered the more likely they are to do something about it imo.
not sure how long back the database goes back at RI if you are a member there. there were loads of these and a list of all the mp's you could contact.

Unread 20-01-2010, 08:40 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
not sure how long back the database goes back at RI if you are a member there. there were loads of these and a list of all the mp's you could contact.
I was a member, not been on there for donkeys though. I'll have a look, if we can get the list up and some templates it would make it easier for people to do this.

EDIT: I've just been over there and there isn't a search function so thats a negatory on getting a template. Well not one I could see anyway. Right I'm off for a long shower I feel dirty after visiting that gaffe

Unread 20-01-2010, 09:37 PM
elephantstone

Borsuk has been writing to various orgs give him a nudge

Unread 21-01-2010, 01:45 AM
schnitzel

Thing is, the debt as I understand it is not Uniteds its the controlling companys so boycotting purchases inside the ground, Shirt sales and is bound to happen inflated ticket prices only pushes us nearer a Leeds and or Portsmouth scenario.

Creating this sub forum now (how many years after the Glazers took over) and not having one since this forum was created, the trophies won and the "coincedence" that after the last debt announcement and our current (or seasons form) it has been now smacks of displeasure of results rather than immediate support.

Those thousands that went to FC which are now lambasted could of done with this support then.

My point and I love United is can we not speak with A Walsh and some of the other guys from FC, they never stopped loving United and have more experience of the fight than us now, its obviousley squeaky bum time.

No offence intended with what has happened in the past bit we need to get these few thousand lads and lasses on board.

Unread 21-01-2010, 05:14 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnitzel
Thing is, the debt as I understand it is not Uniteds its the controlling companys so boycotting purchases inside the ground, Shirt sales and is bound to happen inflated ticket prices only pushes us nearer a Leeds and or Portsmouth scenario.

Creating this sub forum now (how many years after the Glazers took over) and not having one since this forum was created, the trophies won and the "coincedence" that after the last debt announcement and our current (or seasons form) it has been now smacks of displeasure of results rather than immediate support.

Those thousands that went to FC which are now lambasted could of done with this support then.

My point and I love United is can we not speak with A Walsh and some of the other guys from FC, they never stopped loving United and have more experience of the fight than us now, its obviousley squeaky bum time.

No offence intended with what has happened in the past bit we need to get these few thousand lads and lasses on board.
plenty of people who helped form fc, and plenty who go to watch them, are on this board. don't think that just because something appears to be gaining steam now it hasn't always been an issue with many people, or that they haven't tried things before.

on the point about andy walsh et al, of course. the more people are pulling in the same direction, the better.

Unread 21-01-2010, 06:22 AM
bcred

I think the point about sticking together and having a focused plan of action.
Is very valid,there has been so much division it makes me very sad.

Is MUST sending press releases to let the newspapers know what we are doing?

Surely the Must strategy should be to list half a dozen ideas and ask reds to support the point they most feel comfortable with.

Unread 21-01-2010, 08:28 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:

What he said. There seems to be a bit of toolittletoolateism about now that finally the debt that some of us have been shouting about for nearly 5 years is actually affecting the football played on the field.

Unread 21-01-2010, 08:47 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

We are as far as i'm aware. Yeah obviously the timing is coinciding with poor results on the pitches - although the 80% reason is the figures now coming out in plain black and white which everyone can understand - but surely that's the point? Most people are of the belief we are short of 2-3 world class players and historically, under the PLC at least, we'd easily have the money to go and get them.

Anyone who buys what fergie is saying about 'no value' needs their heads checking - he's waiting until the glazers arrange some kind of overdraft to go and spend a wad, making it look like we had money all along

Unread 21-01-2010, 08:51 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
What he said. There seems to be a bit of toolittletoolateism about now that finally the debt that some of us have been shouting about for nearly 5 years is actually affecting the football played on the field.
A holier than thou approach, which if i may say so that post smacks a little bit of (intentional or not), is exactly the kind of stuff that's not gonna help

If FC fans start taking the moral high ground and basically saying "we told you so" it's utterly unhelpful, whatever point they may have.

Personally, I was a founder member of FC and went to a few games at the start before drifting back to United for the usual reasons. I did what I thought was best, as did thousands of others at the time.

It could also be argued if FC hadn't been set up, there'd be many thousands more inside OT now to make their voices heard as it was a large part of the 'hardcore' support that went.

But we have to stay away from the FC vs MUFC debate, it's just not constructive. Now is the time to come together and do something for the good of the club - if FC fans truly want MUFC to be the best it can for the future I don't they'll have any issue helping out. A bit of unity for a change would be £#%&!ing fantastic

Unread 21-01-2010, 09:01 AM
42ndstreet irregular

Quote:
Does it matter how long or what the reasons are? If it took a few bad results to finally hit it home then so be it. Nobody as said that FC fans aren't welcome. I haven't seen exclusive invitations being sent out to top reds. Now is not the time to start saying I told you so.

Anyway I personally think it's starting to hit home with the bonds stuff and the threat of selling Carrington and OT rather than some results.

EDIT:Basically what Mike said covers it. I should really learn to not jump in and reply straight away sometimes.

Unread 21-01-2010, 09:13 AM
Pete's Shoes

This is just a thought but would it be beneficial if MUST or IMUSA set up their own TV channel on YouTube presenting a daily bulletin with the facts as we have them that aren't really given out by the club or washed over, it could feature interviews with journos who are trying to get the Glazer story out but are stifled by their organisations not wanting to piss the club off and it would provide a proper alternative to MUTV. It would be cheap, easy to produce and in these days of new media, facebook, myspace etc it would soon have a worldwide mass audience. Like I say just an idea

Unread 21-01-2010, 09:46 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
We are as far as i'm aware. Yeah obviously the timing is coinciding with poor results on the pitches - although the 80% reason is the figures now coming out in plain black and white which everyone can understand - but surely that's the point? Most people are of the belief we are short of 2-3 world class players and historically, under the PLC at least, we'd easily have the money to go and get them.

Anyone who buys what fergie is saying about 'no value' needs their heads checking - he's waiting until the glazers arrange some kind of overdraft to go and spend a wad, making it look like we had money all along
I'm sorry but I just don't believe that for a single second, whilst things were going well on the pitch the vast majority could not have cared if Satan himself owned the club.
This isn't anything to do with FC United for, against or anywhere inbetween, its a statment of dilsillousionment with fellow united fans. The I told you so fact is always going to be there but I would also advise everyone to do exactly what many of us have done from the start, No money to United, no Audis, no Jaffa Cakes, no Pepsi, no Buweiser, no AIG etc.

Unread 21-01-2010, 09:59 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete's Shoes
This is just a thought but would it be beneficial if MUST or IMUSA set up their own TV channel on YouTube presenting a daily bulletin with the facts as we have them that aren't really given out by the club or washed over, it could feature interviews with journos who are trying to get the Glazer story out but are stifled by their organisations not wanting to piss the club off and it would provide a proper alternative to MUTV. It would be cheap, easy to produce and in these days of new media, facebook, myspace etc it would soon have a worldwide mass audience. Like I say just an idea
I like it. not aware of any such channel at the moment myself but then not really looked

Unread 21-01-2010, 10:05 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
I'm sorry but I just don't believe that for a single second, whilst things were going well on the pitch the vast majority could not have cared if Satan himself owned the club.
This isn't anything to do with FC United for, against or anywhere inbetween, its a statment of dilsillousionment with fellow united fans. The I told you so fact is always going to be there but I would also advise everyone to do exactly what many of us have done from the start, No money to United, no Audis, no Jaffa Cakes, no Pepsi, no Buweiser, no AIG etc.
I can only go off what people I know are saying.

Yeah if we were winning everything and investment was being put back in the team on a decent basis, not many would give a damn. But surely now, because the situation is like that, it's a good time to drive home the other messages and try and get a part of the club back spiritually with the fans?

"The I told you so fact is always going to be there"

Why? As I said there's a perfectly valid argument which states if 3000-4000 hadn't abandoned old trafford we'd be in a much stronger position to protest. Anyone who says they know for sure that the club was £#%&!ed (i'm not talking about other reasons such as percieved lack of atmos at OT) is bullshitting because the figures simply were not there.

It's very very easy to say I told you so but that's not taking the high ground, the right thing for FC to do, both for the club and the fans, is to get right behind any action. I can't see why they wouldn't since as I'm told on a regular basis, "they're all reds" ?

Can I just qualify it with the fact I have no personal issue whatsoever with FC, as I said i'm a founding member, but if anyone who goes to FC says "£#%&! them they deserve it", they need a good shoeing.

Anyway can I move away from this argument back to ideas

Unread 21-01-2010, 10:33 AM
42ndstreet irregular

Quote:
Again though why does the reason matter

People are starting to get together again. If it means we get them out quicker do you really care the reason why people started protesting again?

It may well have been a lot sooner if there was a total boycott. There wasn't though, simple. We cannot go back in time. It didn't happen get over it. Look to the future. See where this leads.

There will be people who didn't care about the Glazers who now do. To tell them there is no room at the inn when they finally come knocking will likely put them off joining in any protest. To welcome them inside with open arms and tell them you've missed them and their input means that you get more ideas, you get more support, you get more word of mouth to other stragglers, you get a better chance of getting the Glazers out.

Do you think that someone who has cancer would question the motives of people offering to get rid of that cancer?

Whether you like it or not, you, we need help. Some of that help will hate FC, some will hate the OT matchgoers who goto the mega@#%&! each week. However until we finally regroup we will not achieve anything.