United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 18-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Ben

Default Green & Gold - Make a statement

taken from elsewhere but seems to me like a good idea...

Quote:
The thing that I have noticed particularly obvious about the whole Glazer takeover has been how good the Glazers have been at dividing the fans.

Even amongst my friends there are pro FC / Anti FC / Not A Penny More / Match Tickets Only & no pies e.t.c but the one thing that obviously unites (excuse the pun) all of us is our need to get rid of the £#%&!ers.

I honestly do not believe for one minute that it is possible to get everyone to agree to anything, as has been shown here, but one think is for sure we all hate the Glazers. Unfortunately because we have different ways of showing it, and different ideas it will/has got very diluted and this is a major blow to everyone except the Glazers.

I think scarves/hats/badges etc are a good idea, alright it's not very radical but it is something that realistically could be adopted by everyone from the 'terrorist bomb the bastards' section to the 'no pies inside' protestors.
One thing the chants inside OT this week did achieve should not be underestimated, and that is the fact that a lot more people were showing discontent than we imagined. Allright it's easy to chant but it's easy to wear a scarf/hat/badge/flag as well.

Now this bit might prove slightly controversial and it may sound like I am taking the piss but the big problem with the scarf/hat/badge/flag idea is that it is impossible to distinguish people who are wearing them and who are not. I therefore suggest that all anti glazer items be easily identifiable by making them a set colour (color for any Americans lurking).
My suggestion for this is Green/Gold of the old strip. This would make any anti glazer supporter stand out and a sea of green/gold could never go un-noticed on TV.
Also even thinks like green/gold cards or flyers of the back pages of fanzines (we would have to have a word with the mags about this) could be used to signify our dislike of the @#%&!s.
And I doubt it is possible for anyone to be ejected for wearing a green/gold scarf.

It mught be a shit idea, but if we can get ONE £#%&!ing thing to unite all of us then at least we have a start. I would gladly redo a section of the site in this colour and explain to a few thousand people what it means when they see anyone wearing this colour.

It's a visual impact, something that we have been severely lacking. And who knows, once people start to see how many people actually are opposed to this they may start being slightly more pro-active.

* As a side note if we ever played against Norwich it might get confusing, but £#%&! it.
** We considered black etc but it's hardly noticable on TV or amongst the red/black that people currently have.
*** Let's go one step at a time. Get the people wearing colours who give a £#%&!. If we later want to set off g/y flares, throw g/y scarves or paint the megastore g/y then that is another question for another day.

If you have a green/gold hat, scarf, badge, dog or child then you £#%&!ing hate glazer.

Comments please.

Unread 18-01-2010, 05:35 PM
forzagarza

Default Re: Green & Gold - Make a statement

Weeman is up for it.

Unread 18-01-2010, 05:36 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben
taken from elsewhere but seems to me like a good idea...
Right i'm gonna take my budgie to the next home game.

Unread 18-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Right i'm gonna take my budgie to the next home game.
canary would have been more specific for the colour

Unread 18-01-2010, 05:40 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
canary would have been more specific for the colour
Not so, you robbing @#%&!.

Unread 18-01-2010, 05:41 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Not so, you robbing @#%&!.

yep well so i can join in im going to rob your budgie

Unread 18-01-2010, 05:42 PM
Withers

Sounds like someone has a job lot of green and gold scarves.

Why the £#%&! would the Glazer's care what colour scarf you were wearing, I don't get it?

Unread 18-01-2010, 05:42 PM
armchair

Unread 18-01-2010, 05:45 PM
believe

what a shit idea. good luck with it.

Unread 18-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Sloppy

Unread 18-01-2010, 05:50 PM
elephantstone

I will fold my Irish tricolour and bring it down

Unread 18-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Sounds like someone has a job lot of green and gold scarves.

Why the £#%&! would the Glazer's care what colour scarf you were wearing, I don't get it?
They don't give a £#%&! what you're wearing. The point is to raise awareness and get more and more people to realise what's happening.

If there's one thing that's been noticeable, especially over the past week, it's that the majority, or at the very least a large minority of United fans all agree on one thing now the figures about the debt have come out - that the Glazers cannot continue at the helm of this club as they are likely to drive it into the ground.

What now has to be agreed upon is what action to take.

As I mentioned elsewhere this coming weekend there is to be a meeting of the steering committee - basically to decide what is to be done about the Glazers.

It seems so far that one of the more popular ideas is to initially take action during the Milan game. What to do has varied from something as radical as people handcuffing themselves to the turnstiles, to something as simple but effective as a delayed walk in or a 5 minute walk out.

I am personally of the opinion, as I've already said, that it has to be a bombardment - keep boycotting anyway you feel necessary, whether it be holding back on buying half time snacks or even staying away from games altogether. More LUHG stickers and flags, more chants, more protests inside and outside the ground, more emails and letters to MP's and 'celebrity' united fans. The aim of this is not necessarily to directly force them out but at least make it be known to the media and the world that we do not want the Glazers at the club.

I don't think they give a shit that the fans hate them, but if - and it's a very big possibility - the bonds issue fails then they really would be well and truly up the creek. The bonds roadshow is also being targeted by various fan groups around europe.

Unread 18-01-2010, 06:09 PM
chatmaster

This is an idea and nothing more.

The one thing the Glazers have proven to be very good at is dividing the fans.

If more people realised what a lot of people already think then they may be more inclined to act on it.

G/G might mean burn the 'bastards down' to you, or 'no more pies in the ground' but whatever it means to each person it still means Glazer out.

I doubt people would get thrown out for wearing the old Newton Heath colours, so potentially a lot more would risk it.

If it proves to be a shit idea then so be it, better to look at it first surely ?

I shall not be replying to this post as I don't think it's appropriate for me to start discussions on here since the big sex scandal, but just wanted to make this point.

Unread 18-01-2010, 06:14 PM
believe

£#%&!ing hell it's gone an acronym. the glazers are £#%&!ed.

Unread 18-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatmaster
This is an idea and nothing more.

The one thing the Glazers have proven to be very good at is dividing the fans.

If more people realised what a lot of people already think then they may be more inclined to act on it.

G/G might mean burn the 'bastards down' to you, or 'no more pies in the ground' but whatever it means to each person it still means Glazer out.

I doubt people would get thrown out for wearing the old Newton Heath colours, so potentially a lot more would risk it.

If it proves to be a shit idea then so be it, better to look at it first surely ?

I shall not be replying to this post as I don't think it's appropriate for me to start discussions on here since the big sex scandal, but just wanted to make this point.
?

Unread 18-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
They don't give a £#%&! what you're wearing. The point is to raise awareness and get more and more people to realise what's happening.

If there's one thing that's been noticeable, especially over the past week, it's that the majority, or at the very least a large minority of United fans all agree on one thing now the figures about the debt have come out - that the Glazers cannot continue at the helm of this club as they are likely to drive it into the ground.

What now has to be agreed upon is what action to take.

As I mentioned elsewhere this coming weekend there is to be a meeting of the steering committee - basically to decide what is to be done about the Glazers.

It seems so far that one of the more popular ideas is to initially take action during the Milan game. What to do has varied from something as radical as people handcuffing themselves to the turnstiles, to something as simple but effective as a delayed walk in or a 5 minute walk out.

I am personally of the opinion, as I've already said, that it has to be a bombardment - keep boycotting anyway you feel necessary, whether it be holding back on buying half time snacks or even staying away from games altogether. More LUHG stickers and flags, more chants, more protests inside and outside the ground, more emails and letters to MP's and 'celebrity' united fans. The aim of this is not necessarily to directly force them out but at least make it be known to the media and the world that we do not want the Glazers at the club.

I don't think they give a shit that the fans hate them, but if - and it's a very big possibility - the bonds issue fails then they really would be well and truly up the creek. The bonds roadshow is also being targeted by various fan groups around europe.
I agree completely that the bonds should be targetted. If it goes through then they have already said they are taking out the Ronaldo money to pay their own debt off and they are selling off the training ground to do exactly the same thing.

I'm not sure about the timescales for this bond to be completed but I would suggest there isn't time to be trying to "raise awareness" by wearing scarves.

How about an petition addressed to any potential investors-

"We the undersigned will refuse to renew our season tickets should this bond, which we feel is against the long term interests fo the football club, be agreed"

You don't even have to mean it, you just have to sign it.

This 322 page document spells out all the potential possibilities of the investors not getting their money back, gate money is one of the biggest.

Which investor is going to seriously risk recommending it if this were to then happen after they had been warned it could?

There is a difference between now and 2005 and that is that Old Trafford is now at saturation point, any potential threat of a boycott would work because the adage that there will always be someone else prepared to buy your ticket is no longer true.

If it was they would be doing it now because matches aren't selling out.

Unread 18-01-2010, 07:09 PM
Diego Greygo

Quote:
I agree completely that the bonds should be targetted. If it goes through then they have already said they are taking out the Ronaldo money to pay their own debt off and they are selling off the training ground to do exactly the same thing.

I'm not sure about the timescales for this bond to be completed but I would suggest there isn't time to be trying to "raise awareness" by wearing scarves.

"We the undersigned will refuse to renew our season tickets should this bond, which we feel is against the long term interests fo the football club, be agreed"

This 322 page document spells out all the potential possibilities of the investors not getting their money back, gate money is one of the biggest.

Which investor is going to seriously risk recommending it if this were to then happen after they had been warned it could?

There is a difference between now and 2005 and that is that Old Trafford is now at saturation point, any potential threat of a boycott would work because the adage that there will always be someone else prepared to buy your ticket is no longer true.

the petition idea would make these ginger @#%&!s think about it

Unread 18-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

The only thing other than matchday revenue the glazers are shit scared about is fergie leaving - but he's obviously not going to come out and say anything. I don't particularly blame him, it's not in his own interests and probably not in the interests of the team short term. So the bond issue is definitely what we should be looking at in terms of direct action.

Unread 18-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatmaster

I shall not be replying to this post as I don't think it's appropriate for me to start discussions on here since the big sex scandal
Fair enough Stan.

Unread 18-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Banbury RED

Mine will need to be taken outof moth balls.