Unread 12-06-2016, 09:33 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Is Rooney being blamed yet?
probably. I'm not a fan of his at all but thought he was very good last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
how did england get a direct FK for obstruction?
they changed the rules a few years back

Unread 12-06-2016, 11:00 AM
Child of Darkness

Joe hart is £#%&!ing shit . Massively overrated. Top keepers dont get beat like that . He's cost the divs plenty of games this season but gets a free ride in the press

Unread 12-06-2016, 11:41 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
Joe hart is £#%&!ing shit . Massively overrated. Top keepers dont get beat like that . He's cost the divs plenty of games this season but gets a free ride in the press
Flapping around his six yard box like an epileptic baboon at Manumission.

Great 2 see. Let's hope old peanut head hasn't noticed.

Unread 12-06-2016, 12:35 PM
dunk

Hart was a bit far out and a touch leaden footed, but that was a superb header tbf.

Unread 12-06-2016, 12:37 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Could he have been better positioned and gawped less ?

Looked like he was at the Airport pub with Waynes ears watching planes..
He definitely could have gawped less. Gawped is a great word. My phone didn't want to let me use it. Kept changing it to gasped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
His positioning wasn't great
Nothing wrong with his positioning. The ball just looped over him. It was a fluke, just like Daz Fletcher's winner against Chelsea many moons ago - nobody blamed Cech, and rightly not. Don't make me defend Joe Hart. I hate him as much as anyone. He'll £#%&! up for real soon enough.

Unread 12-06-2016, 12:40 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The real issue I suppose is England's failure to kill the game despite numerous good chances. Sterling, in particular was awful, wasted virtually every single decent attack.

Daniel Bedinfield in the Russia goal had a blinder as well.
Yep, good position and territory stats but didn't create enough for Kane and wasted what they did create. Plus the subs were shit.

As somebody said last night, Lallana had a decent game, but hes shit, so a decent game for him isn't enough at that level. I'd drop him and Sterling, bring Wilshere in if he can play 90 and probably Vardy, but maybe Rashford depending on how he rejigs the formation. Nothing wrong with 4-4-2 against a fairly average Wales side.

Unread 12-06-2016, 12:42 PM
dunk

Roy has boned himself by not having the balls to drop Sturridge, as he clearly wanted to, and instead leaving himself with Sterling as his only natural wide man. A woefully out of form and struggling for confidence Sterling at that.

Can't get my head around his not taking Kane off and giving one of the other 3 a go.

Unread 12-06-2016, 01:16 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Roy has boned himself by not having the balls to drop Sturridge, as he clearly wanted to, and instead leaving himself with Sterling as his only natural wide man. A woefully out of form and struggling for confidence Sterling at that.

Can't get my head around his not taking Kane off and giving one of the other 3 a go.
Compromised selection, with Rooney in midfield, Sterling is lucky that Welbeck is injured, would not be near a starting place otherwise, big miss for England as much as some may not want to admit it.

I was surprised at the reaction last night, they allowed a very poor Russia team to steal a point, any of the other major countries would be highly critical in that situation.

Why is Dele Ali suddenly an uncontested first pick? Plenty of potential but quite erratic in his play, did next to nothing yesterday bar winning the free kick for the goal, England need to get Wilshere into the team.

Unread 12-06-2016, 01:34 PM
morgan

The Russian Sports Minister enjoying England getting their post match shoe-ing - Allegedly

Unread 12-06-2016, 03:19 PM
Sparky***

How the £#%&! did Russian fans manage to get a flair gun into the ground? Is it any wonder ISIS are running amok in that country ffs? The French are absolutely useless.

Getting back to the main footballing point - it's absolutely typical of England that they peaked before a tournament in a nothing friendly against Germany.

Unread 12-06-2016, 03:30 PM
Spock

Cool

word sparkles

Unread 13-06-2016, 12:48 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

TBF, Sterling started well but totally agree that Sturridge shouldn't be there. The guy oozes an arrogance he can't back up & when you talk about faces that beg to be punched , his has to be right at the top of the list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
He definitely could have gawped less. Gawped is a great word. My phone didn't want to let me use it. Kept changing it to gasped.

Nothing wrong with his positioning. The ball just looped over him. It was a fluke, just like Daz Fletcher's winner against Chelsea many moons ago - nobody blamed Cech, and rightly not. Don't make me defend Joe Hart. I hate him as much as anyone. He'll £#%&! up for real soon enough.
After painfully watching it again I will withdraw my criticism of Hart. Your call is fair. Hart wasn't out of position & had no chance with the header. Onwards & upwards

Quote:
How the £#%&! did Russian fans manage to get a flair gun into the ground? Is it any wonder ISIS are running amok in that country ffs? The French are absolutely useless.

Getting back to the main footballing point - it's absolutely typical of England that they peaked before a tournament in a nothing friendly against Germany.
They are suffocating under the media pressure& so is Hodgson . The same £#%&!wit pundits who were screaming for Rooney to be dropped are the same ones screaming at him being taken off. All in all a decent performance ruined by a fluke late goal .

Unread 13-06-2016, 01:31 AM
Alan

Quote:

Should have had van gaal in charge of security. He wouldn't have stood for such a thing.

Unread 13-06-2016, 02:11 AM
Stone Monkey

When Russia scored!

Unread 13-06-2016, 06:33 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Monkey
When Russia scored!

made my day that

Unread 13-06-2016, 07:17 AM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Monkey
When Russia scored!

Look At the TV behind the bar

Unread 13-06-2016, 07:26 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Compromised selection, with Rooney in midfield, Sterling is lucky that Welbeck is injured, would not be near a starting place otherwise, big miss for England as much as some may not want to admit it.

I was surprised at the reaction last night, they allowed a very poor Russia team to steal a point, any of the other major countries would be highly critical in that situation.

Why is Dele Ali suddenly an uncontested first pick? Plenty of potential but quite erratic in his play, did next to nothing yesterday bar winning the free kick for the goal, England need to get Wilshere into the team.
Spot on. England played some nice stuff and it's the most likeable side for years, but patting yourself on the back for a decent showing against a poor Russia side you couldn't even beat? Besides, for all the youth in the side it was the experienced backline of Hart, Smalling and Cahill who surely let them down. More should be demanded of those guys.

Will be very interesting to watch Rooney in midfield if he plays against a decent side. Bet Mou is hoping for that to have a look.
Closed Thread