United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-04-2018, 09:35 PM
Buck

If Zidane wins three CLs in three years as a manager, what does that say about the state of the competition today?

Fergie retired too soon. Would have had a few more medals now that Barcelona team isn't in the way.

Unread 25-04-2018, 09:36 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
If Zidane wins three CLs in three years as a manager, what does that say about the state of the competition today?

Fergie retired too soon. Would have had a few more medals now that Barcelona team isn't in the way.

Unread 25-04-2018, 09:37 PM
Sparky***

Like a comedy of errors this.

Unread 25-04-2018, 09:37 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I'm utterly dumbfounded as to the level of shit i'm witnessing here.

Of all the seasons for all of Europe's top clubs to turn to shit.
I think it speaks to what appears to be a poor generation of footballers worldwide, Barca, Juve, Real, Bayern, these teams have a large number of the best best players in the world in their squads but the level of football being produced is at a poor level.

Some people like to talk as if this is the best level the game has ever been, not sure what they are watching. You can even see it with Utd, 2nd in the league, high points total but a rather poor team compared to historic equivalents.

Unread 25-04-2018, 09:38 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Madrid have beaten PSG, Juventus and now likely Bayern en route to the final and have won the last two European Cups, I hardly think they will worry about £#%&!ing Liverpool
I take it you haven't been watching this evening then?

Unread 25-04-2018, 09:39 PM
AK14

Quote:

Yep

The timing of it all is so annoying and just when you thought it couldn’t get worse those scouse bastards end up with one foot in another final.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
I think it speaks to what appears to be a poor generation of footballers worldwide, Barca, Juve, Real, Bayern, these teams have a large number of the best best players in the world in their squads but the level of football being produced is at a poor level.

Some people like to talk as if this is the best level the game has ever been, not sure what they are watching. You can even see it with Utd, 2nd in the league, high points total but a rather poor team compared to historic equivalents.
Not so long ago you could name a load of players that would have improved us overnight or up and coming youngsters that you’d put your house on becoming quality players. Now I couldn’t think of many that are attainable tbh?

Unread 25-04-2018, 09:43 PM
Zorg

Unread 25-04-2018, 09:44 PM
andyroo

Quote:
I'd be happy to put up with that.

Unread 25-04-2018, 09:50 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Not so long ago you could name a load of players that would have improved us overnight or up and coming youngsters that you’d put your house on becoming quality players. Now I couldn’t think of many that are attainable tbh?
Bayern still relying on Ribery 35, and Robben 34 to start on the wings in 2018 shows the problem, yes they are missing Coman but a lot of the top teams have ageing attacks, Messi and Suarez, Ronaldo and Benzema, Lewandowski, Robben and Ribery. Asenjio looks a great talent in the making but they are all facing transition at the same time.

Unread 25-04-2018, 09:51 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
I'd be happy to put up with that.
In this circumstance for sure. Still will rankle that the bald chancer is going to have more than Fergie

How much jammy luck they've had with easy draws, referee 'errors', dodgy goals...they don't play attractive football either. They've won it back to back but no one talks of them as one of the great club teams.

This Real Madrid team would have been lucky to have won it once in the heyday of Fergie's era.

Unread 25-04-2018, 09:51 PM
Switching Off

Gerrard reckons Liverpool can score against either of these in the final.

Would love it, love it if they don't make it.

Unread 25-04-2018, 09:52 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Madrid have beaten PSG, Juventus and now likely Bayern en route to the final and have won the last two European Cups, I hardly think they will worry about £#%&!ing Liverpool
B-b-b-but Saladfingers is ammmmmazing and never has off games

Unread 25-04-2018, 09:52 PM
saffers

Quote:
In this circumstance for sure. Still will rankle that the bald chancer is going to have more than Fergie

How much jammy luck they've had with easy draws, referee 'errors', dodgy goals...they don't play attractive football either. They've won it back to back but no one talks of them as one of the great club teams.

This Real Madrid team would have been lucky to have won it once in the heyday of Fergie's era.
More CLs than guardiola, ferie, mou, ancelotti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Gerrard reckons Liverpool can score against either of these in the final.

Would love it, love it if they don't make it.
Its liverpool mate, glorious failure in their dna Would not be shocked for one moment if they get battered in rome(on and off the pitch

They always find a way to hype themselves up only to fall embarrassingly. Showing roma no respect is slopehead.

Unread 25-04-2018, 10:00 PM
Bunker Buster

If Liverpool get through......(they probably will) Madrid will tear them apart...

Think they’ll probably score 3 or 4

No way Liverpool and fragile mustard teeth cope with a disgusting city like Kiev and the pressure of that night....

Completely calm...

Unread 25-04-2018, 10:00 PM
andyroo

More confident in Madrid than Bayern. Would still prefer the insurance policy of Roma rubbing them out but shyeah right.

Unread 25-04-2018, 11:16 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I take it you haven't been watching this evening then?
But the thing is, Real are getting the results despite not playing that well. That's the sort of side you want against Liverpool in a final

Unread 26-04-2018, 04:02 AM
Stickman

said it before and will say it again, its down to Ronaldo and I trust him to hit a double in the final.

Unread 26-04-2018, 07:59 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
More confident in Madrid than Bayern. Would still prefer the insurance policy of Roma rubbing them out but shyeah right.
Scousers to monumentally blow it in Rome on Wednesday. Can you imagine it ?

Unread 26-04-2018, 08:03 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
Scousers to monumentally blow it in Rome on Wednesday. Can you imagine it ?
Frankly no. It'd be lovely though.

Unread 26-04-2018, 08:17 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Frankly no. It'd be lovely though.

It's a Bayern v Roma final....come on!!!!

I wonder what odds you'd get on that ?
Closed Thread